Need help: 3d led tv (screen, hardware/software))

bhprin

Hi,
I need your help to understand 3D TV's better.

In 3D TV, LED panel is also 3D specific
or
its same as in 2D panels and there is separate hardware and software to produce 3D content rendering.

If can point to some pages having details of same would be better.

TIA,
Bhanu

After going thru posts. I learnt there is something called 3D ready (refresh rate => 120Hz).
Is it means we can play 3D movies using 3D player..?

HFVExperts pls give some clarifiation or leads for me to search....

Let me tell you first i'm not an expert in this. But, i'm among the one interested in 3D. You can google to know basics and plenty of information are over there.

As we are here sharing knowledge we get from others, I found this below information perhaps seems related to your request. It may help you a little to understand these terms. Hence, Read below points i copied this informn from the other forum for you.

1. The terms 3D TV, Full HD 3D TV, and 3D Ready TV DO NOT have official legal definitions. Each manufacturer has its own definition which is the cause of the confusion.
2. 3D Ready for most manufacturers means the TV accepts only one or two 3D formats and requires all other formats to be converted before sending to the TV.
3. 3D TV for most manufacturers (and the HDMI LLC) means the TV accepts the mandatory HDMI 1.4a 3D formats. Notice the mandatory in the statement. There are a lot more optional formats than mandatory.
4. Full HD 3D TV for most manufacturers is a marketing term for showing 1920 x 1080 pixels per eye in 3D. In fact this is an artificial term, just like Full HD being use for a 1080p TV. Artificial because CEA and EIA define HD as 720p or higher and does not make a distinction of Full vs. Partial (or less than full). This means a 1280 x 720 per eye is HD 3D as well. The CEA, EIA and FTC do not recognize the term Full HD or Full HD 3D as official terms.
5. What you want on a TV is what most manufacturers call a 3D TV. If you get a 3D Ready TV, by most manufacturers definition, you will need a 3D Converter for some sources. You also need a source device that handles 3D. For Blu-ray this would be a 3D Blu-ray player (needs to be marked as 3D) or PS3 with the latest software AND 3D disc. For gaming, a PS3, Xbox or PC with 3D gaming software and 3D games. For satellite or cable a receiver/box with 3D software and 3D channels.
:rolleyes:

Thanks for your sharing.

How 3D can be created. Answer is given in terms of how we see 3D and that is one image for each eye with different depths.
Considering above answer how can a tv creates 3D. A TV needs to create 2 images with similar depth as eyes and something (glasses) to see both images as one.
Leave the glasses part later can be discussed...
Coming to TV. 3D wrt HD leave now. TV produces one 2D image flicker free(smooth) at refresh rate of atleast 60hz. So to create 2 images may requires 2*60hz.
Now, how 2 images will be displayed by tv? For example odd pixels for 1 image and even pixels for another image.
Second option could be, is it based on frame rate of 2*29/sec. odd frame for one image and even for another, and it requires good processor.

please correct me if wrong...

Back