Good Quality Hindi Vinyl Pressings

Thank you Shafic,

Even to see the LP Picture is very nice. To Listen the songs Oh! its very great! But where to get a new record. Only then it will very good. Please let me know if I can get a copy of this record in new or good condition.

Hello Every One,
I guess most original vinyl pressing be it Mono or Stereo having excellent sound reproduction, since I have huge collection of RD my list will include most of his numbers, few numbers from my collection :

Jal Bin Machli
Meera
Sholay
Haadsaa
AmarPrem
Samunder
Rahi Badal Gaye
Shaan
Jawani
Sanam Teri Kasam
Teri Kasam
The Unforgettable ( Jagjit Singh )
Ecstasies ( Jagjit Singh )
The Legend ( Jagjit Singh )
Milestone ( Jagjit Singh )
Kati Patang
Namak Halaal
Sharabi
Naseeb
Silsila
Satte pe Satta
Des Pardesh
Rocky
Sagar
Shakti
Rampur Ka laxamn
Disco Dancer
Jawani Deewani
Romance
Agar Tum Na Hote
Mahaan
Yeh Wada Rha
Manzil Manzil
Surpadmavali Pt Jasraj
Tu Raskan De Pt Bhimsen Joshi

I am looking for few RD's rarest LPs to add in my selection, following are numbers I am looking for :

Aamne samne, Takkar; GolMaal; Harjaee; Double Cross; Chor pe mor; Do Chor; Phir wahi raat; Naram garam; Dhuaan; Nikamaa / Jane Jaan; Bade dil walaKaalia; Gambler; Shareef badmash; Kaun Kaise; Duniya; Rang Birangi.

Waiting for promopt response my email [email protected]
I want few non RD Lps as well :

Goonj 1986, Phir Teri Khanai Yaad Aayi,
Mashaal, Love in Goa, Chasm-e-budoor, ShahenSha

Thanks,
KSR
Dear Mr Rathaur,

I am new to vinyls , I have sourced second hand vinyls from Mr Rajesh Verma (9214596220) & has RDs collection.
Found them reasonably prized & of optimum quality . He is based out of Kota & I would recommend him.

Recently bought 'Dilwale' and 'Barsaat' Vinyls on Amazon, Good pressings and good analogue music.

Dear Mr Rathaur,

I am new to vinyls , I have sourced second hand vinyls from Mr Rajesh Verma (9214596220) & has RDs collection.
Found them reasonably prized & of optimum quality . He is based out of Kota & I would recommend him.
I beg to differ. I found his LPs too highly priced but your experience might have been different.

Yes it may be my inexperience or may be a good transaction. You have a vast collection ... Would you please suggest where can one buy vinyls from. Thanks !
Hello
If you want to collect vinyls ,you may look at the sale section in our forum . Alternatively if you come to Kolkata you may find some good pieces at a cheaper price. But you will have to spend some time to find good condition vinyls here. As for myself I collect vinyls from Kolkata and I also collect those locally. If ever I smell that any known persons have vinyls, I try my best to buy from them. There are people around who move towards streaming without bothering much about physical media. I am always in search of such persons because in most cases their vinyls are in very good condition. So I would like to request you to check everywhere and go slow then one day you will have an attractive number of vinyls.
Cheers

Hello
If you want to collect vinyls ,you may look at the sale section in our forum . Alternatively if you come to Kolkata you may find some good pieces at a cheaper price. But you will have to spend some time to find good condition vinyls here. As for myself I collect vinyls from Kolkata and I also collect those locally. If ever I smell that any known persons have vinyls, I try my best to buy from them. There are people around who move towards streaming without bothering much about physical media. I am always in search of such persons because in most cases their vinyls are in very good condition. So I would like to request you to check everywhere and go slow then one day you will have an attractive number of vinyls.
Cheers
Sound advice!

Well, has anybody thought about what the future would be like for youngsters like me who are audiophiles and like old hindi music? What if mint quality original pressings become extinct? Do the collectors keep a digital backup of their recordings or only use the same vinyl till it gets worn out?

First pressings of Bollywood vinyl have become extinct. Even if available, those are outside our reach. I'm slowly digitizing my collection for listening through DAC.

I agree I love The Burning Train LP.
I am not a lover of Indian music but I use my The Burning Train LP for listening tests, its one of the best I've come across.
In comparison, pressings like Aandhi and the Odeon version of Yaadon Ki Baaraat, etc are quite poor (probably done for play-back small record players like the HMV Calypso)

Prem, I think, I have a few Angel/Odeon copies of Navrang. Let me see if I can spare a few!
I also have quite a few K L Saigal on Angel first copies, superb pressing.
Would you still happen to have an Angel/Odeon pressing of Navrang? thanks

Could someone please post a sample picture of odean double ring LPs/EPs. most of the pics from the relevant threads are gone due to age.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back