My NOS Jamo d830 / concert 8's

I just found out that the drivers used in the concert series are different from the openly available Seas Excel drivers. Apparently the excel tweeter and woofer on the concert 8's were exclusively made for the jamo.

For example these are the model numbers of the excel woofers available on the open market which are 8 ohms.

and these are the tweeters:

However the ones on the concert 8 are marked 4 ohms, and the model number is
For tweeter is 20531
For woofer is 20525

They apparently look the same from the front but are customized on the rear.

EDIT: found this pic for the internals:
109241390_fed0f2646b_o.jpg

Quite a good bit of internal padding, looks like a good 2.5" thick.
The internal wire appears to be different from the Jamo OFC cable I have. Might have to get a similar wire in the future for optimal performance.

PS. For future / Internets reference I found the service reference for the crossover, here:

o99ut.jpg

Hmmm, this thread is turning into my blog =S LOL!

If someone doesnt mind, could someone with crossover knowledge help me understand the above crossover and what it means.
The reason why I'm asking is because the d830's crossover is known to be a little biased towards the highs. Jamo corrected this
in the jamo d870 with treble adjustment knobs like the ones in the pic below, so I'm just trying to understand.

Jamo2.jpg

Dear cor I think you're not a music lover, why did you remove the drivers from a good beautiful lovely speakers?

Those aren't my speakers...I dont even have my speakers with me yet..

Read the text on the first post.

And even if they were, loving music and technical understanding are two separate things.

The speaker cables (pics) you posted on this thread ... saying them to be of 'oxygen free' copper ... sure?

Copper is reddish brown in colour ... or is it that being oxygen-free they turn to look more like aluminium? ... :p

I read somewhere they're coated, on the wire it's written ofc and on their website it was written as well so.. *shrug*

eventually I'll get it replaced I suppose.

They're satans music system man! I paid exactly $666 for both. Have been stalking ebay US since 2009 for a pair and my effort finally paid off. Honestly can't believe my luck finding a pair in NOS condition. Original value in the us was $2800 till 2008 when their production was halted and replaced with the R series dipoles. This pair was sitting in the box at the owners house as a spare pair which was used maybe once or twice. So they're not even broken in..

I am indeed planning to bring them back as baggage. 1 in each suitcase as allowance is 50 lbs x 2 suitcases.

Whoa! Can you teach me how to stalk? :eek: I would love to win such a great bargain ... :licklips:

We can start with Sunny Leone ... :eek:hyeah:

PS: Congratulations!!

--G0bble

Oh my, you stalker! She probably has a million already!

Also stalking on ebay is simple, know what you want, search once everyday till you find one!

PS I found this cool blowup

gTwbZ.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey Core,
When are you getting the speakers into india?
Decided on stands?

I hope you dont stop with watching the pics everyday. :p
Do you have any plans to get them home and hear them sing? :D
Probably write a review comparing to the floors?

Hey Core,
When are you getting the speakers into india?
Decided on stands?

Applied for the visa and submitted visa fees today, so hopefully interview within a couple of weeks (A little worried about the interview because denial rate is very high) So if my visa interview goes ok and gets approved, I'll be leaving for the us on june and returning end of aug.

No thoughts on stands yet because I'm mostly likely going out of the country in 2013 for masters so might use something temporary.

I hope you dont stop with watching the pics everyday. :p
Do you have any plans to get them home and hear them sing? :D
Probably write a review comparing to the floors?

No I'm going to gift wrap them and put them on bedside tables beside my bed and look at them every night!

lol

Yeah I'll do a write up and compare against the floorstanders eventually lol...if my visa gets approved that is..good chance it wont (Males my age get rejected left and right)

Congrats on the steal deal! They look damn good. :)
They're satans music system man! I paid exactly $666 for both. Have been stalking ebay US since 2009 for a pair and my effort finally paid off. Honestly can't believe my luck finding a pair in NOS condition. Original value in the us was $2800 till 2008 when their production was halted and replaced with the R series dipoles. This pair was sitting in the box at the owners house as a spare pair which was used maybe once or twice. So they're not even broken in..

I am indeed planning to bring them back as baggage. 1 in each suitcase as allowance is 50 lbs x 2 suitcases.

Been a long while since I updated this thread. I'm in the US at the moment. Will finally get my hands on the Jamos along with new Interconnect and speaker cables on AUG 8th.

I bought a pair of Bogdan Audio Gold + silver hybrid hyperlitz configuration interconnects to go with the jamos (which i mentioned on a different thread some months ago.)

Also picked up a 50' roll of Monster & THX collaborated copper+silver hybrid 16 gauge speaker cable (not the typical monster cable cables)

9mMP3.jpg

+
ic7Gu.jpg

+
vMPJQ.jpg

Just a couple of weeks till I finally get the bookshelves :) Can't wait :) Hopefully all the drivers work properly.

Last edited:
Git 'em to ma place ...... lets find out how pure Class A feed fares thru 'em. Obviously, also how it fares against a desi rectified broken-in room-aligned TL beast!

We'll see :)

I need to arrange a stand now. Still a little jittery of dumping another 10k on stands. I guess I should just get it over with and buy them, then sell off the stands later since people are always looking for stands.

Last edited:
Back