My Pass F5 Build

Nice panels. How much did the cab build for the f5 cost. My build has been waiting for about an year now for a decent cab although my B1 is working great and pass BOZ will be ready by next weekend.

Awesome work as usual from Bibin! :thumbsup:

Pls update us the cost for the B1 pre amp cab & also try to work out a group buy price for it as am sure most of the gang making the B1 pre would like to have such an awesome looking cab :)

Price Breakup for the Cabs

B1
Sheet Metal Works using 1.2mm CR sheet and powder coating : 1380 INR
Acrylic work and laser engraving front(9mm) and back(4mm) panel : 1052 INR

Total : 2432 INR INR

F5
Sheet Metal Works using 1.2mm CR sheet and powder coating : 2300 INR
Acrylic work and laser engraving front(12mm+9mm) and back(6mm) panel : 4160 INR
Heat Sink : 2500

Total : 8960 INR

Thanks,
Bibin

Awesome work as usual from Bibin! :thumbsup:

Pls update us the cost for the B1 pre amp cab & also try to work out a group buy price for it as am sure most of the gang making the B1 pre would like to have such an awesome looking cab :)

Thank you denom. For group buy if there are more than 10 Qty I can ask them for some discount and i have the drawings and templates with me. So the repeat order cost will be less than the current cost.

Thanks,
Bibin

Excellent panel and chassis work Bibin. How do you plan to fix panels (Acrylics ?) to the chassis ? Wouldn't heat from heatsink which are coupled to the chassis and indirectly to the front panel be a problem ?
Regards

^ Edit : Oh ! I see you have little gap in between chassis and front panel. Excellent !
regards

Bibin,

one suggestion, when you are mounting the F5 acrylic front and back plates to the chassis, use a 1 or 1.5mm thick heat proof spacers(leather or Mica) at the back of the face plate screw holes.

cheers,
Vincent

Bibin,

one suggestion, when you are mounting the F5 acrylic front and back plates to the chassis, use a 1 or 1.5mm thick heat proof spacers(leather or Mica) at the back of the face plate screw holes.

cheers,
Vincent

Thank you Vincent for the suggestion. I will put leather in between.

Thanks,
Bibin

i think that would do Bibin....the reason i am saying this is because all CLASS-A amps outputs tremendous amount of heat based on the bias.
Acrylics just melt away for this kind of heat. Its always wise to isolate this heat transmitted to the front and back plates.

when you are mounting the F5 acrylic front and back plates to the chassis, use a 1 or 1.5mm thick heat proof spacers(leather or Mica) at the back of the face plate screw holes.

Mica is not a bad conductor of heat and leather would get charred and would eventually fall apart. The best spacers would be either ceramic or asbestos.

Mica is not a bad conductor of heat and leather would get charred and would eventually fall apart. The best spacers would be either ceramic or asbestos.

True Captain, as per the update from Anilva, the heat generated might be enormous. Ceramic or asbestos spacers will really work. Not sure where Bibin will source this from.

True Captain, as per the update from Anilva, the heat generated might be enormous. Ceramic or asbestos spacers will really work. Not sure where Bibin will source this from.
Why not engrave everything in Aluminum itself? It will be done by CNC. I would like to know anilva's thoughts on this Acrylic thingy. He has build almost all types of Pass Amps.

Why not engrave everything in Aluminum itself? It will be done by CNC. I would like to know anilva's thoughts on this Acrylic thingy. He has build almost all types of Pass Amps.

FM Raghunadh has used a laser engraving shop here in Hyderabad
for his ST70 build Aluminium front panel. Cost was very reasonable too.
Perhaps there is a similar place in Bibin's area?
Check watch shops - this laser is used for personalizing wrist watches too.

I will not go anywhere near Acrylic when it comes to Class A amps. As a measure of safety, I do not wire my amps with normal wire. I use teflon wire for internal wiring. At constant heat of 50 degrees centigrade and above, many things do not last long....

Since there is a gap between main chassis and front plate add inbetween thin wood plank (not plywood) covered with broad teflon tape on both side or a tape like this..
Tape.JPG

Regards

A glass plate with sanded edges will also look elegant and serve the purpose of heat resistance.
Edit : Wait. at uneven temperatures glass will break. Look for some other material as well. such as heat resistant film etc.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back