LG 50PK550R Owner's Discussion Thread

Revisiting this thread after a long time.

I am still on this TV as it held up very well in last 6 years. However, I experienced an issue last week. TV turned off by itself while viewing, didn't turn on either by remote or by touch. Kept it unplugged for 24 hours and then it turned on but only for 10mins and died again. Looked up on Google and it seems like a fairly common issue with LG. Called up customer support, technician arrived after two days and all he did was open up the back cover and exchanged the ends of the flat cable that connects the power board to motherboard! As per him, this is how they have solved the same issue at numerous homes.

As per official LG rates he was supposed to charge me rs 288 for visit and rs 1100 for repair - that is what the support Lady told me over phone. As the *repair* was very simple, I requested him to drop the repair charge and he was decent enough to agree.

TV is running fine so far. Would love to hear the experiences if others have also faced this issue.

Nobody here anymore!
Sold my LG 50PK550 last week for 7K INR. Brought home a swankier LG G3 65" OLED. The plasma was still going strong after 13 long years! An end of an era for me.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back