Home theater setup

Mithunlegend

Hi
my new house construction is going on its going to be completed by june of 2011,i have planned to setup a home theater system so please can u recommend me a good set of system.
my requirements are
Budget :6-8 lakhs
Room size:[width10feet,length 12feet & height 14 feet]
Music and sound requirements:
7.1 channel speakers(floorstanding, bookshelf and active or passive sub woofer ),
full hd projector and motorized screen,
3D LCD, LED or plasma television,
Blue-ray player,
av receiver,woofer amplifier if required.

waiting for ur reply guys and thanx in advance

pls someone do reply
and sorry i had mentioned wrong dimensions of the room the actual dimensions are 18X15 and height is 11 feet

You can think of Bose lIfestyle systems...they will cost you close to 3 lakh...or you can mix up an onkyo reciever TX-NR5008 -9.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Polk Audio Woofer and Speakers

Mithu:

I will list the popular products and their rough prices. I would strongly suggest you audition speakers before you make a purchase.

Though your room is of average size (10*12), you have a height which is more than usual. Since you are looking at a projector, I would suggest you install a false ceiling. The false ceiling will serve multiple purposes - it will help you carry the cables and wires, mount your projector, and also mount your screen box.

1. AV Receiver

Look at Onkyo 608 or Denon 2311. Also look at Yamaha 867. Cost - roughly 70,000.

2. Speakers

There are a number of choices available. You can look at Q-Acoustics with their 2050 floor standing as fronts. If you are looking for a little more chutzpah you can look at Martin Logan with Motion 10 as fronts. Cost - roughly 2,00,000.

Another option to look at is Wharfedale 10.6/10.7 as fronts, 10.DFS for surrounds, 10CM for centre, 10.SR for rear speakers.

Of course there are lots of other brands in the market.

3. Sub

Whichever brand of speakers you are buying, buy the sub from the same brand. Cost - roughly 50,000.

4. Projector

Optoma HD 20, or Panasonic AE4000. Both are full HD projectors. Cost - roughly 2,00,000

5. Screen

Motorised screens are available in abundance. Da-Lite make good screen and are easily available in India. A motorised screen from someone like Da-Lite will cost you roughly 1.50,000

6. Player

Instead of looking at a Blu-Ray player, look at a media player that can also play Blu-Ray discs. Also get a DVD Player such as the Pioneer 220 for playing all low costs DVDs. Media players to look for are Dune BD Prime 3.0 and Popcorn Hour with BD Player. Cost - roughly 40,000.

7. TV

Set a budget for yourself, go to a local shop, test a few screen and buy the one your eyes and ears like. Cost - roughly 1,00,000.

The total budget comes to around 8,00,000. I am sure a lot of members will come and say all my prices are wrong. But what I have done is given you a indication.

Cheers

laghusikarwar - I dont think Bose will satisfy you and am sure you can get better value for money and better quality from other products. I have read a couple threads for dedicated Home Theatre rooms. So I would suggest you try to search for such threads from search option and these may help.

at this baffling purse i suggest yu to try the emotiva umc1 and upa 7 or
and xpa 3 and a pair of upa 2

umc1 + upa 7 = 599+599

umc 1 + xpa 3 + upa2 + upa 2 '=599+529 +329+329

alll prices in dollars
they come with 5 yrs warrenty and will be great and may say will be upgradeproof for some tym...

Mithu:

I will list the popular products and their rough prices. I would strongly suggest you audition speakers before you make a purchase.

Though your room is of average size (10*12), you have a height which is more than usual. Since you are looking at a projector, I would suggest you install a false ceiling. The false ceiling will serve multiple purposes - it will help you carry the cables and wires, mount your projector, and also mount your screen box.

1. AV Receiver

Look at Onkyo 608 or Denon 2311. Also look at Yamaha 867. Cost - roughly 70,000.

2. Speakers

There are a number of choices available. You can look at Q-Acoustics with their 2050 floor standing as fronts. If you are looking for a little more chutzpah you can look at Martin Logan with Motion 10 as fronts. Cost - roughly 2,00,000.

Another option to look at is Wharfedale 10.6/10.7 as fronts, 10.DFS for surrounds, 10CM for centre, 10.SR for rear speakers.

Of course there are lots of other brands in the market.

3. Sub

Whichever brand of speakers you are buying, buy the sub from the same brand. Cost - roughly 50,000.

4. Projector

Optoma HD 20, or Panasonic AE4000. Both are full HD projectors. Cost - roughly 2,00,000

5. Screen

Motorised screens are available in abundance. Da-Lite make good screen and are easily available in India. A motorised screen from someone like Da-Lite will cost you roughly 1.50,000

6. Player

Instead of looking at a Blu-Ray player, look at a media player that can also play Blu-Ray discs. Also get a DVD Player such as the Pioneer 220 for playing all low costs DVDs. Media players to look for are Dune BD Prime 3.0 and Popcorn Hour with BD Player. Cost - roughly 40,000.

7. TV

Set a budget for yourself, go to a local shop, test a few screen and buy the one your eyes and ears like. Cost - roughly 1,00,000.

The total budget comes to around 8,00,000. I am sure a lot of members will come and say all my prices are wrong. But what I have done is given you a indication.

Cheers

very nice job.

Hi,

I would recommend Onkyo or Marantz, Yamaha AVRs over Denon, based on my experiences with 1910 and 2310.

In my opinion, the best solution for handling BD stuff is to go for an HTPC with BD capabilities, which will give more solutions, of course for a higher price, but it has a combination of ripping device, storage unit, and acts as a BD player and media player. A NAS combined with HTPC will make the digital life a lot easier!

A dedicated BD player is for those who are suffering from acute on chronic upgraditis, and they can keep upgrading their players.

Cheers!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back