Need HELP!! Defective LED TV delivered by Sony Center

Friends, today in the afternoon i got a call from my dealer as well as service center, they said that they have got the approval to replace the TV with the new current model. And they will replace the tv as soon as they receive a new set from the company. But the dealer said he cannot share the e-mail with me b'coz its confidential.

let's see what happens.
Hoping for the best.

Friends, today in the afternoon i got a call from my dealer as well as service center, they said that they have got the approval to replace the TV with the new current model. And they will replace the tv as soon as they receive a new set from the company. But the dealer said he cannot share the e-mail with me b'coz its confidential.

let's see what happens.
Hoping for the best.

Nice to hear :):yahoo:

Why dont you check with the SONY Service with your complaint number?
If it is approved and everything is fine, the resolution should have these details. Contact Sony support and get it in an email.

Siva

let's see what happens.
Hoping for the best.

That's wonderful.

You may like to do one more:
You can email them (a document proof) (both dealer/service center), stating "with reference to our conversation today afternoon regarding replacement with a new TV, iam happy and looking forward for the new set soon". (or you may format your draft but keeping the nucleus point though!)
There is always a special importance for such mails in the future. Hope you are able to read-between-the-lines!

BTW, what's the date you will get the new TV? Eager to see your new TV in the forum.

Hi Mandeep,

Hope you have got a replacement set from Sony.

Friends, there have been a new twist, the service center called and offered me two options as intimated by the SONY INDIA to them.

1) to pay the difference amount on the new model set, as older model not
available around Rs 4000-5000.
2) or to get the whole amount refund

I chose the second option as it was better and to get rid of this whole episode, and then choose another set or company.

Now waiting for my refund amount, service center said it will take two weeks.Hoping for the best.

Very sad indeed...:sad: but at least you are getting the money back.
It has become very risky now-a-days to purchase a Panel TV...everywhere you are in anxiety. Demo piece, Defective Panel, Apathy of customer care ...all of these are making things worse.:eek:

Last edited:
On the positive side, there is some conclusion at least. I am opting for the additional 2 years warranty (1+2) on my Sony Bravia 55 W800A. No taking chances.

hello Friends,

The whole episode ended yesterday when Sony Service Centre delivered the refund CHEQUE, they also collected the TV.

thanks to all of you for timely support

I'm happy but also a little sad, as now i will again be in hunt for a new tv.

I have shortlisted

1) Samsung 43F4900 plasma with 2 year triple protection warranty

2) Toshiba 40PX200 or 40PS200 or 40PU20

I don't want to spend more than Rs 40k - 45k considering the quality of product and service of modern day plasma and LED Tv's.

HI,
Nice to hear that you have got your money refunded. I totally agree with you that it is wise to go for budget models these days due to severe quality issues of panel TVs.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back