My Pass F5 Build

Curiosity from an electronics illiterate :eek:...

What are the components on long, yellow-insulated wires, and what is the reason for them being mounted high off the board? Sticking my head out with a guess: anything to do with temperature sensing?

Yes, you are right. They are thermistors and will be bend towards the MOSFET after fixing it on the heatsink.

thanks,
Bibin

:) I think the jfets supplied are lower power version of 170/74.

Since you upgraded the resistors (improvement on mostly asthetics than SQ) think you should upgrade the JFETS (probable SQ improvement)

Completed the source selector last weekend.

Cost: 250 INR

Source selector rotary switch:

Cost: 65 INR

Source selector and its power supply:

Knobs for the source selector and volume pot:

Cost: 650 INR (From HK)

The source selector along with the preamp (DIY B1) will be mounted in a separate cabin

Cost: 2500 INR

Here is the drawing of the cabin:

Cost: Approx. 1500 INR

Great going as usual Bibin :)

Waiting to see pics of the Cab now, you know why :D If it is looking as good as it is on the blue print, am sure we will have some action on the group buy front being discussed in the Pass B1 thread :licklips:

The cabinet design looks very nice. Now to see it in real!

Can you post the link from where you purchased the source selector and volume knobs.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Looks good Bibin. Once you post the pics of the finished product i'm sure many people will want to order one :)

+1. I think many of us (including me) who are participating in the B1 group buy would be interested in a good quality decently priced cabinet. Let's hope Bibin's cabinet can meet that criteria.

Looks very well made cabinet. Are you planning to mount the heatsinks with fins aligned horizontally. If yes, it may not be the best thing to do unless there is forced air through the fins.

Looking forward to the completed pictures.

Cheers.

Anil is right...these sinks (I'm guessing 6x12) placed horizontally, with .6V bias without force cooling will reach 65~75c.

Good that you have spk protection in place :)

But an excellent build

Looks very well made cabinet. Are you planning to mount the heatsinks with fins aligned horizontally. If yes, it may not be the best thing to do unless there is forced air through the fins.

Looking forward to the completed pictures.

Cheers.

Thank you Anil. The Cabs are made by the same guy who is making cabinets for "TORVIN".

Yes i am mounting it horizontally and i am aware of the efficiency drop. But i want those seamless horizontal lines on the cab sides just for the aesthetics. As you mentioned i will be providing forced air to the fins through the rack.

Thanks,
Bibin

Anil is right...these sinks (I'm guessing 6x12) placed horizontally, with .6V bias without force cooling will reach 65~75c.

Good that you have spk protection in place :)

But an excellent build

Thank you Kroyin. Yes i am using Speaker Protection and Soft Start board.

Thanks,
Bibin

Very nice cabinet. Good amount of planning must have gone into this. kudos. The layout will be something I would look forward to. It will certainly be awesome.:clapping:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back