Guidance with protecting my gears

Hi,

Can you please update front side photo of the stabilizer. This is to ensure I buy the same one and not mistaken

Thanks
Ramesh

I am also planning to get Vertex Servo Stab, is that alone sufficient or require any additional conditioning device. Mine is a 2 ch setup.

I am also planning to get Vertex Servo Stab, is that alone sufficient or require any additional conditioning device. Mine is a 2 ch setup.
With vertex you get stable voltage. You can set it to either 220 or 230. It has em/rfi filters and spike arrestor. My suggestion is you can very well go for it to get stable and clean voltage. You can also set low and high voltage cutoff.

Thanks for this thread. I got the quote for Vertex Servo Stabilizer as below last week.

VERTEX 2 kVA 1-Phase Servo Stabiliser – 16, 520.00
VERTEX 3 kVA 1-Phase Servo Stabiliser – 17, 700.00
VERTEX 4 kVA 1-Phase Servo Stabiliser – 20, 060.00

Inclusive of GST @ 18%
Transport Charges – Extra as applicable. (For Pune it is ~1500)
Built-in EMI Filter / Built-in Surge Arrestor

I plan to use it for Denon X-3600H (660w), SVS SB3000 (800w), LG 55" TV (Not sure about the wattage but may be ~100w), Denon N7 (65w), other equipments (100w). That is 1725w with the current equipment and 2525w if I add another sub later on. I need to consider the power factor as well I suppose. Not sure how much it should be - 95%?

What is the load capacity that I should go for?

Thanks for this thread. I got the quote for Vertex Servo Stabilizer as below last week.

Inclusive of GST @ 18%

I plan to use it for Denon X-3600H (660w), SVS SB3000 (800w), LG 55" TV (Not sure about the wattage but may be ~100w), Denon N7 (65w), other equipments (100w). That is 1725w with the current equipment and 2525w if I add another sub later on. I need to consider the power factor as well I suppose. Not sure how much it should be - 95%?

Hi,

I purchased the 3KVA model recently. I'm running the following equipment off of it - My main workstation ~1000W including monitor, Marantz 6013, SVS PB-3000, some routers, switches and a couple of media boxes like ATV, etc. It never crosses 50% load at any time.

I think the PF on these is pretty high > 95%

Inclusive of GST @ 18%

These values are maximum and in real world no way your power consumption will be 100%. Maximum will be 50%. Just go for the 3kvA. A few fm’s that I know use 3kv and use it in a set up with gears that are rated much higher than the values you have mentioned

I have just placed the order for 3kVA Vertex stabilizer. Hope to get it soon. I had sent an email to Krykard as well. Someone called up to give me the quote etc. for the standard configuration, but the response for giving me a quote for a stabilizer with EMI/RFI filter and Surge protection etc. was lukewarm and they are yet to come back with more details/quote.

I have just placed the order for 3kVA Vertex stabilizer. Hope to get it soon. I had sent an email to Krykard as well. Someone called up to give me the quote etc. for the standard configuration, but the response for giving me a quote for a stabilizer with EMI/RFI filter and Surge protection etc. was lukewarm and they are yet to come back with more details/quote.

Better to go for Vertex then as it is value for money. For the EMI and RFI filters Krykard charges approx ₹5000/- extra.

I have a 3 Kva Krykard with Sound foundations Barracuda electric distribution which has the filters.

sorry newbie here , how does EMI /RFI helps i am also looking for dedicated home theatre setup

sorry newbie here , how does EMI /RFI helps i am also looking for dedicated home theatre setup

As per my limited understanding in this field, electrical & radio frequencies are caused by manmade & natural causes like, mobile phones, computer equipment, wifi, lightening, static current,ground loops, faulty wiring or worn out contacts in the circuit breaker, long cables with less shielding etc. Basically an unwanted signal (noise) gets attached to a desired signal & is emitted by the system. This kind of noise affects the performance of a hifi system with degrading sound or can result in a noisy picture on the televisions affecting clarity.
So a stabilizer with these filters will prevent these disturbances from moving on to the hifi sytem. But a faulty wiring still needs to be rectified despite having a stabilizer. All faults at the source wiring, circuits/plugs/sockets should be rectified. All cables should ideally have thick & proper shielding to prevent acting as antennae & generating static current.
Other experts on the forum will be able to elaborate more on this. Its good to have these filters & Vertex has stabilizers meant specifically for HIfi systems. But pls check their delivery & service as it is limited to certain areas.

Last edited:
As per my limited understanding in this field, electrical & radio frequencies are caused by manmade & natural causes like, mobile phones, computer equipment, wifi, lightening, static current,ground loops, faulty wiring or worn out contacts in the circuit breaker, long cables with less shielding etc. Basically an unwanted signal (noise) gets attached to a desired signal & is emitted by the system. This kind of noise affects the performance of a hifi system with degrading sound or can result in a noisy picture on the televisions affecting clarity.
So a stabilizer with these filters will prevent these disturbances from moving on to the hifi sytem. But a faulty wiring still needs to be rectified despite having a stabilizer. All faults at the source wiring, circuits/plugs/sockets should be rectified. All cables should ideally have thick & proper shielding to prevent acting as antennae & generating static current.
Other experts on the forum will be able to elaborate more on this. Its good to have these filters & Vertex has stabilizers meant specifically for HIfi systems. But pls check their delivery & service as it is limited to certain areas.
Thanks understood:)

First I would like to Thank all for letting me know that something of this sort exists :).

Now can someone tell me if I can buy one of these and connect the input of UPS(the one I have for the entire house) to this? so that all the gadgets and equipment will get protected?
Note - all the power points (5A) lights and fans in my house are connected to the UPS.

The voltage fluctuation is horrible in my locality and so worried about all my electronic devices. Please advice.

Thank you...

First I would like to Thank all for letting me know that something of this sort exists :).

Now can someone tell me if I can buy one of these and connect the input of UPS(the one I have for the entire house) to this? so that all the gadgets and equipment will get protected?
Note - all the power points (5A) lights and fans in my house are connected to the UPS.

The voltage fluctuation is horrible in my locality and so worried about all my electronic devices. Please advice.

Thank you...

That's how I've got mine connected. Working great for a few years now. Steady voltage across heavy equipment (15A) and lighting loads (5A) and the consequent peace of mind. The Vertex servo even gave me a steady output before, during and after the recent famous/infamous "power-off your lights event" and I did see fluctuations during said event while watching the input voltage to the servo and the output from it. Throw in an industrial level surge protection device between the mains and the servo and you've got rather good protection against surge voltages(power line, lightning etc. Vertex will recommend as appropriate). With this setup I got rid of individual stabilizers and surge protectors for equipment in the house. I don't use the EMI/RFI audio version of the Vertex servo rather the plain Vertex servo. My setup is Mains --> Surge Protection Device --> Vertex Servo --> Split 15A / 5A Circuits --> Inverter in the 5A circuit.

That's how I've got mine connected. Working great for a few years now. Steady voltage across heavy equipment (15A) and lighting loads (5A) and the consequent peace of mind. The Vertex servo even gave me a steady output before, during and after the recent famous/infamous "power-off your lights event" and I did see fluctuations during said event while watching the input voltage to the servo and the output from it. Throw in an industrial level surge protection device between the mains and the servo and you've got rather good protection against surge voltages(power line, lightning etc. Vertex will recommend as appropriate). With this setup I got rid of individual stabilizers and surge protectors for equipment in the house. I don't use the EMI/RFI audio version of the Vertex servo rather the plain Vertex servo. My setup is Mains --> Surge Protection Device --> Vertex Servo --> Split 15A / 5A Circuits --> Inverter in the 5A circuit.
oh,,, that's nice could you provide me any link or info on this please "Throw in an industrial level surge protection device between the mains and the servo "

Last edited:
oh,,, that's nice could you provide me any link or info on this please "Throw in an industrial level surge protection device between the mains and the servo "
Vertex themselves would recommend a module that's appropriate if if you indicate you want surge protection. Anyway here are a few:

Vertex themselves would recommend a module that's appropriate if if you indicate you want surge protection. Anyway here are a few:
Thank you buddy, I already have these installed at my residence. Thanks again for taking time to reply me with clear pointers....

I have placed order for 3kva Vertex stablizer without EMI/RFI filters, I will be getting it in a 3-4 days time. Now I plan to connect it this way, please provide your inputs

Mains -> Surge Protection Circuit Breaker -> Vertex Stab-> Luminous UPS -> 5A socket -> Belking Surge protector -> Denon 550BT + TAGA SW 90 + SONY 55inch (all three connected to a single Belkin Strip) , Is this fine?

I went for NON EMI/RFI model as I want my entire house + devices(all those connected to my 5A sockets) to be safe guarded from this ridiculous high voltage(goes 260+). This was recommended by the Vertex Person.

Any suggestions please.
Note - I am yet to buy the Belkin Surge protector, (at Present I have a huntkey surge protector, thought of going in for something really standard like Belkin)

I have placed order for 3kva Vertex stablizer without EMI/RFI filters, I will be getting it in a 3-4 days time. Now I plan to connect it this way, please provide your inputs

Mains -> Surge Protection Circuit Breaker -> Vertex Stab-> Luminous UPS -> 5A socket -> Belking Surge protector -> Denon 550BT + TAGA SW 90 + SONY 55inch (all three connected to a single Belkin Strip) , Is this fine?

I went for NON EMI/RFI model as I want my entire house + devices(all those connected to my 5A sockets) to be safe guarded from this ridiculous high voltage(goes 260+). This was recommended by the Vertex Person.

Any suggestions please.
Note - I am yet to buy the Belkin Surge protector, (at Present I have a huntkey surge protector, thought of going in for something really standard like Belkin)

Just get rid of the surge protector. You don't need that if the Surge Protection Circuit Breaker you have in the electrical chain is better than the Belkin/Huntkey. I am not an expert but I'd guess that the chances of a surge getting through an industrial strength surge protector and the servo are rather low. Vertex would be a good source of advice based on their assessment of your current Surge Protection Circuit Breaker.

Instead of using a power strip like Belkin/Huntkey, especially if you already have surge protection and servo in the electrical chain, just get a box with switches and sockets already set in the box from your local electrical store/online, open it up, check the thickness of the wire used inside and if it is of poor quality/thickness then just buy a good quality length of 5A power cord from a store and redo the internal wiring. Take and mark out pictures of the internal wiring of the box before you start in case you need a reference. It's not too difficult to replace the wiring if you are reasonably handy with a screw driver and wire-stripper.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back