Jan 2013 Delhi/Gurgaon NCR Audiophile Meet

Aww shame, but thanks for letting us know Gvenu!

:( Even i would not be able to join...sorry for last minute information....due to some family emergency I will have to travel to jaipur.

Core...I will leave my Marantz and Quad at you place today. Please pm me your no and availabily.

Sorry again :(

Last edited:
:( Even i would not be able to join...sorry for last minute information....due to some family emergency I will have to travel to jaipur.

Core...I will leave my Marantz and Quad at you place today. Please pm me your no and availabily.

Sorry again :(

Prashanth, hope everything is alright! We are soory to know that, you are not attending.

corElement

My Kashmir trip was abandoned because the flight was cancelled because of bad weather. Instead we came to Bharatpur. I had booked train tickets to reach Delhi in time to participate in the meet. But my wife and daughter want to spend the extra day in Bharatpur instead so I won't be able to make it. I was really looking forward to meeting all the folks there.

My best wishes to all the guys and girls? who are attending the meet. I am sure it will be a smashing success. More power to audiophilia and hifivision!

corElement

My Kashmir trip was abandoned because the flight was cancelled because of bad weather. Instead we came to Bharatpur. I had booked train tickets to reach Delhi in time to participate in the meet. But my wife and daughter want to spend the extra day in Bharatpur instead so I won't be able to make it. I was really looking forward to meeting all the folks there.

My best wishes to all the guys and girls? who are attending the meet. I am sure it will be a smashing success. More power to audiophilia and hifivision!

No problem dude :) You had already told us before you weren't fully sure, so no problem :)

Here's an updated Guest list. Please say if I've forgotten to add you.

1 Your's truly (100%) - Jamo concert 8 + Cambridge Audio Azur 840a
2 Avidyarthy (100%) - Krell 400xi
3 rana_kirti (100%)
4 vishug (100%)
5 Dillihifi (100%)
6 Heliumflight (100%?) - Wharfedale Denton 80th
7 aashish351 (100%) - Exposure 2010S2
8 pranavkumar(100%) - DIY Transmission Floorstander
9 Subho (100%) - Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga DAC
10 danccc (100%)
11 psoonee (100%)
12 thebanik (100%)
13 Viren007 (100%)
14 ranjeetrain (100%) - Odyssey Stratos
15 Mukti1684 (100%)
16 push (100%)
17 Virenbakshi (100%) - Lyrita Horne Grande + GM70 integrated + Lyrita Cables & IC
18 cybervinay (100%) - Asus Xonar Essence one DAC
19 R Narayanan (Will drop in around lunch time with Sandeep Malik who is a distributer for Tannoy in Delhi)
20 Sid Trehan (Will drop in around lunch time)
21 technobhatt (100%)
22 hopefloats (?)
23 nicenicenicee (100%)
24 tiger0691 (100%)
25 ANM (100%)
26 Dr Garg (?%)
27 Ashish from Lakozy (Sponsor) - NAD M51 DD Dac + Naim Nait 5i integrated + PSB Image B6 + Supra IC + cables
28 sid.india (100%)
29 kooldeep (100%)
30 Panditji / Rahul (100%) - Harbeth compact 7es-3
31 vinshar (100%)
32 novice-akki (100%)
33 ketansethi1987 (100%)
34 Nirav(NEO) - Driving over from mumbai (100%)
35 Jignesh from absolutesound.in - Driving over from mumbai (100%) - Lead audio DAC/amplifier + Amphion Helium 410
36 Khusrau - Driving over from mumbai (100%) - Belcanto C5i DAC/AMP + PMC DB1S + Transparent music link
37 Denny From Bass & Treble - Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
38 tush9876 (100%)

Last edited:
May I suggest something now, which would anyway happen during the listening time? Should be prepared for it, IMO.

I see, Core has planned for long drawn out 'multiple' hearing sessions with one set of components ... going up to 40-50 minutes each. I would suggest, since most of the speakers are BS, they be kept ready (with cables connected) on one side, and be tried out individually with the online source-amplification. Lets say, 15 minutes of playing session each speaker. All one would be required to co-ordinate is disconnect/connect the speaker cables to the amp in 'playing'.

Why this came to my mind is SOME speakers would invariably sound dead and uninteresting in the said environment ... either due to amp mismatch or the area acoustics. People would have lived with and experimented on 'exact' speaker placement and doing-up their listening room for 'results' would immediately get as to what I am pointing to. This way, at least we would be in a position to hear to the 'right sounds' quickly without getting burdened to listen to the difficult ones over full durations.

Since we are in quite a number, let ONE or maximum TWO persons decide as to what should play and for how long. There is no point taking everyone's opinion in the room. It would add to utter confusion and 'subdued' disagreements. In the end, whatever is sounding great can be replayed for long .....

Two things that NEED to be adhered to ... a blunt request to all ......

1) No mobile phones. Means, put it on silent mode and please move out of the room in case receiving or making calls ... period!

2) Once the music session starts ... no cross-talks PLEASE! No introductions etc ... no discussing what you own or what you used to own! Keep this talks for ... either before the start of the program or during the lunch interval or after the session ends.

Many of the people attending would be more interested to know WHAT & HOW hi-fi systems sound. Lets make such an environment where it is easily possible.

I just got word from Malvai that his mother is in the hospital and he won't be able to make it. So I'm going to adjust the spreadsheet accordingly.

May I suggest something now, which would anyway happen during the listening time? Should be prepared for it, IMO.

I see, Core has planned for long drawn out 'multiple' hearing sessions with one set of components ... going up to 40-50 minutes each. I would suggest, since most of the speakers are BS, they be kept ready (with cables connected) on one side, and be tried out individually with the online source-amplification. Lets say, 15 minutes of playing session each speaker. All one would be required to co-ordinate is disconnect/connect the speaker cables to the amp in 'playing'.

Why this came to my mind is SOME speakers would invariably sound dead and uninteresting in the said environment ... either due to amp mismatch or the area acoustics. People would have lived with and experimented on 'exact' speaker placement and doing-up their listening room for 'results' would immediately get as to what I am pointing to. This way, at least we would be in a position to hear to the 'right sounds' quickly without getting burdened to listen to the difficult ones over full durations.

The spreadsheet is just to give some idea of how the day will flow. We're not gonna abide by it strictly, so yes, plan is to have the amps all in one spot and swap them during the assigned slot.

Since we are in quite a number, let ONE or maximum TWO persons decide as to what should play and for how long. There is no point taking everyone's opinion in the room. It would add to utter confusion and 'subdued' disagreements. In the end, whatever is sounding great can be replayed for long .....

I agree, I vote for ranjeetrain since he's had a lot of exposure to high end recently in china and has tracks he's familiar with to demonstrate.

Two things that NEED to be adhered to ... a blunt request to all ......

1) No mobile phones. Means, put it on silent mode and please move out of the room in case receiving or making calls ... period!

2) Once the music session starts ... no cross-talks PLEASE! No introductions etc ... no discussing what you own or what you used to own! Keep this talks for ... either before the start of the program or during the lunch interval or after the session ends.

Many of the people attending would be more interested to know WHAT & HOW hi-fi systems sound. Lets make such an environment where it is easily possible.

Yes, completely agreed.

been on hfv after a long, long time. got to kno of this plan/thread from sid (on fb). went thru the posts and seems an interesting build-up, painstakingly thought out and put together; something not to b missed. trust i can safely join in pl.?

hav time and commitment constraints so not certain on the car pool option.

also, kamalji too wanted to join in. issue is transport. he can join me on the way in. however, since my time to leave is open ended, he wants to return by or before lunch. anyone planning so from south delhi, pl. advise so i pass this onto him?

thanx!

i can get software (kalpana zokarkar, sheffield lab 'drum & track', some of ajayji's western classical suggestions, etc.).

been on hfv after a long, long time. got to kno of this plan/thread from sid (on fb). went thru the posts and seems an interesting build-up, painstakingly thought out and put together; something not to b missed. trust i can safely join in pl.?

hav time and commitment constraints so not certain on the car pool option.

also, kamalji too wanted to join in. issue is transport. he can join me on the way in. however, since my time to leave is open ended, he wants to return by or before lunch. anyone planning so from south delhi, pl. advise so i pass this onto him?

thanx!

i can get software (kalpana zokarkar, sheffield lab 'drum & track', some of ajayji's western classical suggestions, etc.).

Hi hifiashok, yes ofcourse you two can join in, all the details are on page 21 :)

Don't worry about getting stuff, we're already pretty loaded. :)

Excellent suggestions by Avidyarthy! Specially about cellphones. If someone has to take an urgent call, he should at least walk out of the room to take the call and not disturb everyone. Hope this will be taken by everyone in the right spirit.

About the stuff I promised to bring, sorry, I need to walk one step back. Odyssey can't attend. Rest of the stuff will be there. Audio Note IC, Transparent MusicLink Super IC, and Tara Labs speaker cable. If needed they can be used, if not, no worries.

All the software I have, I have in a HDD. My bad, I forgot to get the SATA-to-USB cable. So someone please get a SATA-TO-USB cable.

If not, no worries. I will have to instead bring my digital transport my tiny-winy-cutie Sony laptop. Will necessiate carrying a backpack but no big deal, I'll do that.

Hope Kamalji can make it. An excellent person to talk about music.

Last edited:
We HAVE, a NAD M2 PEOPLE! Top of the line class D!

5.jpg

Excellent suggestions by Avidyarthy! Specially about cellphones. If someone has to take an urgent call, he should at least walk out of the room to take the call and not disturb everyone. Hope this will be taken by everyone in the right spirit.

About the stuff I promised to bring, sorry, I need to walk one step back. Odyssey can't attend. Rest of the stuff will be there. Audio Note IC, Transparent MusicLink Super IC, and Tara Labs speaker cable. If needed they can't be used, if not, no worries.

All the software I have, I have in a HDD. My bad, I forgot to get the SATA-to-USB cable. So someone please get a SATA-TO-USB cable.

If not, no worries. I will have to instead bring my digital transport my tiny-winy-cutie Sony laptop. Will necessiate carrying a backpack but no big deal, I'll do that.

No problem about the stratos :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back