NAD OWNERS THREAD

Nice point actually, many use NAD integrateds either in their entirety or as preamps. The power amp sections of these integrateds are really good, infact better than some of the pure power amps out there. I am using a C160BEE driving the Power amp of a 3020. The power stage of the 3020 amplifier is one beautifully designed piece of electronics. Perhaps they could have used a bigger heatsink but otherwise, it sounds great. Here is a sample of a NAD 3020 poweramp section clone:

In India it may be easier and more cost effective to buy used/non working /highly discounted NAD amp .Then comes the important aspect of knowing what component NOT to change/alter.
Thanks for sharing - clones are a interesting option.

Hello,
Need info regarding NAD stereo amp power cord. What is specification and make?
That is about gauge (0.75 or 1sqmm) and make(like Marantz has volex type). l want to know about C352. I don't have original cord.

These OLD NADs were a gem. Don't ever and I mean ever let them go, until unless it is very necessary.

I have paired the 320BEE as power amp with:
FX audio Tube 03
Denon x3700
Nad 165bee
Yamaha Wxc-50 ( sounded bad, yamaha was the culprit)
LG V30 (directly)

Almost all sounded really good, if you pair it properly this thing will reward.

Just did the same. Using fx-audio tube 03 (with op amp mod) into the mains of an old NAD 314. I like it so far!

From where did you get op amps? Wanted to try that too.

These OLD NADs were a gem. Don't ever and I mean ever let them go, until unless it is very necessary.

FX audio Tube 03
Denon x3700
Nad 165bee
LG V30 (directly)

Btw, before trying all this, some of your comments about the fx 03 led me to consider it in the first place, thanks! I ordered the op amps and some WIMA film caps (still not swapped in because I don't trust my soldering skills) from RS components. The OP amp i went with was opa2134pa for ~ rs 450 a piece. Also using the GE 5654 tubes. I like the set up so far! There's a bit of hum that I'm troubleshooting, but the timbre and dynamics of the set up are much improved

Hello,
That is about gauge (0.75 or 1sqmm) and make(like Marantz has volex type). l want to know about C352. I don't have original cord.
Both sizes will do, just get any good after market one.

Just did the same. Using fx-audio tube 03 (with op amp mod) into the mains of an old NAD 314. I like it so far!
I too am using fx-audio tube 03, in stock condition, as preamp. Looking forward to swapping the stock 6k4 tubes with 5654 tubes in the near future.

Curious about your op amp mod. How much of a difference do you feel it has made?

I too am using fx-audio tube 03, in stock condition, as preamp. Looking forward to swapping the stock 6k4 tubes with 5654 tubes in the near future.

Curious about your op amp mod. How much of a difference do you feel it has made?
Am convinced it was significant, possibly even more so than the tube swap. Hard for me to describe because I didn't spend time split testing.

Am convinced it was significant, possibly even more so than the tube swap. Hard for me to describe because I didn't spend time split testing.
Great. You also mentioned that you are troubleshooting a hum. Did that develop post the the op amp mod? Or was it there even before? Thanks

I can send take some photographs in the afternoon (of my C320BEE) and send it to you. Will that work? I am fairly certain it is the non-detachable type
C352 has detachable. Hence missing. It will help if someone post about original NAD cable(detachable). Thanks for help.:)

Great. You also mentioned that you are troubleshooting a hum. Did that develop post the the op amp mod? Or was it there even before?

Great. You also mentioned that you are troubleshooting a hum. Did that develop post the the op amp mod? Or was it there even before? Thanks
Not related to the swap I believe. Might be a ground loop or cabling issue. Doesn't get amplified.

FX audio Tube 03
Denon x3700
Nad 165bee
LG V30 (directly)

I am using a similar arrangement, a C160 preamp driving the power amp section of the 3020. I have a Behringer DEQ 2696 in between them.

Late to join the NAD discussion. I have a NAD 3045 (vintage) integrated amplifier. As many expressed here it has a laid back, syrupy sound which I really enjoy and I have paired it with a KEF Q350. The volt meter lights are gone but otherwise works fine. I have a PS audio Sprout 100 which I use it as DAC and a Panasonic DVD. Often use the Sprout 100 as amplifier as well. Both have very different sound stage. NAD heats up quite fast but I will hold the NAD as long as it work :).

Hello,

You can certainly use better gauge wire, I have mostly built most of the power cords on my own for used products.
Just don't buy the ones available on amazon they are of very cheap quality.

Thanks for replies .What l have found that many manufacturer provide a matching power cable. Different cables affect the sound. Tried even 1.5sqmm . So need to know about original cable.
eg Marantz amps sounds different with stock cables. So the Naim amps. Just curious to know about stock cable.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back