NAD OWNERS THREAD

Thanks for replies .What l have found that many manufacturer provide a matching power cable. Different cables affect the sound. Tried even 1.5sqmm . So need to know about original cable.
eg Marantz amps sounds different with stock cables. So the Naim amps. Just curious to know about stock cable.

I am attaching a photograph of the markings & writings on my cable, in case it helps

Attachments

• IMG-20211127-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20211127-WA0023.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 25
I am attaching a photograph of the markings & writings on my cable, in case it helps.
Volex is written on Marantz power cord plug and Kema-Keur on cable. PM7005 use 1sqmm and 6 series AVR use mostly 0.75sqmm cable. Specs are like H05 number(NAD cable showing H03 in photo).Thanks for taking time and posting a picture.

I recently acquired a super-sparingly used NAD356BEE and connected it to my GoldenEar AON3 bookshelves. I'm unable to go beyond 8'o clock on the volume position - just realizing the raw power of the NAD integrated. Previously, had an NAD T757 AVR that I acquired from a forum member. Unfortunately, it shorted out - had it repaired and gave it to my friend. Though the T757 was quite powerful in its own way, I never expected to hear this much clarity and punch (as What HiFi terms it, it is 'gale force' sound!!).

Now, I'm thinking if I should seriously consider switching to towers and remove the GoldenEar and QAcoustics 3060S subwoofer out of the equation. In fact, I don't switch on the sub now, unless it's for movies.

So, what towers go well with this NAD 356? my budget is about 80k. I quite like the warm/neutral tonality and I don't want to go for a setup that would perk up the trebles and make my ears bleed. Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance!

I recently acquired a super-sparingly used NAD356BEE and connected it to my GoldenEar AON3 bookshelves. I'm unable to go beyond 8'o clock on the volume position - just realizing the raw power of the NAD integrated. Previously, had an NAD T757 AVR that I acquired from a forum member. Unfortunately, it shorted out - had it repaired and gave it to my friend. Though the T757 was quite powerful in its own way, I never expected to hear this much clarity and punch (as What HiFi terms it, it is 'gale force' sound!!).

Now, I'm thinking if I should seriously consider switching to towers and remove the GoldenEar and QAcoustics 3060S subwoofer out of the equation. In fact, I don't switch on the sub now, unless it's for movies.

So, what towers go well with this NAD 356? my budget is about 80k. I quite like the warm/neutral tonality and I don't want to go for a setup that would perk up the trebles and make my ears bleed. Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Congratulations on the new purchase. 356 is indeed a powerful amp.
Nads tend to pair really well with dalis.
Do consider Oberon series within your budget.

Thanks, @Kumar442244 and @spirovious. Thought I'd get the suggestion as PSB. Surprised at Dali. Checked the oberon and opticon prices. Way over budget. Any middle ground with Wharfedale, Magnat Transpuls 1000, etc? JBL not a good fit? I agree, Dali's gonna be the best, if money no object. Will keep an eye out in the used market too.

Just wondering if you have any thoughts on the PSB ALPHA T20 and MAGNAT Transpuls 1000 for the NAD C356BEE. Found the Dali quite bright for my taste. Also, Mission LX4 mki. These three speakers I may get to auditio over here, but the locations are quite far. wanted to get some idea beforehand. Thanks

Are all the new NAD amps are class D?

Sadly yes, the newer models will be class D.

Check this quote from NAD C368
In the last few years, NAD has moved away from the old-fashioned linear power supplies and Class AB output stages that waste energy, and have instead developed even better performing circuits based on switch mode power supplies and Class D output stages. Once thought to be inferior to traditional topologies, NAD’s advanced work in this area has created some of the best performing amplifiers regardless of basic design principle. These new designs are very linear over a wide bandwidth and provide consistent performance into all speaker loads, providing a dramatic advance over previous models.

Just wondering if you have any thoughts on the PSB ALPHA T20 and MAGNAT Transpuls 1000 for the NAD C356BEE. Found the Dali quite bright for my taste. Also, Mission LX4 mki. These three speakers I may get to auditio over here, but the locations are quite far. wanted to get some idea beforehand. Thanks
There is a good opticon 5 in the sale section and it’s well within your budget.
Do give it a thought.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back