It has BEGUN!!! It is ALIIIVVEEE!!!

rud3dawg

Hi everyone,
First of all I would like to thank all of you for being supportive and guiding me whenever you can.

My first Component Audi system build has begun taking shape:

Setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A2000
Speakers: Klipsch RF-82
Cable: Pro-FX OFC

You can check out the pics @ www.photobucket.com/mymuzkmonstar

I am using the Pro FX OFC cable for the floor standers & an MX 3mts TOSLink cable to connect my TV to the AVR & an MX-3 Mts HDMI cable.. any suggestions please let me know..

As of now I have not connected the Tatasky HD + to the TV cuz the HDMi cable that the TATASKY people provided with the DVR sucks. I am planning to get 2 more HDMIs by MX(GOLD plated ones make some difference huh!!!).

:sos:I would really appreciate some guidance for the immediate steps that I have to take and also please shine some light on my randomness like
1. Can I connect & use a Sony Center Channel speaker approx 35 w 3 ohms imp to the receiver and not damage anything ?
2. I am seriously considering an inverter seeing the frequent, fervent and frivolous powercuts we are facing here.. :sad:

P.S: Contrary to popular belief ;) Yamaha+ Klipsch is not so bright!! very Natural :)) :signthankspin:

hey rud3dawg,

congrats! Glad you are enjoying the Klipsch/Yamaha combo.
You were to go for the A810? Upgraded? :lol:

ENJOY

:)

Congrats on new set up. Enjoy! Avoid connecting 3ohm speakers to Receiver. It may heat up too much at high volumes. Some amps take load of 4ohm speakers. My Yamaha had 'minimum 6ohm' printed near speaker terninals. Check the manual.

hey rud3dawg,

congrats! Glad you are enjoying the Klipsch/Yamaha combo.
You were to go for the A810? Upgraded? :lol:

ENJOY

:)

Ahhh.. the tales behind theupgrade!!! It all sarted with a RX-v471 moved on to 573 ---> RX-A710 for network features ----> RX-A810 to A2000 .. one leap after another for so many reasons and I assure you this craving/hunger is like a monster with an abyss for appetite.

Congrats on new set up. Enjoy! Avoid connecting 3ohm speakers to Receiver. It may heat up too much at high volumes. Some amps take load of 4ohm speakers. My Yamaha had 'minimum 6ohm' printed near speaker terninals. Check the manual.

thanks for the info buddy... right now.. am trying to get a hard copy made of the manual and will definitively be using it as bedtime read!!!

Last edited:
One of the best looking AVRs I have seen ....... :cool:

heY .. thanks Avdyarthy .. this compliment comming from you .. I mean one of the HifiVision DIY pros... means alot... :eek:hyeah: Although its just the looks that you've complimented...hoping you ll visit the links to watch my generic vdo and like the sound too :)

Hope I ll get more advice from you and the other gurus!!

HEyyyyyyyyyyyy .... I am NOT a DIYer .. where did you see any of my efforts here ... neither am I an audio guru .... loolololol ...ROFL .. still can't stop laughing.

Yes, I take some blind risks .... and write about the experiences .... thats about all!

HEyyyyyyyyyyyy .... I am NOT a DIYer .. where did you see any of my efforts here ... neither am I an audio guru .... loolololol ...ROFL .. still can't stop laughing.

Yes, I take some blind risks .... and write about the experiences .... thats about all!

Well in that case I see that you are highly appreciated :) hope that gives you a heart's content... also wonder who is denom talking about:p in the thread " An evening spent 'tweaking' Avidyarthy's ATL Speakers "

hmm about risks.. Oh yeah I did notice .. and If you have noticed in my setup as a noob I am a total risk taker too :D

Last edited:
rud3dawg not sure what kind of music you listen to but Im sure what ever you play would sound good as you have taken the pains of walking the whole 9 yards (auditions) and have settled for a system which sounds good to your ears. So just enjoy :)

Last edited:
Hahahah touche!!! olly42 my man!!! hope to hear more good things from you~~~!!!

P.S: just wanted to know ... whats your opinion about the cable ???

Hahahah touche!!! olly42 my man!!! hope to hear more good things from you~~~!!!

P.S: just wanted to know ... whats your opinion about the cable ???

rud3dawg.. Cables are good coincidentally i am using the same combo. In my opinion MX makes pretty decent stuff and it works just fine. Picked up connects and banana plugs from MX

rud3dawg.. Cables are good coincidentally i am using the same combo. In my opinion MX makes pretty decent stuff and it works just fine. Picked up connects and banana plugs from MX

Wanted to ask .. is it wise to connect using banana plugs or directly using a wire.. ??? hmm good to see that you approve of MX branded cables.. but what of PRO FX ???:confused:

It works both ways but I prefer to use Plugs. Pro FX cables are good but I really havent reached the stage where I am able to identify a huge difference with expensive cables. Though I hear the experts speaking about it all the time. I am still learning and the equipment I have is average as compared to what many FM's have.

It works both ways but I prefer to use Plugs. Pro FX cables are good but I really havent reached the stage where I am able to identify a huge difference with expensive cables. Though I hear the experts speaking about it all the time. I am still learning and the equipment I have is average as compared to what many FM's have.

hmmm ok... great.. So I got a good deal then :)....

btw.. do you have any idea about center speakers selection to pair with a set of floorstanders ???

Congrats... Great AVR and speakers !! Aventage is just superb line of AVRS... From here did u source yr A2000 and how much did it cost ? is it 110 v or 220

Congrats... Great AVR and speakers !! Aventage is just superb line of AVRS... From here did u source yr A2000 and how much did it cost ? is it 110 v or 220

Thanks Yahoo0212 ... Well I was able to get my hands on it from Avenue sounds Mumbai..its a 110v one...and I m using a 2Kva Stepdown for it.. :) costed me around 75k

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back