Group Buy - Panasonic 50VT20

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys bought 50vt20d at chennai mountroad tarapore towers chroma @ 72000 with logitech key board and 2 pairs of 3d eyewear contact Raman - manager for details

too many pms . here is the copy of the bill . cheers

You said 2 pairs of 3D eyewear. 1 is usually in the TV box itself and the additional one should have been mentioned in the bill as "gift". Please get it clarified from croma if you havent got the second pair already.

I can check with the local Croma if people from Mumbai are interested. Might be able to get them to come down to 72K + Glasses + Keyboard (If it's in stock) for a group buy.

Let me know if anyone from Mumbai is interested.

Hi Prankey,

Count me in. But yes if they can give an additional pair of glasses then it would be excellent. But yes, I would also like to go with finance option.

Thanks,
-Pallav

Hi Pramkey
I'm ok with the price of 70.5K. Please check regarding viability and costs of shipping to kochi.
Thanks
I will mark you for that.

Hey Prankey,
preference will be given to Bang its ok but what about others kindly clear and kindly flesh some steps to make a deal.

great effort.

Thanks
:p
Yes I am trying for that. Croma guys are not that great business acumen so face challenges in such talks.

Hey prankey.. Check with 'Unrealistic'. He has a quote for 72k in pune with 2 glasses and keyboard.

Does Bangalore have the Hypercity? You should check there too if it is present.
I am unaware of Hypercity in Bangalore. Let me know if someone knows. I would appreciate an update from you.

hi guys bought 50vt20d at chennai mountroad tarapore towers chroma @ 72000 with logitech key board and 2 pairs of 3d eyewear contact Raman - manager for details
Your invoice do not mention second glass. Kindly clarify and PM Raman's contact number. Would really appreciate your effort.

I can check with the local Croma if people from Mumbai are interested. Might be able to get them to come down to 72K + Glasses + Keyboard (If it's in stock) for a group buy.

Let me know if anyone from Mumbai is interested.
Yes, I would strongly recommend Maharashtra members to contact Unrealistic for better prices in Maharashtra without Octroi issues.

I am in for 50VT20 anything below 72k with 2 pairs of glasses + DTH HD Connection + 3 years warranty and shipping to Himachal Pradesh, or Delhi (from where I can collect myself)

Also, wanna know do we have to pay in advance before receiving the tv ?
Trying my best buddy. I also don't want higher price than 65k with all these freebies, but these people are claiming that they got it for 70k so can't go below 70.5k and can't give free extra glasses.

Hi Prankey,

Count me in. But yes if they can give an additional pair of glasses then it would be excellent. But yes, I would also like to go with finance option.

Thanks,
-Pallav
Updated list:

1. GVRAVI (Karwar)
2. unicorn (Kolkata)
3. god2007 (Cochin)
4. sg3707 (Bangalore) (On HOLD)
5. Gijo George (Kochi)
6. ab79 (kakinada)
7. captrajesh (Chennai)
8. audiodelic (Delhi)
9. idlebrain (Hyderabad)
10. max123_ind (Hyderabad)
11. dhruviboy (Kolkata)
12. giddavr (AP)
13. arnprasad (Bangalore)
14. Cnu (Gujrat)
15. carnatic (Bangalore)
16. Unrealistic (Mumbai)
17. kooldeep (Haryana)
18. Jaybe (Bangalore)
19. emailnagpal (HP)
20. pgurha (Bangalore)

@ Prankey
Some how managed the funds for the initial payment but I am in for the planned 65K.
(TV+ 2glasses(1 in box + 1 extra) + Logitech Keyboard) (Optional: HD DTH)

Already have 40C630 which I bought last and cannot afford two TV's unless it is a very good offer.

Other than us I don't see anyone buying this model.
Reasons:
1) Old Model
2) less demand for plasma's in general public
3) No festival season until Christmas
4) Less no of display pieces
5) Only option is croma

I think we can play the waiting game until they realize that they cant sell them.

But even croma guys are so stupid not offering us the best price becasue they need not waste their time trying to show us the demo, pleasing us etc etc...we are directly ordering almost 20 peices. In addition they will 100% have +ve word of mouth also.

Hi Prankey,

Apology for creating problem, I have changed my mind to not go for Plasma :(. So please remove my name.

Thanks,
-Pallav

Hi Prankey,

Please outline the deal as it stands today.Price, warranty, No.of 3D Glasses, Wireless KB, HD+ Box etc.
Also, for the outstation members, what are the shipping costs incl.insurance and other details.
Payment options (In full and EMI's) and who to make the DD/Chq payable to etc.

This is so we can take a call at 70k odd, and not wait till 65-68k and miss out on the deal due to low stocks and preference to Bangalore delivery customers.

Also, outstation members will want surety of new and fresh pieces, without excessive hours of usage and new packaging.Otherwise returning TV's would be a headache.

I for one would like to take a call soonish, rather than miss out and pay 90k+ for an ST30 which is the closest comparable model.

Thanks and cheers for your efforts.
Dhruv

Why are all you guys piling up to buy vt20 which is a discontinued model internationally and all the stock is imported more than half a year ago ??

Do you guys know that vt20 has only 60 nit brightness and even though 3d is gr8 all reviews state that 3d in vt20 produces a very dim image and unless watched in darkness will not impress.( It is improved in 2011 series st30 but still not as good as samsung plasmas as told by reviews) Yes the black level is the best among all tv's but brightness is also very important right and vt20 lacks in this area(i have read a lot of critic review and they all say this).

USB playback support is not very good and all formats are not supported. Also in pc mode the max resolution supported is 1336*768(maybe new firmware supports 1080p but not sure)

Also vt20 has no screen burn protection like pixel orbiter and scrolling and use IR glasses and not bluetooth and the new 2011 panasonic glasses cost around 170$ per pair though even the old 2010 ones work but still they are also expensive compared to samsung. Also vt20 is bulky and styling is dated.

@Prankey Do you think the merits of vt20 outweigh all demerits? Does it make sense for all these people to put 70k and buy one and a half year old model which is being cleared out of the market to make place for newer models?
Dont you think that samsung d550 is a better more feature rich alternative with 3 times brightness(more than 160 nits), gr8 3d pq , gr8 upsacling of sd, lighter and cheaper bluetooth 3d glasses, better usb support, slimmer tv design and stylish looks. Maybe the reflection is a slight bother but it can be handled by placing tv in low reflection position and putting curtains. Technically reviews say vt20 might have 5-10% better 2d pq (i dont personally think so) but still there are a lot of disadvantages in buying it.

@prankey

i appreciate ur efforts in making this deal....but the present price n free items witj product is not appealing like a real hot deal...if it is available at 65k...im in...... vice versa

@Prankey Do you think the merits of vt20 outweigh all demerits? Does it make sense for all these people to put 70k and buy one and a half year old model which is being cleared out of the market to make place for newer models?
Dont you think that samsung d550 is a better more feature rich alternative with 3 times brightness(more than 160 nits), gr8 3d pq , gr8 upsacling of sd, lighter and cheaper bluetooth 3d glasses, better usb support, slimmer tv design and stylish looks. Maybe the reflection is a slight bother but it can be handled by placing tv in low reflection position and putting curtains. Technically reviews say vt20 might have 5-10% better 2d pq (i dont personally think so) but still there are a lot of disadvantages in buying it.

Can the Panasonic plasma owners and fan's give their views?
definitely panasonic black levels are best in class but looking at overall picture quality, sd up scaling, better brightness would the samsung d550 be a better choice ?

Why are all you guys piling up to buy vt20 which is a discontinued model internationally and all the stock is imported more than half a year ago ??

Do you guys know that vt20 has only 60 nit brightness and even though 3d is gr8 all reviews state that 3d in vt20 produces a very dim image and unless watched in darkness will not impress.( It is improved in 2011 series st30 but still not as good as samsung plasmas as told by reviews) Yes the black level is the best among all tv's but brightness is also very important right and vt20 lacks in this area(i have read a lot of critic review and they all say this).

USB playback support is not very good and all formats are not supported. Also in pc mode the max resolution supported is 1336*768(maybe new firmware supports 1080p but not sure)

Also vt20 has no screen burn protection like pixel orbiter and scrolling and use IR glasses and not bluetooth and the new 2011 panasonic glasses cost around 170$ per pair though even the old 2010 ones work but still they are also expensive compared to samsung. Also vt20 is bulky and styling is dated.

Mate, i wouldnt agree to all of the opinions of yours..........i have seen over 30 BRs on my VT till date and got 80 more to go and trust me no matter what people say ......its worth each penny and definitely a steal at the price being offered...........IMHO this set would beat the hell out of any samsung product on offer currently.........have seen the 550 and 8000 on demo......afterall i am buying the set to watch the image as natural as intended by the maker of the content....and this is the closest one can ever get currently....

Hi Prankey,

Please outline the deal as it stands today.Price, warranty, No.of 3D Glasses, Wireless KB, HD+ Box etc.
Also, for the outstation members, what are the shipping costs incl.insurance and other details.
Payment options (In full and EMI's) and who to make the DD/Chq payable to etc.

This is so we can take a call at 70k odd, and not wait till 65-68k and miss out on the deal due to low stocks and preference to Bangalore delivery customers.

Also, outstation members will want surety of new and fresh pieces, without excessive hours of usage and new packaging.Otherwise returning TV's would be a headache.

I for one would like to take a call soonish, rather than miss out and pay 90k+ for an ST30 which is the closest comparable model.

Thanks and cheers for your efforts.
Dhruv
I spoke with the area manager today to check on the deal with glasses (had told him of about 20 members interested int his group buy yesterday), when he checked the current inventory, he is telling that there are only about 2 display pieces left for now and it will take 10 to 15 days to source more!

Honestly having tough time working with these Croma folks. They gave the pricing without checking the inventory, I just fail to understand. I asked him to check on the inventory for 50ST30 and give the best price, he hasn't come back on that.

Now let me know if you and other members are willing to wait for another 10 to 15 days (it might have gone from Croma to other dealers in which case it might be good for us to talk elsewhere, will check tomorrow and let you know).

Hi Prankey,

Apology for creating problem, I have changed my mind to not go for Plasma :(. So please remove my name.

Thanks,
-Pallav

Sure, np. Updated list:

1. GVRAVI (Karwar)
2. unicorn (Kolkata)
3. god2007 (Cochin)
4. sg3707 (Bangalore) (On HOLD)
5. Gijo George (Kochi)
6. ab79 (kakinada)
7. captrajesh (Chennai)
8. audiodelic (Delhi)
9. idlebrain (Hyderabad)
10. max123_ind (Hyderabad)
11. dhruviboy (Kolkata)
12. giddavr (AP)
13. arnprasad (Bangalore)
14. Cnu (Gujrat)
15. carnatic (Bangalore)
16. Unrealistic (Mumbai)
17. kooldeep (Haryana)
18. Jaybe (Bangalore)
19. emailnagpal (HP)

I agree with you buddy that's why I always felt that D550 is the right TV for me. However, looking at the reviews of HDTVTest.co.uk, they report SD upscaling of VT20 to be better, however today I read that the 2D latency of VT20 is about 47ms which is way beyond then D550's 16 to 31ms (game and normal mode respectively), adding 2d to 3d conversion, 7 times less expensive and BETTER, LIGHTER BT 3D glasses, better colors, brightness, calibration options, accurate Gamma, better USB and design of D550 has pulled me back to D550.

My primary reason for going with VT20 were black levels, AR coated probably better quality panel, probably more reliable and longer lasting TV with 3 years warranty with THX mode in 2D were the reasons pulling me towards VT20. Else, D550 is always an overall more practically superior choice to VT20.

@prankey

i appreciate ur efforts in making this deal....but the present price n free items witj product is not appealing like a real hot deal...if it is available at 65k...im in...... vice versa
I agree buddy, even I dont feel this TV is a great purchase beyond 65k with 2x glasses, however Croma folks seems to be not keen in going down as they dont seems to have enough stock at good price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back