• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

My review of the XGIMI H2

I bought the projector from Furper for 88K. Got one pair of 3D glasses free along with that.

The stand I bought from VideoProjector Store on AliExpress for 105 USD. They shipped it via GATI. I had to pay zero customs. The stand has a standard 1/4 inch screw that is on DSLRs too. So this should work for any other projector. But the X-Floor stand is a perfect match for XGIMI's projectors because it has a base where the AC to DC adapter block fits in snugly. The wire can then be routed through the pole to the top plugging into the projector. I can take pictures after some time and show you what I mean. I'm not sure if other projector will be able to use this..
Hello sandeep, congratulations for your new projector. I want to ask why you didn't buy projector from all I express. The cost that quote is 66k.
Thanks and regards,
Karthikeyan

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Hello sandeep, congratulations for your new projector. I want to ask why you didn't buy projector from all I express. The cost that quote is 66k.
Thanks and regards,
Karthikeyan
Hey Karthikeyan,

Thanks! I was one of the first ones to buy the XGIMI H2. Well, Furper handled the customs and had a 20 day return period. I wanted to avoid the customs hassle. And they promised to ship it ASAP. That was the reason I chose Furper.

Hopefully, they will fix it.
I just installed the firmware update yesterday. Played around with it a bit. Some observations, sunnxt app now works. I can set the timezone in the device.

I wanted to ask someone if they have already seen this. Does the XGIMI H2/H1 support audio passthrough ? The reason I ask is I recently got a Dolby Atmos soundbar ( LG SK10Y ) and now I need a way to play my 4k/1080p rips with dolby atmos soundtracks. The only way I see this is possible is with either a NVIDIA shield or a TV that does Dolby Atmos passthrough. I have Sony that only supports Dolby Digital Plus. I was playing a movie on Plex client installed on my projector and got a prompt about enabling pass through. So thought I'll check with the forum.

elangoas

I just installed the firmware update yesterday. Played around with it a bit. Some observations, sunnxt app now works. I can set the timezone in the device.

I wanted to ask someone if they have already seen this. Does the XGIMI H2/H1 support audio passthrough ? The reason I ask is I recently got a Dolby Atmos soundbar ( LG SK10Y ) and now I need a way to play my 4k/1080p rips with dolby atmos soundtracks. The only way I see this is possible is with either a NVIDIA shield or a TV that does Dolby Atmos passthrough. I have Sony that only supports Dolby Digital Plus. I was playing a movie on Plex client installed on my projector and got a prompt about enabling pass through. So thought I'll check with the forum.
Am not so sure, but try this.. Side-load Kodi app on Xgimi, you can set it to bit-stream under audio settings and connect to soundbar and check..

Any Android TV box with Kodi should be capable of Atmos passthrough.. I use the inexpensive, generic Z69 ATB and my brother has Xiaomi Mibox, both capable of Atmos passthrough..

Wish future Xgimi projectors come with Android TV OS and e-ARC HDMI feature, which has the ability to send lossless audio thru ARC..

Am not so sure, but try this.. Side-load Kodi app on Xgimi, you can set it to bit-stream under audio settings and connect to soundbar and check..

Any Android TV box with Kodi should be capable of Atmos passthrough.. I use the inexpensive, generic Z69 ATB and my brother has Xiaomi Mibox, both capable of Atmos passthrough..

Wish future Xgimi projectors come with Android TV OS and e-ARC HDMI feature, which has the ability to send lossless audio thru ARC..
Thanks @elangoas, Will try this and update the thread.

SPONSORED ADS