Jan 2013 Delhi/Gurgaon NCR Audiophile Meet

Cant believe meet is on 13 Jan. Its my birthday.

I am new to this forum so do not know many people yet.

Thanks for taking the initiative for the meet.

I am not one of a few fortunate who can spend 50-60k on an audio system but a big DIY fan and an inventor.

So please tell me can I bring in an audio equipment that might not be high end but ones own invention? Will there be enough space to accommodate a single bed?

I can also bring along my projector (again not a high end one) if anyone would be interested in videos. Request someone to bring a laptop with 3g dongle.

Awaiting your confirmation Mr. Corelement!

Hi Ketan, it will be nice to have you there. It will be make it much easier to make a call on it if you kindly let us know what exactly is it that you would like to bring and how much space will it take.

Please add my name in the list, time flies the last meet was in Aug 2010 iirc. Would really like to experience an analogue setup and listen to Viren Sir's Full range horn speakers.

ok will do

Cant believe meet is on 13 Jan. Its my birthday.

Nice! Maybe we can have a birthday cake lined up during lunch ;)

I am new to this forum so do not know many people yet.

Welcome!

Thanks for taking the initiative for the meet.

Our pleasure!

I am not one of a few fortunate who can spend 50-60k on an audio system but a big DIY fan and an inventor.

The advantage of being a DIY'er is the ability to make something for far cheaper :)

I can also bring along my projector (again not a high end one) if anyone would be interested in videos. Request someone to bring a laptop with 3g dongle.

Bring projector, I can't say what use we have so far of one but it may come in handy.

Awaiting your confirmation Mr. Corelement!

You-shall-not-pass.jpeg

I kid, Come on over :)

So please tell me can I bring in an audio equipment that might not be high end but ones own invention? Will there be enough space to accommodate a single bed?

Its a 4D Bed, 6 x 3 feet

Invented it while experimenting for perfect bass.

Here is a link: http://efytimes.com/e1/95908/D-Furn...-Vibrating-Audio-With-The-Launch-Of-The-D-Bed

Looking forward to feedback / suggestion in the meet.

Might be interesting but I fear logistics will be an issue (loading unloading then again loading and unloading) So even though I am interested, I suggest not to for your sake as well as others. =) Don't worry about not being able to bring over gear. We've got enough so far I think =)

Headcount Of Stereo Gear known so far from members (Malvai is going to find out what gear Lakozy will have on display)

Speakers

Bookshelf

Cikejl.jpg

Quad 11L2 (prash2k01)
Priceband: ?37,000 (Replaced by Quad 11L)

9KXPol.jpg

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anv. Edition (If heliumflight comes)
Priceband: ?52,000

Em3QSl.jpg

Jamo D830 / Concert 8 (Corelement)
Priceband: ?1,50,000 (discontinued)

Floorstander

1.JPG

DIY Transmission line floorstanders (pranavkumar)
Priceband: DIY

attachment.php

Horn Grande speakers (Viren Bakshi From Lyrita Audio)
Priceband: ?145,000

Amplifier

86235_60537.jpg

Marantz PM8003 (prash2k01)
Priceband: ?76,000

20552959.jpg

Cambridge Audio Azur 840a v2 (corelement)
Priceband: ?76,000

YIpWD.jpg

Lyrita Audio GM70 Integrated amplifier (Viren Bakshi)
Priceband: ?55,000

29273466298368494_EAcMnXvl_c.jpg

Krell 400xi (Avidyarthy)
Priceband: ?1,50,000

stratos_black.jpg

Odyssey Statos Ampilfier (Ranjeetrain)
Priceband: ?n/a

4148.jpg

Marantz PM6100sa (If heliumflight comes)

Pre

4685.jpg

Marantz SM6100sa (If heliumflight comes)

DAC

asus_xonar_essence_one_front_back.jpg

Asus Xonar Essence One (CyberVinay)
Priceband: ?24,000

yb11_arcam1.jpg

Arcam rDAC-kw (vasishta.sushant)
Priceband: ?29,000

a.jpg

Wyred4sound DAC 2 (Malvai)
Priceband: ?1,00,000 (approx)

Phono

9.jpg

Ray Samuels F117 Nighthawk (Malvai)
Priceband: n/a

20120705210442_ME3-12-Monk.jpg

Monk Audio (Malvai)

Turntable

10889226_370980f85f.jpg

Clearaudio Ambient (Malvai)

Cables

(Ranjeetrain is getting some cables but I'm not certain which ones and which length) My monster cables are cut according to the concert 8's binding post....it wont be usable in other speakers.

Might need someone to get some speaker cables of decent length.

For RCA Interconnect I have my Bogdan Audio Goldy IC with eichmann bullets (0.5m) This is a dark sounding cable which goes well with brighter sounding setups. But it does not sound good with warm speakers like the Denton's. So I request others to bring some IC's as well. (Be sure to mention model & price range)

iBvmhl.jpg

Stands

Custom from soundfoundations.in / magma
KBhKR.jpg

Custom from soundfoundations.in / magma
xEyWV.jpg

-----

Updated Guest list

1 Your's truly
2 Avidyarthy
3 Kartick
4 Malvai
5 Dillihifi
6 Heliumflight
7 aashish351
8 pranavkumar
9 Subho
10 prash2k01
11 psoonee
12 thebanik
13 sam9s
14 ranjeetrain
15 Mukti1684
16 push
17 Virenbakshi
18 cybervinay
19 R Narayanan (Waiting for confirmation)
20 Sid Trehan
21 technobhatt
22 hopefloats (Please confirm)
23 nicenicenicee
24 ajay124
25 ANM
26 Dr Garg
27 Ashish from Lakozy
28 Gagan from Snop Shop & nephew (Will drop in for a short while)
29 Sahil Chowdhry (friend of mine)
30 Shabad Singh (friend of mine)
31 vinshar
32 novice-akki
33 ketansethi1987

Last edited:
I didn't go through the whole thread but I can drop in. Can also bring in my rdac Kw and the necessary cables. People can audition that thing. Carrying the amp and speakers would be a pain, I guess.

Great Vasishta! I'm sure people will like to see an essence vs rdac comparison.

I have a favor to ask, we have multiple bookshelf speakers but just 1 pair of stands. If your sal alifs stands are not sand loaded would you mind lending the stands for the day. If it's too much hassle then don't worry about it. :licklips:

Great Vasishta! I'm sure people will like to see an essence vs rdac comparison.

I have a favor to ask, we have multiple bookshelf speakers but just 1 pair of stands. If your sal alifs stands are not sand loaded would you mind lending the stands for the day. If it's too much hassle then don't worry about it. :licklips:
Will try to but can't promise. :eek:

@corelement thanks! Please do not bother to bring a cake. I was also worried about logistic then thought maybe some of you can come over my place to check it out later sometime. Ill still bring the projector lets see if it can be of some use.

Anyone from South Delhi??? Lets carpool!

A small correction. The rdac version (kW) that I have is the one that has wireless capabilities as well so you can update the pic. I am sure people would be interested in seeing how convenient its to use your stuff without the wire clutches. :)

A small correction. The rdac version (kW) that I have is the one that has wireless capabilities as well so you can update the pic. I am sure people would be interested in seeing how convenient its to use your stuff without the wire clutches. :)

cool updated.

I feel we have adequate if not more than enough gear now.

I wish we could have heard an usher be-718, an atc 19 and a small harbeth.

Anyone know people in delhi who have the above ? The two people who I knew who have it are unconfirmed / not coming (panditji and amitnoida)

Last edited:
corelement, I noticed the date again 13th Jan which is LORI, so just wanted to update that my chances have dropped form 99% to 5%. I am a sikh and thats one festival I cannot miss ...wish the date was 12th. Anyway next time I guess ...... :)

corelement, I noticed the date again 13th Jan which is LORI, so just wanted to update that my chances have dropped form 99% to 5%. I am a sikh and thats one festival I cannot miss ...wish the date was 12th. Anyway next time I guess ...... :)

Oh :(

But ok, thanks for letting us know =)

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back