LeEco TV Super3 series - India owners thread

Hey guys, just got this installed a couple of hours back.

Started noticing some backlight bleeding on the bottom right corner, is this normal ? Also I can see it only from my seating location.

Attaching a picture for your reference, please let me know if I should be ordering a replacement

http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=155656104_IMG_20161126_WA0002_122_507lo.jpg

what is the backlight set to in the pic? if its on 100 then try lowering it to 30, if the issue is still too noticeable then get replacement.

Cheers.

Very sad to know, after investing a fair amount. So what is the status of your replacement?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

what is the backlight set to in the pic? if its on 100 then try lowering it to 30, if the issue is still too noticeable then get replacement.

Cheers.

Got the replacement the next week I raised the issue on Flipkart, was still under the 10day guarantee. But time between uninstallation to replacement I believe could have been faster. Although I'm not complaining as the process was super smooth.

The challenge however is that the newer set also has a bleed issue but not as bad or visible, and definitely not when you watch it with sufficient light in the room so I'm chill with this. But there is an annoying horizontal line running top to bottom, noticeable around the mid of the screen, no biggie again only visible only in super bright settings, with high backlight or like a too white or solid color screen which is not a normal thing if you watch regular stuff.

But learning from this purchase is purely - you get what you paid for, there is definitely a reason this technology is still expensive and why reputed brands are charging 3-4X the price.

Got the replacement the next week I raised the issue on Flipkart, was still under the 10day guarantee. But time between uninstallation to replacement I believe could have been faster. Although I'm not complaining as the process was super smooth.

The challenge however is that the newer set also has a bleed issue but not as bad or visible, and definitely not when you watch it with sufficient light in the room so I'm chill with this. But there is an annoying horizontal line running top to bottom, noticeable around the mid of the screen, no biggie again only visible only in super bright settings, with high backlight or like a too white or solid color screen which is not a normal thing if you watch regular stuff.

But learning from this purchase is purely - you get what you paid for, there is definitely a reason this technology is still expensive and why reputed brands are charging 3-4X the price.

Bleeding issues are famous on lg & sony leds also, read up on this forum you will get shocked, so many guys have exchanged the LG UHD 800 series tvs cause of backlight issues, its a lottery system with this tech, regarding the line? do you mean a vertical band running on the screen? i think i notice that to & is called vertical banding, fault in the led tech again lottery system with all brands, you can read about it, see post 5#

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1456452-normal-bad-vertical-banding.html

Cheers.

Bleeding issues are famous on lg & sony leds also, read up on this forum you will get shocked, so many guys have exchanged the LG UHD 800 series tvs cause of backlight issues, its a lottery system with this tech, regarding the line? do you mean a vertical band running on the screen? i think i notice that to & is called vertical banding, fault in the led tech again lottery system with all brands, you can read about it, see post 5#

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1456452-normal-bad-vertical-banding.html

Cheers.

Somthing like this, although this a CRT plus a highly exaggerated version of what I see (don't see unless really squinting + 50 backlight + super bright scenes)

It has something to do with the internal time relay or something on the TV's board is what I understood.

horizontal_line.jpg

Hi All,

I have been using the 55 incher LeTv for a month now. Ever since I got it, it has been a love hate relation with the TV :)

What I love:

even with the slight BLB on the right bottom corner, the picture quality is fabulous in 1080i, unfortunately no cable service in india provides 1080p :-(

Android smart interface is very simple and very low learning curve for even the moms and pops to learn how to use the TV

4K content is lively, not as punchy as the samsung panels, but the subtlety is something that makes the picture more real.

What I hate:

The Setup: I setup the cables as below;
HDMI1 - Tata Sky
HDMI2 - PC
HDMI3 - PS4
Optical out - SoundBar

I changed the output default to TV, however, when I on the TV, it automatically goes to HDMI3 and the PS4 turns on!! (if the HDMI to PS4 is not connected, then it will default go to HDMI1 which is tata sky) This is a bit weird

Initially I had used an HDMI ARC to connect sound bar, but had to change to optical, because for some weird rerason, when it was connected via HDMI ARC, I had to always manually go into sound setting and select external speaker as the source which was absolutely strage. but when I connected the soundbar to optical, i dont need to select the output everytime, it is just a matter of turning the soundbar on.

THE BIGGEST GRIPE (there are 3 actually)

1. Google Playstore is absent!!! and hence all the apps like the native youtube that supports 4k, apps like hotstar, TVF wont work as they all need some google framework! This is an absolute bummer and its almost a dealbreaker for someone who might be coming from a smart TV manufactured by LG or Sony or Samsung. Sideloading is fine, but the apps are not as smooth as the natives ones, example, I sideloaded Netflix and the app interface is choppy at best. I have a 75mbs net connection and I cannot understand if certain contents from Netflix is playing @1080 or 4k!

2. Lack of Apps: The appstore, for loss of appropriate word, is the shittiest at the best!. Dont even bother browsing it. In fact better to open the browser and check for APKs you need and sideload. Having said that, I tried youtube via the browser, and it does have an option of playing videos on 4k, but the frame rate is not at all good

3. 4K contents: As far as I have explored, I have not come across good 4K content, like a movie or a soccer match etc etc. PLEASE GUYS SUGGEST SOME SOURCES FOR 4K CONTENTS :(

Overall:
I am sataisfied with the TV, the build quality, the style that impresses everyone who visits your house. For 59k, I think its a good deal (Actually 59k-25k for old TV-5k cashback)
However, I still feel I should have checked out the VU 65 pixelight before jumping on to the android TV bandwagon....your thoughts??

As a general consensus it is advised to all NOT TO BUY this tv please check the le Indian forum
The horror story of this tv is filled the forum
This TV in general is a failed product ,great but it is failed because of the bad outways the good
Suggestions are wait for the x4
Please check for the warranty ,flipcart may b good but the main tv maker is not only bad but worst of the worst
From example if you need the warranty you have to same the box with which it comes
Flipcart can only do so much in the end lemall is everything
Please check the forum for more information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeECO's parent company is in financial problem and there was a report in Economic Times that operations of Indian arm have been scaled down. i hope that this does not impact the TV business.

LeECO's parent company is in financial problem and there was a report in Economic Times that operations of Indian arm have been scaled down. i hope that this does not impact the TV business.
it will, the next x4 mdoel will be delayed now by months if not years.

Hay guys any one tried using HDMI ARC port connecting to the AV Receiver? does it works perfectly? how is the audio quality when you connect through ARC? coz some one commented saying it depends on the TV so i am not sure if i connect through ARC will i get DTS HDMA out put? please suggest.

I have connected my sony HT-RT3 to ARC port, it works properly, but I have to manually go to settings and change the audio source which is weird. So I changed to optical cable and it works beautifully too!

Here are couple of screen shots from 4k video from my x55 . I could play videos of 4k format directly on TV. But the screenshots are of FHD size.

View attachment 21408
View attachment 21409

Btw , Yupp TV and Levidi started working on my TV after receiving latest updates . But the video quality of TV channel on Yupp TV is very low (320 px ) . Eros now movies are having good resolution (FHD) . Could not find any 4K movie in Eros Now yet.

Does anyone has recommendation for DTH provider for 4k channel ? How well Videocon D2H 4k works ?

Hi,
I am in Pune, is it possible to have a brief sight on it to understand the overall quality.

Aseem K

leeco india is in deep waters & might stop sellign in india soon, we got duped lol.

:eek:hyeah should have listened to that little voice inside my head when I was ordering, but would have been very difficult to quell it given the size-resolution to price ratio.

Sigh, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Purpose of coming to this thread was different however. Yesterday I decided to revive my netflix sub - with UHD this time.

Sideloaded the netflix app, logged in nothing happened.

rebooted the telly and could watch in 4K :)

ciao
gr

:eek:hyeah should have listened to that little voice inside my head when I was ordering, but would have been very difficult to quell it given the size-resolution to price ratio.

Sigh, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Purpose of coming to this thread was different however. Yesterday I decided to revive my netflix sub - with UHD this time.

Sideloaded the netflix app, logged in nothing happened.

rebooted the telly and could watch in 4K :)

ciao
gr
wow :eek:hyeah: yeah still amazing tv for the price man.
Could you provide the link to the netflix apk you downloaded?
you sure its 4k & not upscaled?

Cheer.

wow :eek:hyeah: yeah still amazing tv for the price man.
Could you provide the link to the netflix apk you downloaded?
you sure its 4k & not upscaled?

Cheer.
1. the first link that popped up in google it had a jan 17 date (IIRC, not sure now)
2. how do i make that out ? I signed up for the 800 INR pm membership on netflix. I sideloaded the .apk and rebooted the telly. I searched for UHD and then 4K on netflix and watched Chefs table (Gaggan s2 last episode) and the Blind Baker (sherlock s1 e2). I believe i watched it in 4K**. I would have liked to verify using ctrl-shift-alt-S but alas I was not watching through my comp and that because I dont have a graphics card that supports UHD only does HD (I have not been able to push it beyond that though in theory it should, sigh) .
ciao
gr

** all that happened while son with sharp eyes was away for a birthday party. He walked in when i was watching Sherlock, fell into a chari, looked at the screen for 2 minutes and said "what did you do to get that"

Last edited:
1. the first link that popped up in google it had a jan 17 date (IIRC, not sure now)
2. how do i make that out ? I signed up for the 800 INR pm membership on netflix. I sideloaded the .apk and rebooted the telly. I searched for UHD and then 4K on netflix and watched Chefs table (Gaggan s2 last episode) and the Blind Baker (sherlock s1 e2). I believe i watched it in 4K**. I would have liked to verify using ctrl-shift-alt-S but alas I was not watching through my comp and that because I dont have a graphics card that supports UHD only does HD (I have not been able to push it beyond that though in theory it should, sigh) .
ciao
gr

** all that happened while son with sharp eyes was away for a birthday party. He walked in when i was watching Sherlock, fell into a chari, looked at the screen for 2 minutes and said "what did you do to get that"
just press the input (button with the back sign) & see the info on the top right, is it 1080p? simple test :) do it & let us know.

just press the input (button with the back sign) & see the info on the top right, is it 1080p? simple test :) do it & let us know.

yes, my comp is connected at that res as is my PS3. But that will not tell me if I the telly is doing 1080 rows and 1920 columns and not if I am streaming 2160 rows x 3840 pixels ie 4K, or am I missing something? I think what you are saying is that it is HD content that is being upscaled. I cannot agree or disagree with that because this app is running on the TV and it does not show what is the input res on the top rhs

On the PC you have a hot key combo ctrl-alt-shift-s which brings up a screen giving you all sorts of numbers and I think an override option. I don't know how to do that on the app.

The reason I was interested was that I read that only devices supported by netflix can do 4k*** - else the server dishes out only HD. My eyes say 4K but in the interest of science (and not ending up with egg on my face) I would like to re confirm that.

ciao
gr

*** please google "are you getting HD Netflix ? A crazy number of devies still don't support 1080p" unable to linkify justnow

Last edited:
hey guys, i just got a gpu upgrade - rx 470

and now display wont show on edid 2.0; i have to select edid 1.3 to work. but 4k@60 is only possible via edid 2.0

anyone seeing any success with this ?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back