Jan 2013 Delhi/Gurgaon NCR Audiophile Meet

I have a lot of FLAC and Hi rez (24/88.2, 24/96 & 24/192)! will be getting my HDD + DAC + Lappie + Cables (RCA/Balanced/Speaker cables) + TT & Phono (both the Nighthawk as well as the Monk Audio)!

Would their be data sharing as well???? :p. I would so like to have flacs of some indian classical music

Edit : I guess most of us in this hobby are working people who can easily pitch in for any cost incurred on location and miscellaneous. In other words count me in atleast for sharing the cost of the room etc.

Last edited:
Would their be data sharing as well???? :p. I would so like to have flacs of some indian classical music

Edit : I guess most of us in this hobby are working people who can easily pitch in for any cost incurred on location and miscellaneous. In other words count me in atleast for sharing the cost of the room etc.

i second that completely. let us share the expenses incurred in organising this wonderful meet.
Cheers

I will be attending the event. I do not think I can bring any equipment lets see how this develops

i second that completely. let us share the expenses incurred in organising this wonderful meet.
Cheers

Hey Cor ... Does this mean sponsoring????????!

I always thought that who-so-ever is participating has to pay the averaged out cost per head, isn't so? Or is it that some benevolent soul is footing all the bill. I ADORE such people ... :p.

Anyway, better to follow the method adopted for such meets .. ie. everyone pays for his averaged out share of the total cost.

ALSO ... since there is a good following of TL speakers in Delhi (unlike Mumbai/Pune .. ;):p) would be worthwhile to invite Hari Iyer too. He had plans to visit Delhi to 'tune' my speakers further, which I had shot down (am totally happy with what I am hearing). Let him try and exhibit his BS as a marketing effort at least! All manufacturers have to spend money initially to make 'any' new product a runaway success. It is JUST not possible to carry his FS from my home to the venue. Too many logistic complications.

Timing can't be perfect then this ...
Me and my friend both are moving in new houses and planning to build HTR.
It would be perfect to meet and learn from you folks ...
Count me in!!

Have always been a AVR/HT guy so waiting eagerly to see the capability of Marantz 8003 and Quad 11l. Hoping for a good learning and meeting experience, :D

Hey Cor ... Does this mean sponsoring????????!

I always thought that who-so-ever is participating has to pay the averaged out cost per head, isn't so? Or is it that some benevolent soul is footing all the bill. I ADORE such people ... :p.

Anyway, better to follow the method adopted for such meets .. ie. everyone pays for his averaged out share of the total cost.

ALSO ... since there is a good following of TL speakers in Delhi (unlike Mumbai/Pune .. ;):p) would be worthwhile to invite Hari Iyer too. He had plans to visit Delhi to 'tune' my speakers further, which I had shot down (am totally happy with what I am hearing). Let him try and exhibit his BS as a marketing effort at least! All manufacturers have to spend money initially to make 'any' new product a runaway success. It is JUST not possible to carry his FS from my home to the venue. Too many logistic complications.

I'm going to first try and see if I can get a couple of dealers to sponsor us so we don't have to pay anything. I need to look into this so need some time.

But if this doesn't work out, I'll have to ask people who are participating to pay an average cost per head. I was initially yesterday hoping that about 10 people of us could just chip in and manage rent, food & drink, but I don't think it will workout if we get more people who want to come. Just give me a little time to figure the monetary side of things. Will get back.

I think that's a good idea, Hari should bring over his bookshelf. And it's still a month away, tickets should still be okish for him.

Hi corElement,

Good to see you taking the initiative on this!

I would like to attend too, and contribute in any way I can. A suggestion - for the listening sessions, try and put together 2 or 3 diverse systems, so that the listeners can experience different technologies. That's far more meaningful, than just, say, substituting amplifiers or speakers. Also, listening fatigue does set in over too many changes.

Regards,
Viren

Hi corElement,

Good to see you taking the initiative on this!

I would like to attend too, and contribute in any way I can. A suggestion - for the listening sessions, try and put together 2 or 3 diverse systems, so that the listeners can experience different technologies. That's far more meaningful, than just, say, substituting amplifiers or speakers. Also, listening fatigue does set in over too many changes.

Regards,
Viren

Hello! Thank you :)

We would be honoured to have you among us :) Please do attend.
I believe we are now heading towards a fixed average fee per head instead of random individuals contributing.

It should make things easier.

I hope we are able to put together multiple setups. There is room, just a matter of setting it up and having the gear.

BTW is there any possibility of bringing along a GM70 based amp with you :) I'm sure it would bust a lost of myths people have and expose those who have never heard a Class A tube amp before to what they sound like. But they're quite heavy and I don't want anyone to risk injury getting gear! :sad:

Hi,
Am new to this forum and found this interesting. Would like to attend this gathering. Any formalities for enrollment / registration ?

Manoj

Hi,
Am new to this forum and found this interesting. Would like to attend this gathering. Any formalities for enrollment / registration ?

Manoj

Yes, we require your SOUL as payment! :cool: :p

Theres no formal registration, since you're interested and posted in this thread, consider yourself accounted for :)

You should post around on the forum 1st so people get to know a bit.

I would be joining and can bring some of my gear.
I definitely want people to hear the bottle head gear that I have

I can also bring in the Asus xonar essence one external sound card DAC to compare with the high end DACs

-Vinay Arora

Hello CorElement... I also would like to join the meet :)
I am no audiophile, however have been on this forum since last few months and gradually learning. I have no gears to bring up to the meet, but have a strong desire to have my own decent stereo setup one day.
This could be my chance to listen HiFi audio gears with a bunch of knowledgeable HFV guys. and please count me for sharing the cost of the room etc. whatever ! I'm intensely curious to join the meet. Let me know if I am eligible.

Does anyone have a 1kva UPS they can bring? The venue has power backup but when there are power cuts, the power goes for 5-10 seconds. Will be annoying at times.

Last edited:
I would be joining and can bring some of my gear.
I definitely want people to hear the bottle head gear that I have

I can also bring in the Asus xonar essence one external sound card DAC to compare with the high end DACs

-Vinay Arora

Awesome! Just pm me the model numbers of the items Vinay

Hello CorElement... I also would like to join the meet :)
I am no audiophile, however have been on this forum since last few months and gradually learning. I have no gears to bring up to the meet, but have a strong desire to have my own decent stereo setup one day.
This could be my chance to listen HiFi audio gears with a bunch of knowledgeable HFV guys. and please count me for sharing the cost of the room etc. whatever ! I'm intensely curious to join the meet. Let me know if I am eligible.

You must traverse mount audiorest before you can be eligible my friend! I'm also kidding. Ofc you're eligible. Jan 13th it is :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back