Good TV for watching sports, Discuss low stutter TV's

I played call of duty online yesterday through my ps4 and zero motion issues.
Very enjoyable infact. This tv lives up to its gaming credentials.
I think refresh rate is good wrt OLEDs and if not for the fear that's looming about image retention, OLEDs are the best visual display units for gaming. We therefore must be proud of our TVs when gaming is concerned. But Frame rate is another issue and this challenges most TV's. I think that customer support rep misunderstood refresh rate to frame rate and thus blabbered about the NVidia GSync compatibility.
If I summarize:
For the following LG and Sony OLEDs are good - 1) gaming through consoles 2) movie watching in dark room 3) OTT HD content 4) Blue Ray and HDMI pass-through content and 5) For those who have eye sensitivity issues watching bright LCDs in dark rooms. OLEDs are not so good for sports viewing, SD content, logo marqueed content, local TV series and ott sports and if the viewing is predominantly around uncontrolled ambient light in halls and public lounges.

BTW, here's an example video of how cricket looks at 50fps. This is just highlights and not 60fps, but you'll feel how bad Hotstar is compared to that:

Modern TVs do de-interlacing quite well. Else you'd see the horizontal lines around edges like on the old-school recorded broadcasts. But yeah, ideally doing interlacing in hardware is better and that's why 1080p 30 is preferred over 1080i 60. But again, what choice do we have? Hotstar looks like 480p and even the 24 fps sometimes stutters and seems like 10fps when there's a high load on their servers.
hotstar giving live tv channel (star) only for mobile,pc users ,only sports,big boss r live telecast on TV ,even sunnxt is better they giving all south sun network channels live on mobile ,TV

Neither am I. When did I bring up the topic about 4K? Please read responses in full before quoting.
"The only medium that can deliver the best possible image is Blu Ray disc. By this, I don't mean down loading a blu ray rip cause then most of us play it of some random software based player and that has its own problems with compression. You can achieve decent results with the use of a computer with a capable gpu card but again, you don't know how good the source is other than the claim that it is "blur ray".
Use a good reference uhd disc like Tenet. You will see a side to your TV that you never did. If your TV can't present this movie well, then you sure have a weak or not so good display."

So you are referring to 1080p blue ray content ? I thought 4k blue ray. The 1080p blue ray content is good but nowhere near even 4k youtube content.
Also your referring to uhd confused me . Thought you meant 4k.
You can quote me freely while answering.

So you are referring to 1080p blue ray content ? I thought 4k blue ray.
For the love of god, you sure have a problem reading, interpreting what I write. I ask that you read post #24 again.

At no point did I draw comparisons to 1080p or 4k. We (or this thread) are talking about the ability of a display to handle motion and my point was to make judgements or decisions using a good source. Anything and everything you stream on your TV is compressed, else there is simply no way they can deliver content to you in a efficient manner.

It's cheap actually (comes as bundle of channels), traditional cable with similar offerings usually cost anywhere between 80-100$ in US.

Wow! Then we are quite lucky when our DTH channels don't cost the sky. Your figures mean almost 7-8000 in Indian currency. IMO youtube won't find a customer in India, :D

So did we get an answer to the question asked in the OP.
My Samsung Plasma conked off last year. Felt like the right time to cut the cord on DTH, but whole experience of watching sports on Hotstar and Sonyliv has been pretty bad exacerbated by internet issues.
So looking to go back to DTH and a TV before EPL starts. Don't have budget for OLEDs so I know I will be compromising on PQ coming from a Plasma by going for a cheap LED. Just wanted to know if watching sports is gonna be an issue, because it wasn't on my Plasma (have no idea whether they even had those issues or my eyes got adjusted to them). Was thinking if going for monitors instead of TVs makes any sense if it helps in reducing blurriness /stutter but reading the discussion till now, it seems going for a TV/monitor with a faster response rate is not the solution and might even be much worse.

So did we get an answer to the question asked in the OP.
My Samsung Plasma conked off last year. Felt like the right time to cut the cord on DTH, but whole experience of watching sports on Hotstar and Sonyliv has been pretty bad exacerbated by internet issues.
So looking to go back to DTH and a TV before EPL starts. Don't have budget for OLEDs so I know I will be compromising on PQ coming from a Plasma by going for a cheap LED. Just wanted to know if watching sports is gonna be an issue, because it wasn't on my Plasma (have no idea whether they even had those issues or my eyes got adjusted to them). Was thinking if going for monitors instead of TVs makes any sense if it helps in reducing blurriness /stutter but reading the discussion till now, it seems going for a TV/monitor with a faster response rate is not the solution and might even be much worse.
I have been watching the Olympics for the last few days on tatasky on lg cx .
Either i have got used to the motion issues or the hd signal from sony is good. In anycase i am not disturbed anymore while watching sports on tatasky.
Very enjoyable.
My settings might be the reason too.
Go for the oled. But dont rely on ott. Stick to ota.
And as for image retention with my watching the same channels for a few hours continously with the sony logo and all , i dont care. Que sera sera.

I have been watching the Olympics for the last few days on tatasky on lg cx .
Either i have got used to the motion issues or the hd signal from sony is good. In anycase i am not disturbed anymore while watching sports on tatasky.
Very enjoyable.
My settings might be the reason too.
Go for the oled. But dont rely on ott. Stick to ota.
And as for image retention with my watching the same channels for a few hours continously with the sony logo and all , i dont care. Que sera sera.
Image retention is something you would notice after 1000s of hours of continual rough use. Doris Day Que sera sera oh! I gotta play that one now.

Asking for a friend who recently bought a Sony X90J and isn't enjoying watching sports on the TV due to stuttering. Would upgrading to a Tatasky 4K box improve sports viewing as it can technically do proper 60hz on sports versus 30 that the 1080i Tatasky HD box does? Or better to just force 720p on the the Tatasky (which he claims improved things a lot compared to 1080i).

Asking for a friend who recently bought a Sony X90J and isn't enjoying watching sports on the TV due to stuttering. Would upgrading to a Tatasky 4K box improve sports viewing as it can technically do proper 60hz on sports versus 30 that the 1080i Tatasky HD box does? Or better to just force 720p on the the Tatasky (which he claims improved things a lot compared to 1080i).
I had a lot of issue with sports a few weeks back on my lg.
Use all the tricks available for image smoothening available on your tv.
Totally ignore the "experts" on the net who complain about soap opera effect and are looking for a "pure " experience by switching off the image processing.
Now i dont feel disturbed by the motion issues.
Maybe got used to them or the settings helped.
The large TVs accentuate the image processing problems which before were not noticable on smaller tvs.
I use a normal hd Tatasky box.

High praise for the Sony XR-65A80J. There is motion blur correction minus the soap opera effect at the loss of some brightness. Panel brightness when measured is low among oled but not something you notice when you view the TV.

Source

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back