My review of the XGIMI H2

I bought the projector from Furper for 88K. Got one pair of 3D glasses free along with that.

The stand I bought from VideoProjector Store on AliExpress for 105 USD. They shipped it via GATI. I had to pay zero customs. The stand has a standard 1/4 inch screw that is on DSLRs too. So this should work for any other projector. But the X-Floor stand is a perfect match for XGIMI's projectors because it has a base where the AC to DC adapter block fits in snugly. The wire can then be routed through the pole to the top plugging into the projector. I can take pictures after some time and show you what I mean. I'm not sure if other projector will be able to use this..
Hello sandeep, congratulations for your new projector. I want to ask why you didn't buy projector from all I express. The cost that quote is 66k.
Thanks and regards,
Karthikeyan

Hello sandeep, congratulations for your new projector. I want to ask why you didn't buy projector from all I express. The cost that quote is 66k.
Thanks and regards,
Karthikeyan

Hey Karthikeyan,

Thanks! I was one of the first ones to buy the XGIMI H2. Well, Furper handled the customs and had a 20 day return period. I wanted to avoid the customs hassle. And they promised to ship it ASAP. That was the reason I chose Furper.

Hopefully, they will fix it.
I just installed the firmware update yesterday. Played around with it a bit. Some observations, sunnxt app now works. I can set the timezone in the device.

I wanted to ask someone if they have already seen this. Does the XGIMI H2/H1 support audio passthrough ? The reason I ask is I recently got a Dolby Atmos soundbar ( LG SK10Y ) and now I need a way to play my 4k/1080p rips with dolby atmos soundtracks. The only way I see this is possible is with either a NVIDIA shield or a TV that does Dolby Atmos passthrough. I have Sony that only supports Dolby Digital Plus. I was playing a movie on Plex client installed on my projector and got a prompt about enabling pass through. So thought I'll check with the forum.

I just installed the firmware update yesterday. Played around with it a bit. Some observations, sunnxt app now works. I can set the timezone in the device.

I wanted to ask someone if they have already seen this. Does the XGIMI H2/H1 support audio passthrough ? The reason I ask is I recently got a Dolby Atmos soundbar ( LG SK10Y ) and now I need a way to play my 4k/1080p rips with dolby atmos soundtracks. The only way I see this is possible is with either a NVIDIA shield or a TV that does Dolby Atmos passthrough. I have Sony that only supports Dolby Digital Plus. I was playing a movie on Plex client installed on my projector and got a prompt about enabling pass through. So thought I'll check with the forum.

Am not so sure, but try this.. Side-load Kodi app on Xgimi, you can set it to bit-stream under audio settings and connect to soundbar and check..

Any Android TV box with Kodi should be capable of Atmos passthrough.. I use the inexpensive, generic Z69 ATB and my brother has Xiaomi Mibox, both capable of Atmos passthrough..

Wish future Xgimi projectors come with Android TV OS and e-ARC HDMI feature, which has the ability to send lossless audio thru ARC..

Am not so sure, but try this.. Side-load Kodi app on Xgimi, you can set it to bit-stream under audio settings and connect to soundbar and check..

Any Android TV box with Kodi should be capable of Atmos passthrough.. I use the inexpensive, generic Z69 ATB and my brother has Xiaomi Mibox, both capable of Atmos passthrough..

Wish future Xgimi projectors come with Android TV OS and e-ARC HDMI feature, which has the ability to send lossless audio thru ARC..

Thanks @elangoas, Will try this and update the thread.

Hi friends...
I also got my H2 delivered just 2 days back. Actually i am getting slight blurriness in upper left corner (pics attached) aliexpress seller says its normal. can any one who bought this projector confirm this?

Attachments

• Screen center.jpg
    Screen center.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Upper left corner.jpg
    Upper left corner.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 80
Hi friends...
I also got my H2 delivered just 2 days back. Actually i am getting slight blurriness in upper left corner (pics attached) aliexpress seller says its normal. can any one who bought this projector confirm this?

It is almost similar on my H1 too on one of the corner, usually with small text on the screen.. But that is only if you get very close to the screen..

Got my H2 delivered from AliExpress (LR Digital) within 5 days. I am quite impressed by the image quality and even the sound is OK (from the built in HK speakers) for most uses. The remote is quite easy to use and set up was a breeze. Did the software update immediately. Used a camera tripod for mounting. Netflix needed to be downloaded as an app and works great. YouTube and Web browsing were fine. Projector hardly makes any noise/ hum. Auto focus and auto keystone worked adequately.

Cons: 3D glasses did not do much for me. Amazon Prime video and Jio TV are not supported yet. If anyone has found a workaround, please share.

Under 65,000, H2 appears to be a no brainer. Sure to increase turnout at year end parties.

Got my H2 delivered from AliExpress (LR Digital) within 5 days. I am quite impressed by the image quality and even the sound is OK (from the built in HK speakers) for most uses. The remote is quite easy to use and set up was a breeze. Did the software update immediately. Used a camera tripod for mounting. Netflix needed to be downloaded as an app and works great. YouTube and Web browsing were fine. Projector hardly makes any noise/ hum. Auto focus and auto keystone worked adequately.

Cons: 3D glasses did not do much for me. Amazon Prime video and Jio TV are not supported yet. If anyone has found a workaround, please share.

Under 65,000, H2 appears to be a no brainer. Sure to increase turnout at year end parties.
Hi bro. Congratulations for your brand new H2. You got it from AE. Even i am interested to order it on today through LR Digital. kindly guide me on how to order to avoid custom & tax? I am from Mumbai. Cell- 8879654562. at what cost you purchased it?

So setup the projector in my living room with a screen that retracts in front of my TV. Have my media sources - Tata sky HD, Nvidia Shield connected to my LG SK10Y sound bar and right now switching the HDMI out cables to TV and projector based on what I'm watching.

The projector is connected to the sound bar via a 25 feet AmazonBasics HDMI cable. Do I need to worry about signal attenuation in such lengths ? How would I see there are HDMI signal problems due to length ? audio-video sync issues, etc ? picture quality ?

Also my sound bar just has one HDMI out. Any HDMI splitter that you guys recommend ?

Hi bro. Congratulations for your brand new H2. You got it from AE. Even i am interested to order it on today through LR Digital. kindly guide me on how to order to avoid custom & tax? I am from Mumbai. Cell- 8879654562. at what cost you purchased it?
Thanks. I am enjoying the projector. Steps to purchase it via AliExpress are as follows
1) Create an account with AliExpress (if you don't already have one)
2) Search for XGIMI H2 in the search bar in AliExpress
3) Among the various vendors, choose one which says in bold red print that now shipping from INDIA warehouse. This would be LR Digital
4) Contact the seller upfront and tell him/her that you need the item shipped from India and without any customs hassles. Wait for their positive reply.
5) Once agreed, pay the MRP of USD 899 (claim a USD 20 coupon from LR Digital and redeem at checkout to pay net USD 879). If you want 3D glasses or other stuff, you can choose the combo and pay accordingly. Try and use a debit card or credit card which does not charge any markup (or very low mark up) for forex transactions to ensure that you pay right amount in INR. You should pay around INR 61,500/- if you just choose the projector.
6) The seller sends you a local tracking number (GATI or Dehlivery, etc.) and you can track the product - typically 5-6 days it should reach your home.

JioTV And Hotstar are running fine on XGIMI H2.
Method: Download Aptoide TV APK directly using the web and install it on XGIMI H2. Then download Google Play Services (required for Hotstar app), Jio TV and Hotstar app via Aptoide TV. Hotstar and Jio TV app would work fine though one has to login everytime for Jio TV (since we are not using a Jio SIM to access the Jio TV). If you are using Jio Fibre/ Jio SIM for your wifi access for the projector, then you should not have this problem.
No account creation or login is required for downloading the above apps via Aptoide TV.

Amazon Prime Video not working
Also downloaded Amazon Prime Videos app via Aptoide TV and logged in using Prime membership details and also registered the XGIMI H2 as an authorised Amazon device for Video play. On opening the app, the menu etc. shows up and once can browse through the Amazon Prime Video catalogue, etc. but while trying to play the videos it shows error message. I believe only way to play Amazon Prime videos directly on Android TV currently is to use the Amazon Fire stick or similar Amazon hardware. Alternately, once can play Amazon Prime Video on your Android phone/ tablet and mirror the screen to the projector.

My attempts to mirror the screen to projector from iPad while playing Amazon Prime video failed to play the video (error message) on projector. All other apps are mirroring fine from iPad. So, I guess it is specific to Amazon Prime Video.

If you guys have had success with Amazon Prime Video, please share.

P.S.: Tons of Android games are also downloadable free via Aptoide store including currently popular ones like PUBG. I am not a games fan but few I tested looked great on the large screen.

Last edited:
Thanks. I am enjoying the projector. Steps to purchase it via AliExpress are as follows
3) Among the various vendors, choose one which says in bold red print that now shipping from INDIA warehouse. This would be LR Digital
4) Contact the seller upfront and tell him/her that you need the item shipped from India and without any customs hassles. Wait for their positive reply.
5) Once agreed, pay the MRP of USD 899 (claim a USD 20 coupon from LR Digital and redeem at checkout to pay net USD 879). If you want 3D glasses or other stuff, you can choose the combo and pay accordingly. Try and use a debit card or credit card which does not charge any markup (or very low mark up) for forex transactions to ensure that you pay right amount in INR. You should pay around INR 61,500/- if you just choose the projector.
6) The seller sends you a local tracking number (GATI or Dehlivery, etc.) and you can track the product - typically 5-6 days it should reach your home.
Thanks bro for your details of purchase . it will be helpful to other members who want to buy H2 / H1 in India without custom. Yesterday I booked with same procedure. Seller is Global projector from AE. at cost 59,999/- only. only helped seller to extend the time of delivery by 15 days to avoide auto cancel from AE. now waiting for H2. i will connect it with my Yamaha RXV 683 avr.

Possible share seller link here.

Seller is giving any warranty because it is shopping from india ?

Seller is giving any warranty because it is shopping from india ?
No India warranty but you can try and negotiate some deal with the dealer - though I am not sure whether they would honour it. One should ask for replacement guarantee if the product does not work out of the box. LR digital is an authorised dealer (you can check on XGIMI website) and basically I took the risk that nothing would go wrong for 1 year after which we need to pay for service anyway. My product did come fully sealed and packed and I had to tear off all the regular packaging and found all items intact (not the usual case of opened and re-sealed boxes after customs inspection).

Back