How to stream apple music from Android phone to Marantz 7000N amp?

Venkyrenga

The Spotify connect works perfectly fine but I do not know how to stream apple music from Android on my Marantz. I tried air music but I am unable to root. Any help is highly appreciated.

- Air music does not need root if you have Android 10 or above.
- I use Google Chromecast audio for streaming to the 7000N from all Android apps , including Apple music

Is that an app in Play Store? I can't seem to find it?
You marantz needs to support Chromecast. Android will pick it up on its own. You will get the option within your Apple Music app if it finds a Chromecast enabled receiving device.

MaSh

From my apple music I do not see a cast option.
Most likely your Marantz doesn't support cast or your android and marantz are not on the same network. Just run youtube on your android device and check if you see any cast icon somewhere on top right. See this image (3rd last icon). If you can see this icon on youtube, you should be able to see the same on apple music. Earlier version of apple music didn't support cast. So check if you have the last version installed. If you click that icon on youtube music you should see all devices supporting google cast. So check if the cast icon on youtube shows your marantz. If it shows up, then there is no issue with your marantz receiver.

AJFCJaVgWXEil1DhlL5dcdG8kXxhMMQJAz4hPce-wFUK3ZuhvJE027atJ5MP08vOPkJCIjKi7NuHCkNLiHYz-MtOiefiVySdKAJ4PedGtSpW0llMPzoeEjre5488cGBLlUL6y-lfSZ_Qc1BqxHkMuOjMnhkHEDUxoHBonN25pjbWC3Mk7Fkxiq7ID64yY2EmaTH0CO0WUYQWAdFu75GX1Oc09Hyzo4mSzn8GPNg2Q4aXkn8Mde5I5SzONY-BgexCrB4pDbQlj3P5Qz1s1OZX5ielP0dw7YBzrh-zwgWOpu3ObclpqklPHGh-JMrFN2gNJE3UL9WdYyeyGdGPq71GjJ3z6fQdDug5FIvOYMVsrShyBHQF15boBr25UKCr24xRnJv-jcz2t58Bmsyl1x0QZkUX9wxX3vYHj021lzSC4NahZ7n9Dq822Ga6Heib0K4RN-tNLl6-L9h2fLwt2jAinGDtEu54mbKPPB27bwi6GS7QpiQI_N0Y_UHFu4PphRCYpc9od0IYuwxdKIDyLczyLjoq5Rn0QLd9YV77J-N1mAejj_SwtncZD1vp1mf4nCvGkhced13skR7v-_JrBc5WwOR0iC8kz6g5Iq71p1BqacL3Qx8OrLZKjPpXoGgwcTfDBf86Yh5wvYJTzsZpPiHuK5iNHA0FKFBpF_qPiXGTZpHV6E_S-gp4nX9lESZnziQc8AmkVcJxW5C94xbf90BePwbQd6XLim4NSW2r0YIOl-bw7wu1wobpXTdsIjCkhEq3SDMXxBZ84KPkboMvPBIlY81SLftvpygseNwm2Rt39M0JgqC-_A1QomXCG1ORgTQijhuZ-UHXepIAjOZ4foAQ0aaGU1wSeMQKHzpd2MM-k2qZlsRqVuJ0ASTQSh_UD08bqHd6KGyZMTR_NrIcKGFn6m2wQQ=w924-h520-s-no

AFAIK, Marantz doesn't have native Chromecast video or audio support. You need to add a Chromecast to have that. You can play Amazon music and Spotify via Heos.

Is that an app in Play Store? I can't seem to find it?
Sorry, should have clarified. No, it's not an app, it was a USD 20 device which could transform a regular setup into a streaming capable setup with no fuss

So obviously , Google went ahead and killed it thereby opening up the possibility of licensing the technology to audio manufacturers to bundle into USD 2000 devices ,😭

You can still get it second hand (as i did, from this forum).

I recommend it as the 7000N is not chromecast ready. However it does have Airplay, so you could consider using Apple music from an Apple device instead of an android device

Sorry, should have clarified. No, it's not an app, it was a USD 20 device which could transform a regular setup into a streaming capable setup with no fuss

So obviously , Google went ahead and killed it thereby opening up the possibility of licensing the technology to audio manufacturers to bundle into USD 2000 devices ,😭

I recommend it as the 7000N is not chromecast ready. However it does have Airplay, so you could consider using Apple music from an Apple device instead of an android device
Good One Sir :)

How do you connect chromecast to 7000n? I believe it only has a HDMI connector.

This is the very reason that I now use only Spotify :) .
The Spotify Connect feature is just too convenient.

I struggled with this too.
I was streaming via the iTunes app on my Windows PC using Airplay, to my Marantz PM7000N.
Then I upgraded to the new Apple Music App for Windows, and voila - no more Airplay.
Reverting to iTunes is too complicated.

So like I said, I use Spotify.
Have let mey Apple music subscription lapse.

I have attached the screenshots of my airplay app.
Screenshots show the settings tab. Please show the screenshots of the 'receivers' tab. Attaching screenshots from my app. The first one shows all devices available, second one shows the Marantz as selected (in green). At this stage, I can can cast from any Android app, including apple music

Have you downloaded the Heos app and paired your 7000n with it ? Do that first if not already done

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230519-224258-468.png
    Screenshot_20230519-224258-468.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230519-224325-867.png
    Screenshot_20230519-224325-867.png
    78 KB · Views: 8
Screenshots show the settings tab. Please show the screenshots of the 'receivers' tab. Attaching screenshots from my app. The first one shows all devices available, second one shows the Marantz as selected (in green). At this stage, I can can cast from any Android app, including apple music

Have you downloaded the Heos app and paired your 7000n with it ? Do that first if not already done
I got it working. Thanks for your help. So is this lossless transmission like the Heos?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back