My review of the XGIMI H2

Thanks for your inputs.

On one hand, that makes sense because most of the issues will not be due to hardware but the firmware upgrades or patch installs. Using projector for its full 1080p, 1350 lumens and throw ratio should ideally not create much of an issue. We can feed in the wifi data with laptops or phone syncs anyway.

Hmmm on the other hand, if we just needed these configurations without the "smart" aspect of it, do you see any other non-smart portable projector that can give better value for the budget ?

Between, I request other H2 owners to share their valuable feedback.

No issues with my H2. It has been awesome so far (almost a year of light usage).

On one hand, that makes sense because most of the issues will not be due to hardware but the firmware upgrades or patch installs. Using projector for its full 1080p, 1350 lumens and throw ratio should ideally not create much of an issue. We can feed in the wifi data with laptops or phone syncs anyway.

True..

Hmmm on the other hand, if we just needed these configurations without the "smart" aspect of it, do you see any other non-smart portable projector that can give better value for the budget ?

H1 should be sold for less than H2.. However, i would still opt for H2 and not use any of the functions on projector, but just as a display..

What is your budget for the LED projector?..

True..

H1 should be sold for less than H2.. However, i would still opt for H2 and not use any of the functions on projector, but just as a display..

What is your budget for the LED projector?..
Thanks for the reply.

Actually I started my search with 30 to 35K as my budget. I needed a short throw, native 1080p projector and possibly a portable one(not a major criteria though). All these matched with H2 and it is at 60k+. I went through very few Optoma, Epson projectors as well but unless they are available within India, the add-ons of Customs + Shipping do not make them a good deal compared to H2.

Im only interested in the projection capability and not the "smart" aspect of it, so I want to go for H2 only if there is no other projector sufficing the need on a lesser budget. I don't have a strong stand if it has to be LED + DLP or just DLP with lesser lamp life as well. If you have some projector in mind that can suffice the need , kindly let me know. It would be of great help :)

Thank you,
Sudarsan

I am considering the H2 as well. Can anyone suggest the best place to order it from? Not sure of these Chinese websites due to long delivery schedule and customs issues. Is it worth taking the risk or better off ordering from Amazon or Digicartz?

Im only interested in the projection capability and not the "smart" aspect of it, so I want to go for H2 only if there is no other projector sufficing the need on a lesser budget.

If you have friends / relatives coming from Singapore, you can get one from there for abt 55K if they get it along their hand baggage.. I got it thru my friend in US.. The projector works DC adaptor.. So no worries with voltage..

I have been told by vendor on Aliexpress that if the component is broken they will replace it but if the firmware or internals have issues, they have to give it to factory in China to fix it. Im not sure, if this takes infinite amount of time and may be even hard to track. So, do we have a service point in India if something fails to work or any part needs replacement ?

I have been told by vendor on Aliexpress that if the component is broken they will replace it but if the firmware or internals have issues, they have to give it to factory in China to fix it. Im not sure, if this takes infinite amount of time and may be even hard to track. So, do we have a service point in India if something fails to work or any part needs replacement ?

There is a dealer in India for Xgimi, he has some options (mentioned earlier in the thread).. Please check with him on possible options.. Makes your life easier & hassle free..

I have my wall painted with Silk Touch 01 Lt Screen Coating + mixed with Berger Silver Grey + water dissolvable silver glitter paint.
Hi I'm also looking at a similar option of painting my wall. Can you please share the exact proportions of the mix. Also color code of Berger silver grey and where to get silver glitter paint and brand. I intend to get a 120-Inch diagonal screen. Thanks in advance.

Hi, Sorry I forgot the proportions mixed it was the suggestion from the painter and silver glitter I got it from the same shop a local brand... it was a year back forgot the brand :(

Actually the silver touch was a little too white color, so thought of mixing with a silver grey, now I forgot the color code. feel free to PM me, if you need more information

Hi I'm also looking at a similar option of painting my wall. Can you please share the exact proportions of the mix. Also color code of Berger silver grey and where to get silver glitter paint and brand. I intend to get a 120-Inch diagonal screen. Thanks in advance.
[/QUOTE

Hi, I too want to paint for my projection screen area
Please help with mix ratios and product nuber
Thanks

Very impressed with the projector so far. I am currently projecting onto a whitish pink wall. This will be my screen until November when I move into a new place.

1. Love the remote. Very premium feel and the buttons depress with an assuring click.

2. Auto keystone correction is a joke so far. Have to manually adjust every time. Hope this gets resolved in a software update. Will anyways try to set the projector up perpendicular/center to the screen in my permanent setup.

3. The speakers are OK. But will need to splurge on good speakers once I move into the new place. For me the soundstage behind my ears and the picture in front is just not cutting it. The wife thinks speakers are fine. Go figure!

4. Quickly tried airplay and android mirroring. Could see my iphone screen. Gave up after some time trying to cast a video. Will try after some time.

5. The software feels buggy. Also on behalf of grammar nazis out there, can XGIMI please use standard terminology for menu options ? For example, see below - open/close instead of enable/disable ? And the description doesn't make any sense.

View attachment 31164

6. Installed Netflix/Amazon prime video from Aptoide. I cannot sign into Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, I think, crashes when trying to play a video. The Netflix issue could be the HDCP 2.2 support which XGIMI claims will be fixed in a November firmware update.

7. The colors are brilliant ( I'm a noob when it comes to projectors. The only screens I know of are my Sony Bravia 55 inch tv, my LG 4k monitor ). I'll play around with the screen settings other H2 users posted on the internet later.

View attachment 31165

8. The X-floor stand is sturdy and reeks of high quality. Happy with both purchases so far!

9. Haven't tested 3D yet.

10. Where do I register for the warranty ? As soon as I opened the box, there was a card that politely asked to register on a link for warranty purposes. And the link 404's !!

View attachment 31166

Will post more details as I keep using it!
Very nice. I have bought XGIMI H2 from www.digicartz.com as they were giving 1 year warranty and as you have mentioned, its a brilliant quality projector. I live in Bangalore too and had bought the projector in December 2019.

Quick Question: Does anyone done the Video calibration in Xgimi H2 ? could you please guide me to get the best video output ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back