New Vizio Tvs great specs and price

Rane-2020

Vizio launched its line up for 2020.very good tvs.the OLED has all the goodies CX.Infact it has HDR10+ and 48GB bandwidth which is missing in CX.Its cheaper than CX 1300 usd for 55 inch and 2000 usd for 65 inch.Too bad that its not coming to india anytime soon.

Its LCD lineup also might be one of the best if not the best this year.Its top of the line 85 inch tv has crazy 3000nits brightness and 800 dimming zones.If we go by last years spec this tv should have very good contrast ratio 15000:1 and wide color gamut 80% rec2020.It will be interesting to see if Vizio has added some layer to compensate for viewing angle.Its must for such a large tv.

The best part is the price 3000usd.I think its insane.the 75 inch and 65 inch will cost 2000 and 1500 respectively.

On paper at least the Vizio Tvs are looking like a killer deal.I am eagerly waiting rtings to review it.

Rane is a new membet so we can forgive him. .
He will soon get a sticker price shock to when he sees the same company release an inferior model at twice or thrice the US prices and then the hope balloon will go phut phut.
Actually on TCL is doing that bringing old and inferior models in india.The top 3 LG,Samsung and Sony are launching all their latest models here.

I agree that we pay more specially sony which is worst of 3.But at least we have all the latest tvs.The price difference is not 2-3 times nowdays.Its 20-30% for LG at least.

For example consider C9/CX which is the best tv IMO(you may have your favourite) will be for 1.2-1.3L in diwali with may be free extended warranty.Currently the CX is for 1700 usd if we assume it come down to 1300+taxes for black friday.then it comes to 1.02-1.07L approx.

Actually on TCL is doing that bringing old and inferior models in india.The top 3 LG,Samsung and Sony are launching all their latest models here.

I agree that we pay more specially sony which is worst of 3.But at least we have all the latest tvs.The price difference is not 2-3 times nowdays.Its 20-30% for LG at least.

For example consider C9/CX which is the best tv IMO(you may have your favourite) will be for 1.2-1.3L in diwali with may be free extended warranty.Currently the CX is for 1700 usd if we assume it come down to 1300+taxes for black friday.then it comes to 1.02-1.07L approx.
Cx is coming down to 1.02L after a lot of calculation(which i ignored)? Is this still 2020 we are talking about or are we in bladerunner 2048 territory? Also you almost seem to make 1.2 L look like normal for everyone. You know the sole reason for brands like tcl, vizio, hisense to exist? It's their budget category.(not the Indian version of budget ofc) And it's that what we are completely missing out on .... Getting at least acceptable performance at below 70k price range. No brands , absolutely no one is willing to offer us Indians that even if they are capable of doing the same for other markets, even though India is the cash cow for these kind of products. So i just don't understand. Do these companies think that we earn 2 times more than what people do in america or in other countries? We are still third world right? We need these budget tv s more than anyone and i'm willing to pay the extra for import duties that these companies have to bear but not the extra beefy profit margin on top of all that.

Last edited:
Cx is coming down to 1.02L after a lot of calculation? (which i ignored) Is this still 2020 we are talking about or are we in bladerunner 2048 territory? Also you almost seem like to make 1.2 L look normal for everyone. You know the sole reason for brands like tcl, vizio, hisense to exist? It's their budget category.(not the indian version of budget ofc) And it's that what are are completely missing out of .... Getting atelast acceptable eprformance at below 70k price range. No brands , absolutely no one is willing to offer us indians that even if they are capable of doing the same for other markets, even though india is the cash cow for these kind of products. So i just dont understand. Do these companies think that we earn 2 times more than what people do in america or in other countries? We are still third world right? We need these budget tv s more than anyone and i'm willing to pay the extra for import duties that these companies have to bear but not the extra beefy profit margin on top of all that.
I think you misunderstood me.I was just making a point that not every tv we are getting at 2-3 times.thats why i gave example of C9.

If you want another example then frame tv 55 inch is for 85k and its currently for 1400 usd which is 1lac+ in usa.I am pretty sure the tv will be around 75k near diwali.

My point is crying will not take us anywhere.I am tired of seeing oh we the victim kind of post.lets be real and practical.companies only gonna launch good tvs in 50-100k segment if they see demand for it.I see this as a business decision and not some biased against india.

Unless we as Indians demand good quality products with realistic prices, have a robust consumer protection in place, willing to pay for quality, discourage grey market alternatives, discard cheap alternatives despite being cheap, encourage showroom sales etc....

I think you misunderstood me.I was just making a point that not every tv we are getting at 2-3 times.thats why i gave example of C9.

If you want another example then frame tv 55 inch is for 85k and its currently for 1400 usd which is 1lac+ in usa.I am pretty sure the tv will be around 75k near diwali.

My point is crying will not take us anywhere.I am tired of seeing oh we the victim kind of post.lets be real and practical.companies only gonna launch good tvs in 50-100k segment if they see demand for it.I see this as a business decision and not some biased against india.
if you only offer your GOOD products at 80-120k range and customers have no other option i don't think we can call that "customer demand" rather than customers are being forced to swallow that amount of money for a decent product even if they are inflated. Lack of choice does not mean demand. My point is these companies take it to the extreme in Indian market. We are willing to bear the extra cost associated with transport and taxes but these companies get extra greedy and charge us exorbitantly even after all the taxes are done. In no way a tv should cost 70% more even after taxes in India. How much is the import duty btw? Even if a single individual were to import that stuff on his/her own it'd still cost less or same and here i'm talking about a brand importing it's range of products in bulk which should be waaaaay cheaper.

I think its more complex than that.Lets take you fav company TCL.If they decide to launch say series 6 tv.They need to sell x amout of tvs to make it viable.there is lot of planning goes in launching a new product and if there is very less demand the its not worth putting the effort.

If TCL launch series 6 tv for 75k.It still will be a tough sell for them because remember its not like 50-100k segment there is no competition.you have lots of option from Lg,Samsung and Sony in that range.Now tell what average customer suppose to do when he see a Sony tv for 75k and a TCL 6 series.what tv he is going to purchase.

The main issue is buying a good tv you should be aware of all the technical stuff.It took me months to understand what is OLED,LCD-LED,brightness,local dimming,zones,DSE,input lag,WCG and rec2020 etc etc.also there VA and IPS then there is coating to improve viewing angle.then motion and SOE and PQ curve and then other features like Hdmi 2.1 and eArc etc etc etc.It goes on and on and on.I am sure still there are many more things which i dont know.

Unless and until people know what exactly look for in a good tv we will not gonna see demand.In india i think our tv salespeople dont know this.even the so called youtubers in india dont know all this stuff.Unless it changes there will not be demand for TCL and Vizio and Hi-sense.

On a lighter note i still dont know why Vincent from HDTV show that martian scene for explaining Posterization :) in every tv test.

I think its more complex than that.Lets take you fav company TCL.If they decide to launch say series 6 tv.They need to sell x amout of tvs to make it viable.there is lot of planning goes in launching a new product and if there is very less demand the its not worth putting the effort.

If TCL launch series 6 tv for 75k.It still will be a tough sell for them because remember its not like 50-100k segment there is no competition.you have lots of option from Lg,Samsung and Sony in that range.Now tell what average customer suppose to do when he see a Sony tv for 75k and a TCL 6 series.what tv he is going to purchase.

The main issue is buying a good tv you should be aware of all the technical stuff.It took me months to understand what is OLED,LCD-LED,brightness,local dimming,zones,DSE,input lag,WCG and rec2020 etc etc.also there VA and IPS then there is coating to improve viewing angle.then motion and SOE and PQ curve and then other features like Hdmi 2.1 and eArc etc etc etc.It goes on and on and on.I am sure still there are many more things which i dont know.

Unless and until people know what exactly look for in a good tv we will not gonna see demand.In india i think our tv salespeople dont know this.even the so called youtubers in india dont know all this stuff.Unless it changes there will not be demand for TCL and Vizio and Hi-sense.

On a lighter note i still dont know why Vincent from HDTV show that martian scene for explaining Posterization :) in every tv test.
TCL is selling 70k tvs in bulk anyway, so my guess is if they gave their a+ product in that price instead of what they are giving (and making a profit i guess? ), it'd only solidify their goodwill in India. Think about oneplus and what it was, it was nobody and look at where it has reached, especially in India. Good product at a good price will always be appreciated without any complex theory or calculation, especially in 2020 where because of internet word of mouth and a little bit of advertisement ll do the trick just fine. It's just these companies greed, nothing else, no matter how you put it. Who wouldn't want to make a bigger profit without doing much?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back