My NOS Jamo d830 / concert 8's

That is the plan. Already spoken to Magma about a custom stand from soundfoundations 2 months ago.

Should probably put in the order so it's ready by the time I get back to India.

Last edited:
No way. I would never think about moving here unless I absolutely had to. They're too uptight about every single little thing. I'm just visiting my sister in LA.

And yes, at last! YAYYY

Three days to go, so excited!! I'm in vegas atm, flying back to la tomorrow/monday.

Speakers arrive on Wednesday (thursday in india). My friend Jorge is bringing them in their original box along with the Bogdan Audio Gold Interconnects :D

I'm just a little sad that I wont get to hear them play because of no amplifier at sisters house.
Maybe I can find some old vintage class A amplifier to at least check if everything's in order.

Last edited:
Holy mother of god they're utterly GORGEOUS! The Veneer almost has a hologram like appearance and GLOWS with any kind of light focused on it!!!

They're EXTREMELY heavy! Takes some serious effort to light!

Literally DESTROYS my Jamo e875 or 2012 Jamo concert 8/803 series in sheer transparency and detail. I had it hooked up to a Sony 900ES Class A amplifier from their golden era but the source was just a poor laptop 3.5mm.. but FORGET the source, even on such a bad source it brought out details on songs I had never heard before! And the difference wasn't something I had to pay attention to to make out, it's was immediately noticeable within seconds!

I don't have time to write more right now but expect more details soon.

I also got the bogdan audio goldy cables. I havnt tested them out yet but the eichmann bullets are a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
Nice. Congrats! There is a ton more left in the tank i'm sure.
Holy mother of god they're utterly GORGEOUS! The Veneer almost has a hologram like appearance and GLOWS with any kind of light focused on it!!!

They're EXTREMELY heavy! Takes some serious effort to light!

Literally DESTROYS my Jamo e875 or 2012 Jamo concert 8/803 series in sheer transparency and detail. I had it hooked up to a Sony 900ES Class A amplifier from their golden era but the source was just a poor laptop 3.5mm.. but FORGET the source, even on such a bad source it brought out details on songs I had never heard before! And the difference wasn't something I had to pay attention to to make out, it's was immediately noticeable within seconds!

I don't have time to write more right now but expect more details soon.

I also got the bogdan audio goldy cables. I havnt tested them out yet but the eichmann bullets are a thing of beauty.

Nice. Congrats! There is a ton more left in the tank i'm sure.

I've been spending some time the last two days listening to them on the 909es connected to the shitty soundcard and 3.5mm jack from thinkpad. It's hard to believe how much detail and texture these speakers are able to reveal out even from such bad input sources.

Midrange and upper range.....I am speechless....this completely blows away the b&w 800 series, the paradigm monitor, polk audio lsi9's, Kef iq3, q300 and others I've heard in the last few months at stores..and they were connected to much better sources and inputs as well.

But the biggest complaint about them so far is the lack of bass. I'm using the equalizer on the amplifier to increase the bass at 20hz slope band by 20db which has helped considerably.

The detail, resolution, texture, speed, clarity and transparency of the d830 makes you forget it's apparent lack of bass.
To put it into perspective.. the above words.. don't even normally come into the equation when you usually assess a speaker, but it's impossible not to notice them on these.

Last edited:
cor,

so you are on Cloud no 9..:lol:

Good BS have their advantages but as you rightly said music wont be music till you feel bass at sometime.. this is where all BS trip up ( i think ).

Maybe a good competitor to this will be the Paradigm Studio 20 ( i can talk paradigm since i have heard these ).. check it out and let us know what u think..

mpw

I've been spending some time the last two days listening to them on the 909es connected to the shitty soundcard and 3.5mm jack from thinkpad. It's hard to believe how much detail and texture these speakers are able to reveal out even from such bad input sources.

Midrange and upper range.....I am speechless....this completely blows away the b&w 800 series, the paradigm monitor, polk audio lsi9's, Kef iq3, q300 and others I've heard in the last few months at stores..and they were connected to much better sources and inputs as well.

But the biggest complaint about them so far is the lack of bass......it's as bad as non existent. I'm using the equalizer on the amplifier to increase the bass at 20hz slope band by 20db which has helped considerably.

The detail, resolution, texture, speed, clarity and transparency of the d830 makes you forget it's apparent lack of bass.
To put it into perspective.. the above words.. don't even normally come into the equation when you usually assess a speaker, but it's impossible not to notice them on these.

cor,

so you are on Cloud no 9..:lol:

Good BS have their advantages but as you rightly said music wont be music till you feel bass at sometime.. this is where all BS trip up ( i think ).

Yep, I'm definitely on cloud 9 right now.

I was worried that the d830's would sound different from the in house made jamo speakers (since the d8 series uses custom seas excel drivers which seas made specifically for jamo) and that it would sound more like B&W 800 series (Which I didn't like much)

But that fear is totally gone now, It's got the same tonality as the Jamo e875 towers ive been listening to the last 3 years but with all the above mentioned improvements but with the lack of bass.

Maybe a good competitor to this will be the Paradigm Studio 20 ( i can talk paradigm since i have heard these ).. check it out and let us know what u think..

mpw

Hmm, the Reference Studio 20 costs USD 1398 a pair though, probably unfair to compare them to a USD 2800 pair of bookshelves no?

Last edited:
at first glance yes.. but you may be surprised by what you hear.. ( it is immaterial you may have got the jamos cheaper as NoS ). I am not saying that the Studio 20 will outgun ( to your ears ).. but the world of audio is full of surprises no ?

Happy listening .. the key is to be happy with what you have.

:))

rgds,
mpw

at first glance yes.. but you may be surprised by what you hear.. ( it is immaterial you may have got the jamos cheaper as NoS ). I am not saying that the Studio 20 will outgun ( to your ears ).. but the world of audio is full of surprises no ?

rgds,
mpw

Yep, I know what you mean. The surprise factor is the best part about being an audiophile =)

Also
Took a couple of quick and dirty photos with my Phone

Enjoy

iBvmh.jpg

xWjcN.jpg

Last edited:

rgds,
mpw

You know I like the Jamo sound signature and I'm sure corElement does too. Call us biased but I'm pretty sure nothing will outgun or outclass the Jama sound signature for us fanboys.

I kept comparing pretty much everything to the C607 till I heard speakers twice its budget and only then I began to agree they were improved on.

You know I like the Jamo sound signature and I'm sure corElement does too. Call us biased but I'm pretty sure nothing will outgun or outclass the Jama sound signature for us fanboys.

I kept comparing pretty much everything to the C607 till I heard speakers twice its budget and only then I began to agree they were improved on.

I'm only a fan of the pre-klipsch e7 e8 d8 and post klipsch c6, c8 & ref series. All their other stuff is pretty bad :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: HAHAHHAAH

But you know musicbee, I was actually worried that the d830's would sound very different from the in-house made high end jamo models, but it's amazing how Seas has custom manufactured the drivers for jamo and yet kept their sound signature intact.

Other people who use seas excel drivers on other forums have said they tried cloning the d8 series with similar seas excel drivers but the sound signature does not turn out the same.

It's very very different from B&W 800 (which makes me feel like I'm sitting in steam room it's so fat) and again very different from paradigm (which I found not as transparent as either the Jamo e8 or d8 series)

Shame you're in Hyderabad, otherwise you could have visited once I bring them home to New Delhi on aug 25th (hopefully they reach safely)

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back