Jan 2013 Delhi/Gurgaon NCR Audiophile Meet

corElement

It has been many moons (almost 2 years) since the north has had a meet!

So I'm putting together a meet on Jan 13 2013 at BPTP Freedom park, Gurgaon.
I can get us access to the following clubhouse of 650 sq.ft within the complex.

Rent for 1 day is Rs. 2400. I am looking into getting the rent and food sponsored by a dealer but but if it doesn't work out, we'll be having an avg cost per head.

700XA.jpg

b2X8o.jpg

AT5wQ.jpg

I'm keeping a cut off of 40 people, give or take 5 people.

The floor is marble however the walls and ceiling are wood and fabric.

Primary focus will be Stereo Hi-fi but, if someone wants to bring HT gear it should be fine too (If they can manage to get it that is)

I have invited Mod Malvai to grace the event with his presence (And gear) as well :)

We will also have Dr. Sanjeev Garg as an honoured guest who will share with us, his experiences.

I need volunteers who can assist with gear / co-ordination.

If you want to participate and/or have gear and/or wish to sponsor please confirm below.

1 Your's truly (sponsor): My setup in signature
2 Avidyarthy : Topping and possibly his krell 400xi
3 Kartick
4 Malvai (sponsor) : dac, phono and turntable ( I dont have the exact models yet )
5 Dillihifi
6 Heliumflight : (Unwell, and requires assistance / someone to pick him up and to bring over gear) Marantz pm6100sa & sm6100sa, Whaferdale Denton 80th Anniversary Ltd. Edt. Vintage B&W DM4
7 aashish351
8 pranavkumar (sponsor) : Tube Pre and DIY Transmission line floorstanders
9 Subho
10 prash2k01 (sponsor) : Quad 11L and Marantz pm 8003
11 psoonee (sponsor)
12 thebanik (sponsor)
13 sam9s
14 ranjeetrain (sponsor) :
15 Mukti1684 (sponsor)
16 push
17 Virenbakshi
18 Waiting confirmation from cybervinay
19 Waiting confirmation from Panditji
20 Sid Trehan
Cheers.

Last edited:
Interested in joining though I guess cannot bring my low/mid end setup of pioneer 1021 and quad lite.

Will join if its anytime from 1-6 Jan 13.

Intend on getting the event started as early as possible say 9am with preps and started off by 10, so yes it'll easily be between 1-6 :)

I;m in, not sure what i can contribute in terms of gear, but ready to chip in for the space.

Thanks psoonee, im updating the list.

Good initiative Corr, especially for new music lovers.

If anyone is coming from East Delhi, I can come along with my gear.

• Marantz pm6100sa & sm6100sa
  • Whaferdale Denton 80th Anniversary Ltd. Edt.
  • Vintage B&W DM4

helium
HiFi I - CA 640c V2 + Sansui AU-317 + Vintage B&W DM4 + Pure Silver cables
HiFi II - SB Classic + MARANTZ PM6100SA & SM6100SA + Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE + Lyrita IC & Speaker cables

Sure, please do.

I am not in town, but flying in Next month. As a matter of chance dates are coinciding too. So, all is good.

If a more central location can be chosen, that will be great, as most people will come from Delhi. They will spend a good time traveling if they are coming from west/east/north Delhi.

In any case, I'm happy to sponsor. Just give me instructions what needs to be done.

I will definitely bring some gear. What I will bring depends on what is left with me after the sale I have put on.

Sure, please do.

I am not in town, but flying in Next month. As a matter of chance dates are coinciding too. So, all is good.

If a more central location can be chosen, that will be great, as most people will come from Delhi. They will spend a good time traveling if they are coming from west/east/north Delhi.

In any case, I'm happy to sponsor. Just give me instructions what needs to be done.

I will definitely bring some gear. What I will bring depends on what is left with me after the sale I have put on.

done,

I'm glad the date is matching up with others, I actually put in a bit of thought when I selecting the date. =)

Yeah the location is a pinch but don't worry. The last one was held in gurgaon too :)

As for sponsor. I'll let you know thank you :)

It has been many moons (almost 2 years) since the north has had a meet!
I propose we have a meet on Jan 13 2013 and start the new year with a bang!

I can get us access to the following clubhouse of 650 sq.ft within the complex I live in.
It's at Sector-57 Gurgaon and for 1 day, rent is Rs. 2400 (I am looking into how to finance this, but worst comes to worst it's dirt cheap if shared between multiple people. I suppose we can call them sponsors :p please post below saying you'd be ok with being one if, in case we had to go ahead with this option)

It can accommodate up to 50 people comfortably.

Primary focus can be Stereo Hi-fi but if someone wants to bring HT gear it should be fine too (If they can manage to get it that is)
If you want to participate and/or have gear please confirm below.
Dealers/distributors can be invited to join is & give demo of any gear they want.

I have invited Super Mod Malvai to grace the event with his presence (And gear) as well :)

Awaiting responses from all members interested in joining/organizing DELHI NCR MEET!!! I cannot do this alone. I need help.

I need volunteers who can assist with gear / co-ordination. I NEED YOUR INPUTS. I have never organised something like this before but I know we can make it work!

I've taken the liberty of assuming the following people will attend. I need more names and their gear. Post on here, or pm me with name and gear, confirm ASAP whoever wants to attend!

Cheers.

Best wishes for doing the needful. Hope it is a success. BTW, did not know that Manav has become SUPER MOD :rolleyes:
Only instance he can become is if he has bought HFV :cool:

Here are a few suggestions from the top of the mind.

1. Based on the number of people signed up, the way the gear will be organized will have to change.
  2. The space indicated above is pretty large. It will accommodate a lot of people. However, I am not sure how acoustically fit it could be. If we get echos due to the large size of the hall, it will kill everything.
  3. If any FM has a contact in MCD, we can try to get any school on a weekend day. Free or at some cost is something that will depend on the "contact".
  4. As the number of people signed up and gear available for the meet becomes clear, we need to draw clear goals with gear and objectives clearly spelled out.
  5. If the number of gear and size of the crows demands, we should be prepared to have more than one listening room. It will help in many ways.
    • It will allow people to go to the room with the kind of gear they are interested in.
    • It will allow people to go to the room with the kind of music they like.
    • It will allow people to go to the room with the objective they are looking at from the meet.
    • It will allow for an overall better organization. Each room can have one person in-charge of the proceedings. That will make the organizing team breath easy.

For example: some people might be specifically interested in listening to tube gear. Some might be interested in a cable rolling session. Some might be interested in using an AVR for music. Having multiple room will have tremendous benefits. But that of course depends on the number of people signed up and amount of gear available.
I will add more later.

I also have some ideas for topics/objectives we can look at from the meet. But I'd prefer to wait for others to come up with them and see what people want.

I would suggest only Hifi 2 channel stereo Audiophile Meet.

Second that ....

We do have to invite over Virenji and possibly a couple to retailers too ... Lakozy ... Denny ... and the likes.

My apologies, I might not be able to 'help out' with tit-bits in January. Too much of office action lined up that month! :sad:, but, would attend for sure.

Here are a few suggestions from the top of the mind.

1. Based on the number of people signed up, the way the gear will be organized will have to change. -

1. Yep I agree, just waiting for more people to sign up.

[*]The space indicated above is pretty large. It will accommodate a lot of people. However, I am not sure how acoustically fit it could be. If we get echos due to the large size of the hall, it will kill everything.

Luckily the walls and ceiling are false / wooden panel and there's cloth lining on the walls, so should be considerably less reflective than a typical exposed wall room. but yes, I have that concern as well. Will have to see how things go.

[*]If any FM has a contact in MCD, we can try to get any school on a weekend day. Free or at some cost is something that will depend on the "contact".

:p

[*]As the number of people signed up and gear available for the meet becomes clear, we need to draw clear goals with gear and objectives clearly spelled out.

agreed

[*]If the number of gear and size of the crows demands, we should be prepared to have more than one listening room. It will help in many ways.

• It will allow people to go to the room with the kind of gear they are interested in.
    • It will allow people to go to the room with the kind of music they like.
    • It will allow people to go to the room with the objective they are looking at from the meet.
    • It will allow for an overall better organization. Each room can have one person in-charge of the proceedings. That will make the organizing team breath easy.

There is actually another room beside this one but it's got a TT table in it, if it comes to it, I can request it be moved out. I don't know if they'll agree, but lets see. Like you said, depends on number of people.

I would suggest only Hifi 2 channel stereo Audiophile Meet.

Second that ....

We do have to invite over Virenji and possibly a couple to retailers too ... Lakozy ... Denny ... and the likes.

My apologies, I might not be able to 'help out' with tit-bits in January. Too much of office action lined up that month! :sad:, but, would attend for sure.

That's the idea, but I don't want to tell someone "no" to something if they're looking for feedback on something like a budget avr's stereo performance. If you know what I mean.

Also yes, need to inform virenji.

I am in with Quad 11l2 and Marantz 8003....plz remove that ? mark :)

Done!

-------------------

I need some suggestions on who/how the music selection will be managed.

Denom might have some good suggestions here.

I need some suggestions on who/how the music selection will be managed.

Lets have 4 categories.

(1) Indian Classical
(2) Indian Popular
(3) Western Classical
(4) Western Popular

Under all these categories, we can invite suggestions. This should not be so difficult. Everyone who has a suggestion is welcome to suggest. However, the person suggesting should also be able to bring the same (if no one else is already bringing it).

Also, the minimum acceptable resolution should be 16/44.1. No MP3s please (Unless it becomes one of the objectives).

wish you good luck with this meet.

My thinking is that instead of separate rooms with separate setups which will split the crowd.. its better to be in 1 room.. all setups.. listen music.. have fun..

management of 1 room will be better than management of separate rooms.

I might attend if i can line up some work delhi side during those days and take a day off for this meet.

Not certain but am a fence sitter now

:))

mpw

My thinking is that instead of separate rooms with separate setups which will split the crowd.. its better to be in 1 room.. all setups.. listen music.. have fun..

The whole problem is that as the number of people in one room goes over say 10, it becomes hard to "listen to music" :eek:

Also, in one area only one system can be played at a time. Not sure if it will be worth the day's work to just have one system playing at one point in time. Considering that there might be dealers invited, the number of gear available will be too many to listen to them one-by-one.

My two rupees worth. Let's wait to hear from others.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back