Jan 2013 Delhi/Gurgaon NCR Audiophile Meet

What we are missing so far is - a good pair of speakers (or more than just a pair). We are seeing a lot of amps and other sundry items, but how shall we judge these gear without a revealing enough speakers?

I could bring in, but I am too far and don't think would have a car large enough to carry my speakers. So someone please chip in with a high end speaker.

Commercial dealers should not have a problem sponsoring the event, if they would be displaying their gear. Afterall, it's a great marketing and PR exercise for them. But if it doesn't work out that way, no big deal.

My concert 8's meet the criteria for "revealing" but I wish someone would pop up with floostanders or something of the yamaha ns1000/larger harbeth form factor from a few pricebands above my concert 8's (which were originally USD 2700) to make things more interesting.

@Ranjeetrain - Which speakers were you planning on getting if you had a larger car ?

Last edited:
We can put in a request to Aashish in Gurgaon for his Dali Ikon FS. I know, it could be a cumbersome task in getting them down 2 floors, but still, could be a viable possibility.

@Ranjeetrain - Which speakers were you planning on getting if you had a larger car ?

Currently I only have a pair of Dali Ikon left with me.

Accessibility is a bigger problem. Will need at least two people to take it down and load it in the car and again back up upon return.

If Aashish is in Gurgaon it makes far more sense that Aashish can chip in with it. Much easier for him than for me to carry it all around Delhi.

Last edited:
Yes, I can imagine.

I have my previous e875 floorstanders as well (1600 usd pricepoint) which I plan on having in there but will have to ask brother or others to help. They're 20kg each like ikon 6 aswell.

Its much better to get the Concerts. E series isn't all that great. Dali would add a new type of sound as well. Will help the variety. Otherwise there are will two pairs with same house sound.

Its much better to get the Concerts. E series isn't all that great. Dali would add a new type of sound as well. Will help the variety. Otherwise there are will two pairs with same house sound.

This is true, about the same house sound.

I think so far we have the following accounted for

d830 / concert 8's 6.5" two way
Quad 11L2 5.5" two way
Wharfedale Denton 5.5" two way
DIY Transmission line floorstanders - 5.5" two way
Vintage B&W DM4

Did I miss anything?

I'm hoping maybe Panditji can get his Harbeths. I've never heard a harbeth sound signature before.
Shame Malvai can't get his floorstanders :(

Last edited:
Panditji hasn't visited in last 1 or 2 days it seems. It would be really cool to have his Harbeths. They are easy to carry as well.

Good news everyone!

la-kozy is going to sponsor the event and have some of their equipment on display!!

Many thanks to moderator Malvai for speaking to Ashish Kesarwani and making it happen!

I would be a great opportunity, though i am new to all this, but i would be joining in too.

will have opportunity to hear hi end equipments coupled with high end speakers.

Pls count me in.

Regards

Its clearly mentioned in the OP that the date is 13 Jan 2013.

Too late, already a lot of people have confirmed for 13th. I had initially thought of the 6th but many people were not available on 6th so had to push back to 13th, and a lot of people have working saturdays so to remove that entire windows of match and mismatch had to take 13th (I myself included work on sundays but ill be putting my work day on saturday to be free on sunday)

Wife might get bored unless they're also into audio =)

I guess I was the first one to reply to this post. So I was NOT late!:)

I have not read anywhere date being confirmed as 13th. But if that be so, then its ok..may be some other time. My best wishes. ;)

criteria for joining?

None!

Shall I count you in?

I would be a great opportunity, though i am new to all this, but i would be joining in too.

will have opportunity to hear hi end equipments coupled with high end speakers.

Pls count me in.

Regards

Done

corElement

I would love to attend the meet.

Contribution: Photography. Western classical music.

Awesome! GET YOUR DYNAUDIO BOOKSHELVES It would be great to hear your dynaudio, my jamos, the quad 11 and if panditji comes, his harbeth all back to back!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back