New Panasonic VIERA P50V10 launched in india

nikhil_j

Hey, great news for plasma fans, one of the best tvs launched this year is available in india:
Panasonic TC-P50V10 Flat-panel TV reviews - CNET Reviews
VIERA TH-P50V10D | V Series | Digital AV | Panasonic India

Really excited and i cant wait to audition it. Got a quote of 1.4l on the phone, i am sure it can be brought down.
Planning to buy this or sammy 50b550 or the sammy 46b750(LCD).
Do let me know your views.

Hi Nikhil J. I think we can kiss the Sammy b750 a goodbye. Nobody is willing to sell the B750. I have gone all over the place here and even the Samsung showrooms do not have it on display nor in stock. You can see the 40 inch b750 in the Rajajinagar showroom and they also have the 40 inch in stock. I have already posted this earlier.
One of the members here Bhuvanmisra already broke the news of the V10 on the Indian website
I have also seen the 50 inch V10 at the panasonic brandshop, Koramangala.
I saw the V10 just out of the box and they called in as much prospective buyers (who had enquired earlier) that day. The V10 was actually meant for a customer. They were hence unwilling to power it up
See my previous posts

http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/6250-plasma-lcd-2.html
http://www.hifivision.com/television/6184-help-needed-plasma-50-best-quality.html
http://www.hifivision.com/television/6155-mrps-50v10-54z1-out.html

Let me know if you are interested as well in buying the V10. The lowest quote i have got as of now is 133500. Still out of my budget as my budget was around 110k. I can stretch to around 120k. But that would mean a total discount of 20% on the MRP. I am not sure if Panasonic would come down to this price. I know Samsungs give you good discounts all the way until almost 25% of the MRP.

Hi Nikhil J. I think we can kiss the Sammy b750 a goodbye. Nobody is willing to sell the B750. I have gone all over the place here and even the Samsung showrooms do not have it on display nor in stock. You can see the 40 inch b750 in the Rajajinagar showroom and they also have the 40 inch in stock. I have already posted this earlier.
One of the members here Bhuvanmisra already broke the news of the V10 on the Indian website
I have also seen the 50 inch V10 at the panasonic brandshop, Koramangala.
I saw the V10 just out of the box and they called in as much prospective buyers (who had enquired earlier) that day. The V10 was actually meant for a customer. They were hence unwilling to power it up
See my previous posts

http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/6250-plasma-lcd-2.html
http://www.hifivision.com/television/6184-help-needed-plasma-50-best-quality.html
http://www.hifivision.com/television/6155-mrps-50v10-54z1-out.html

Let me know if you are interested as well in buying the V10. The lowest quote i have got as of now is 133500. Still out of my budget as my budget was around 110k. I can stretch to around 120k. But that would mean a total discount of 20% on the MRP. I am not sure if Panasonic would come down to this price. I know Samsungs give you good discounts all the way until almost 25% of the MRP.

Hey thanks, i really dint notice it before. The quoted price of 1.33 was at rajajinagar?..
and is it that hard to find a 46" B750?.. now thats odd, they should not list it in their website then. Will ask a few dealers i know and will let you know.

So how would you rate the 3 displays i mentioned before?..
I am almost sure of buying 50B550 if v10's price does not come down or B750 is not available at all.
and i am really prone to motion blur, should i altogether chuck any lcds out of the picture, even with 200hz processing?..

Hey thanks, i really dint notice it before. The quoted price of 1.33 was at rajajinagar?..
and is it that hard to find a 46" B750?.. now thats odd, they should not list it in their website then. Will ask a few dealers i know and will let you know.

I am almost sure of buying 50B550 if v10's price does not come down or B750 is not available at all.
and i am really prone to motion blur, should i altogether chuck any lcds out of the picture, even with 200hz processing?..

well the 200hz in lcds will give u the more sharper look ,some say pop,3d look etc.it can also take out judder in 24p movies better then plasmas,which a vast majority like it.
the samsung B550A is a bargain it has decent SD capabilty,but won't come close to the contrast levels of g10 or v10.
u can also check out the 46Z550A althought its too expensive in showroom,can be had for aproximately 1.25lakh in grey market,going by the price of 40" version in grey market,although available only on order.

Last edited:
well the 200hz in lcds will give u the more sharper look ,some say pop,3d look etc.it can also take out judder in 24p movies better then plasmas,which a vast majority like it.
the samsung B550A is a bargain it has decent SD capabilty,but won't come close to the contrast levels of g10 or v10.
u can also check out the 46Z550A althought its too expensive in showroom,can be had for aproximately 1.25lakh in grey market,going by the price of 40" version in grey market,although available only on order.

Hey thanks adder, but i don think i will go for a grey market one for such a huge investment.
you have checked out SD capability of 50b550?.. thats great. Is it better than that of panasonic's, because i ve seen them in SD and i dint like wat i saw...

200hz processing does its own bit to reduce blur and can really provide a 1080line resolution on the b750 and z550. Engaging dejudder though is still a problem if you do not like the video like look of movies. Even keeping it at 2 or 3 makes the film look like video. But a lot of people get used to it and doesn't bother them over time.
The v10 i am sure has a lot of advantages. To name a few
Blacks,THX mode considered dim though,a full 1080 lines motion resolution,accurate gamma levels and reproduces 1080p/24 sources very well without judder.
To be honest the ideal comparison with the V10 should be the step up B650 plasmas and B860 plasmas both of which are not available here. The b650 infact has some known issues with 1080p/24
Again i am not sure of the b550. But the higher end B650 has better SD and colour capability vis a vis the Panny V10 Also Samsung's plasma are excellent when it comes to phosphor trailing

Last edited:
Hey thanks adder, but i don think i will go for a grey market one for such a huge investment.
you have checked out SD capability of 50b550?.. thats great. Is it better than that of panasonic's, because i ve seen them in SD and i dint like wat i saw...

well yes they are a bit sharper,although not as sharp as the lcds.the panasonic give u that slightly blurry image if i may call due probably due to the dithering seen in these picture below.
mcvv3l.png

35jkzgo.png

while all plasma suffer from this including the kuros,the panasonic is by far as the worst in dithering,followed closily by LG.samsung fares siginificantly better.

Last edited:
@adder - these 3 images are from different TV's ? Or different frames on a particular TV?

@adder, yes it was the same effect i saw at rajajinagar.
I think they should atleast keep an option of a HD signal there, they keep on praising themselves for not doing that, saying they r giving the true picture to the customer. Well some of the customers may also use it for HD viewing...

@adder, yes it was the same effect i saw at rajajinagar.
I think they should atleast keep an option of a HD signal there, they keep on praising themselves for not doing that, saying they r giving the true picture to the customer. Well some of the customers may also use it for HD viewing...

actualy dithering has nothing to do with SD or HD,while HD will certainly look better,if u saw the same effect as posted in those images.then there is nothing much can be done,u can increase ur viewing distance to compensate.

actualy dithering has nothing to do with SD or HD,while HD will certainly look better,if u saw the same effect as posted in those images.then there is nothing much can be done,u can increase ur viewing distance to compensate.

Oh k, i thought it was exclusive to SD, thanks for clarifying that for me.

Well i am in really a big dilemma now, i really want to go for the 50B550, i am getting it for 77.5 with the H1080 DVD player, although i dont really need the dvd player, it can be a supplement for the bedroom and also the reduction is only 1k w/o the dvd player.
But with all those 50hz problems i am reading about, i am a little scared. Is it really such a big problem in real world?..
And is it really worth going for 46B750 which i ll be getting for 1.1 lac or the V10 for 1.3 lac!!!

well yes they are a bit sharper,although not as sharp as the lcds.the panasonic give u that slightly blurry image if i may call due probably due to the dithering seen in these picture below.
mcvv3l.png

35jkzgo.png

while all plasma suffer from this including the kuros,the panasonic is by far as the worst in dithering,followed closily by LG.samsung fares siginificantly better.

This year though the V10 is better off than the best Samsungs(B860) in terms of dithering

If i am not mistaken the images you have uploaded refer to the pictures on AVS forum by a guy called sharpbandaid.
The first image he says depicts a blu ray source. But I thought the images were created for illustration. Isn't dithering an inherent feature of plasmas primarily used to make up for some colours that plasmas can't display accurately, for example green? Lack of dithering in plasmas might sometimes lead to banding. He says the second image is dithered which means dithering has been introduced and the third image actually has no dithering because of which we see banding. Dithering is however already present in plasmas. So it looks like these are images he created.
Now banding is a bigger issue with LCDs than plasmas

Last edited:
Oh k, i thought it was exclusive to SD, thanks for clarifying that for me.

Well i am in really a big dilemma now, i really want to go for the 50B550, i am getting it for 77.5 with the H1080 DVD player, although i dont really need the dvd player, it can be a supplement for the bedroom and also the reduction is only 1k w/o the dvd player.
But with all those 50hz problems i am reading about, i am a little scared. Is it really such a big problem in real world?..
And is it really worth going for 46B750 which i ll be getting for 1.1 lac or the V10 for 1.3 lac!!!

Hey Nikhil_J. Are you being quoted 1.1 by Unilet for the TV. Even i was told he would deliver the set in a day. But when i heard that a friend of someone from this forum had to wait for more than a month to get the TV from Girias i was kind of skeptical

This year though the V10 is better off than the best Samsungs(B860) in terms of dithering

If i am not mistaken the images you have uploaded refer to the pictures on AVS forum by a guy called sharpbandaid.
The first image he says depicts a blu ray source. But I thought the images were created for illustration. Isn't dithering an inherent feature of plasmas primarily used to make up for some colours that plasmas can't display accurately, for example green? Lack of dithering in plasmas might sometimes lead to banding. He says the second image is dithered which means dithering has been introduced and the third image actually has no dithering because of which we see banding. Dithering is however already present in plasmas. So it looks like these are images he created.
Now banding is a bigger issue with LCDs than plasmas

well yes it is was posted in avsforums.not sure who was the guy.
and it may be made up,but if u look at g10 displaying a static image its easier to notice it,also in showrooms one tends to stand closer to the tv then in the house.also check out digital versus Product Face-Offs Televisions - DigitalVersus in here go to 1080p which will take the upscaling out of the equation,notice how better the samsung plasma is.
offcourse since some can't even differentiate b/w HD and FHD ,this will again depend on the individual eyes resolving power.

Last edited:
Hey Nikhil_J. Are you being quoted 1.1 by Unilet for the TV. Even i was told he would deliver the set in a day. But when i heard that a friend of someone from this forum had to wait for more than a month to get the TV from Girias i was kind of skeptical

Well no actually, getting an employee discount from a friend.
So which should i go for? PS50B550 or the LA46B750.
Is it really worth the premium of 33k over and above the B550?..
Or should i really shell out 60k more for the V10...

Thank you...

Well no actually, getting an employee discount from a friend.
So which should i go for? PS50B550 or the LA46B750.
Is it really worth the premium of 33k over and above the B550?..
Or should i really shell out 60k more for the V10...

Thank you...

well that is subjective this vs that,both are 2 different tech and different sizes.

well that is subjective this vs that,both are 2 different tech and different sizes.

Ya i know its not fair comparing those 2.
My main use is sports and gaming. B750 has high input lag wrt to gaming i believe and any day plasma is better for viewing sports, so leaning towards B550 itself...

My main use is sports and gaming. B750 has high input lag wrt to gaming i believe and any day plasma is better for viewing sports, so leaning towards B550 itself...

while plasmas do have a lower input lag,they aren't as sharp as lcds,which is why u might want to give a first or second look at the lg LH90,the IPS panel will have a lower input lag,lesser RTC errors.although i haven't seen it,but as with other ips based tvs motion is certainly better then va based ones from sony and samsung.

If you are a serious gamer you might notice the input lag on the B750. Sports will be good on the B750 equally with the advantage of the typical sharper pictures that you see on an LCD. Infact the B750 can resolve slightly more number of lines on fast moving images.The plasma though will meet both your needs

If you were to ask me personally considering overall picture quality between the 2 plasma TVs V10>B550.
Personally there are a few areas where the b750 may be better than the B550. Motion resolution,connectivity and deeper blacks though bluish.
Some tests reveal that the LH90 too has an input lag of around 45ms in normal modes and in game mode around 30 ms. The Samsung b750 has significantly higher input lag in normal mode. However in game mode it comes down to the same number. So input lag is almost the same.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back