LG 200Hz lcd what's so spl

msr@hi

Hi all saw Lg 200hz lcd ad in TOI TODAY WANTED TO KNOW WHAT is the def WITH 50Hz or even 100hz tv also if any one seen lg 200hz tv how is it the price for 47inch is 90k with special offer free dth connection, 5.1 home theatre, 50 movies is it a good buy the sepcs seem good full hd, 2ms response time, divx, usb, your inputs
thankyou

well read this article 1rst LCD at 100 Hz: the end of afterglow (page 1: Test of the 1rst LCD at 100 Hz) - BeHardware .
200hz is basically double of whats said in that article.now LG 200hz isn't the best out there,the best is the 200hz from sony currently the Z series in india has them the 40inch cost about 1.5lakh and about 90k+ in grey mareket,samsung also has the 200hz tv called the B750 series again prices start at 1.25lakh for 40inch and u get no freebies.
obviously if lg was realy good like sony and samsung they would have priced it well,but since they are giving a lots of freebies looks like they aren't too confident of their product,besides the LG is 7inches bigger.:rolleyes:
apart from the poor image processing that lg has,they also have poor contrast.the high end Z and samsung B750 have nearly 3times more ANSI contrast.

LCD pixels switch slowly...If you're playing a content at 60 fps....you'll see a blur with lots of frames....manufacturers increased the frequency to eliminate this problem....but there's no content available to play at such high frequencies...so they added a video processing engine to feed some amount of interpolated signal to the display in between the original frames...You'll notice the difference while watching high action sequences or sports....so 200 Hz is not just a marketing term....with the current response time of 2ms it is possible to achieve > 600 Hz ....hope this helps....:D

Last edited:
Hi,
Just learned that LG 47LH50 is available @ 73 k in Mumbai. may be this is without frebees.
A full HD 1080p 47 inch LCD at this price is a steal. Also it seems that the same model has been launched in the US with Netflix internet downloads. is the same facility available in India.
I am looking for sugestions from this forum to know if this is too good to be true. How does this differ from the comparable Samsung LA46B750U1R.
Can any body help me decide?
Thanks

Hi,
Just learned that LG 47LH50 is available @ 73 k in Mumbai. may be this is without frebees.
A full HD 1080p 47 inch LCD at this price is a steal. Also it seems that the same model has been launched in the US with Netflix internet downloads. is the same facility available in India.
I am looking for sugestions from this forum to know if this is too good to be true. How does this differ from the comparable Samsung LA46B750U1R.
Can any body help me decide?
Thanks

well the samsung simply has a better image processing engine which rivals even the bravia 3 engine found in the sony.the samsung B750 has nearly 3 times more contrast and greater shadow detail.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back