Jan 2013 Delhi/Gurgaon NCR Audiophile Meet

As an environmentalist, I am a big advocate of car pools. Request everyone to use car pool as long as feasible :) Consider me in for the pool going from East Delhi.

Helium, I am at NH-24.

Well...I too support the cause and still don't own a Car :)
I am a Biker... and stay in Noida.
Let me know if you're interested in coming on Bike. I can pick you from NH-24 if it's nearby Indirapuram-Ghaziabad or Mayur Vihar, just keep your helmet ready. I know it's very cold now a days, but sometime it's feels good to drive Bike to Gurgaon in the morning sunshine. And please note I hate rash driving.
Otherwise I am thinking of going via Metro.

corelement, I noticed the date again 13th Jan which is LORI, so just wanted to update that my chances have dropped form 99% to 5%. I am a sikh and thats one festival I cannot miss ...wish the date was 12th. Anyway next time I guess ...... :)

O man, I didn't realize that its Lohri. Even I'll have to visit punjab :(

NP guys :)

Well...I too support the cause and still don't own a Car :)
I am a Biker... and stay in Noida.
Let me know if you're interested in coming on Bike. I can pick you from NH-24 if it's nearby Indirapuram-Ghaziabad or Mayur Vihar, just keep your helmet ready. I know it's very cold now a days, but sometime it's feels good to drive Bike to Gurgaon in the morning sunshine. And please note I hate rash driving.
Otherwise I am thinking of going via Metro.

Thanks mate. If no amp to carry then I'd tag along. I love driving but biking is more thrilling :D

I can also pick up a few people in a wagonr from South Delhi (saket) if anyone wants to tag along.

I would love to join too.
Don't have any worthy gear to bring along, but I'd love to be a part of the event, and happily contribute in any way possible.
:) :)

Would be coming from Noida expressway so can pick anyone who comes in my way. Would come in a maruti swift.

All,

I might also join

Thanks
Venu

Woah, would you be flying in just for the meet or just happened to be here at that time? :D

I would love to join too.
Don't have any worthy gear to bring along, but I'd love to be a part of the event, and happily contribute in any way possible.
:) :)

Would be coming from Noida expressway so can pick anyone who comes in my way. Would come in a maruti swift.

Oh! Gr8 news that there is going to be a Delhi/NCR meet.
I would like to join too.

Ok adding you guys

-----

Updated Guest list

1 Your's truly
2 Avidyarthy
3 Kartick
4 Malvai
5 Dillihifi
6 Heliumflight
7 aashish351
8 pranavkumar
9 Subho
10 prash2k01
11 psoonee
12 thebanik
13 vishug
14 ranjeetrain
15 Mukti1684
16 push
17 Virenbakshi
18 cybervinay
19 R Narayanan
20 Sid Trehan
21 technobhatt
22 hopefloats (Please confirm)
23 nicenicenicee
24 ajay124
25 ANM
26 Dr Garg
27 Ashish from Lakozy
28 Gagan from Snop Shop & nephew (Will drop in for a short while)
29 Sahil Chowdhry (friend of mine)
30 Shabad Singh (friend of mine)
31 vinshar
32 novice-akki
33 ketansethi1987
34 vasishta.sushant (60% chances of making it)
35 tush9876
36 Gvenu (Might be coming, waiting for confirmation)

Hello,

Coming back to the forum after a long long time.

Would like to join in on 13th.

Regards,

Dinesh

Awesome! GET YOUR DYNAUDIO BOOKSHELVES It would be great to hear your dynaudio, my jamos, the quad 11 and if panditji comes, his harbeth all back to back!

corElement

It won't be possible to bring along the Dyn's because I am going to Kashmir from 5th to 12th Jan. I am planning to change my return flight to reach Delhi on the 13. Please count my attendance as a little 'iffy' as my wife and daughter may insist that I stay at home and light a Lohri bonfire for them.

My suggestions for western classical music for the audition:

Shostakovich's 8th Symphony by Mravinsky, mov. 3 - YouTube

Prokofiev: Romeo and Juliet, No 13 Dance of the Knights (Valery Gergiev, LSO) - YouTube

Pierre Boulez conducts Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring (Part 1, b) - YouTube

Mahler 1st Symphony (4/6); 3rd movement; Boulez - YouTube

Can bring in Exposure 3010 S2 Integrated, HRT Music Streamer II with Supra USB 2.0 Cable and the DIY Vortexbox NAS / Media Streamer.

Dali Ikon 6 would be a pain... my dedicated listening room is on the second floor of a house (no lifts)! And anyway everybody must have already heard them countless times!

But I am very curious to hear exposure with other speakers! So that is going to come along with hrt.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Aashish, do try if at possible to bring the Dalis. I have seen a lot of negativity about Dali at this forum. It will be a great way to see how on actual ground Dali performs compared to other speakers at same or lower/higher price point. There will be speakers between USD 500-700 to USD 2700 such as Cor's Jamo. It will be good to hear all these speakers next to each other.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back