OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Flipkart's CX55 1.32L deal is valid for Kerala as well. Just checked and it delivers to Thrissur. I'm sure you'll get it in Trivandrum as well. Use that price to further negotiate at RD or any other store.
Hi, Can you please tell me what is the saving we get by going through NoCost EMI route. I see the same final price to be paid whether I pay through NetBanking or NoCost EMI. please see the screenshot.
Went to a few more stores here, all have atrocious pricing.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    115.3 KB · Views: 39
Anybody's got a better deal than this
Wish I could afford this monster
Effective price after cashback and stuff is 1.25 to 1.28L

Hi, Can you please tell me what is the saving we get by going through NoCost EMI route. I see the same final price to be paid whether I pay through NetBanking or NoCost EMI. please see the screenshot.
Went to a few more stores here, all have atrocious pricing.
Alright, here's the basic principle:
According to RBI, there is no such thing as interest free EMI.
Any amount the bank lends you is basically a loan and interest has to be charged. End of story.

How do companies go over this rule? By giving an upfront discount such that the principal + interest = original promised amount.

Let's say the tv costs Rs. X.
If you buy it with upfront cash or a single credit card full transaction, it will cost you Rs. X.

But psychologically, it is easier for a customer to digest a high value purchase if the payment is split in instalments.

So, Flipkart essentially gives you an upfront discount such that:
(X - discount) + interest over N months = Rs. X.

In the above screenshot, the final value shown to you is 1,44,990. This is the final value of the tv. This does not factor in the no cost emi discount of 8109.

So when you make the purchase, what will be charged to your credit card is essentially 1,44,990 - 8109 = 1,36,881 (This is the amount by which your credit card limit will decrease).

But your monthly payment will be 16,110 for 9 months which includes principal and interest and finally it will amount to 1,44,990.

But, right after making the purchase, if you call the bank and foreclose the loan, they will ask you to pay the entire amount in the next 2-3 days. So you will only have to pay 1,36,881 + some foreclosure charges depending on the bank. Some banks don't charge anything for this sort of a purchase.

Also, you've only selected the 9 month plan which only gives a discount of 8109. Always look for the maximum number of months till which the no cost emi discount applies. I guess it's capped at 10k. So choose that and foreclose it immediately if you have that amount in your bank for a nice discount.

I've discussed this extensively with more examples in the following thread. Do check it out.

Anybody's got a better deal than this
Wish I could afford this monster
Effective price after cashback and stuff is 1.25 to 1.28L

I got 1.35L - 2k - cashback = 1.18L for CX.
1.17L - 2k - cashback = 1.01L for the BX.
Left out some hundreds for clarity.
Above only with EMI scheme. If paid upfront, cashback is like 7k for both.

Edit:
1.33L - cashback = 1.18L for A8G + some headphones (+ has horrendous remote).

65" models have more discount since not capped by 15k limit for cashback. Not much for 55" since it falls around the range baring some hundreds. So 15k limit or not doesn't matter.
BX has even lesser than 15k cashback (14.something), since they are calculating 15% after upfront payment of 4 months EMI which takes the price to <1L in case of BX. Other 2 has slightly more than 15k cashback.

Alright, here's the basic principle:
According to RBI, there is no such thing as interest free EMI.
Any amount the bank lends you is basically a loan and interest has to be charged. End of story.

How do companies go over this rule? By giving an upfront discount such that the principal + interest = original promised amount.

Let's say the tv costs Rs. X.
If you buy it with upfront cash or a single credit card full transaction, it will cost you Rs. X.

But psychologically, it is easier for a customer to digest a high value purchase if the payment is split in instalments.

So, Flipkart essentially gives you an upfront discount such that:
(X - discount) + interest over N months = Rs. X.

In the above screenshot, the final value shown to you is 1,44,990. This is the final value of the tv. This does not factor in the no cost emi discount of 8109.

So when you make the purchase, what will be charged to your credit card is essentially 1,44,990 - 8109 = 1,36,881 (This is the amount by which your credit card limit will decrease).

But your monthly payment will be 16,110 for 9 months which includes principal and interest and finally it will amount to 1,44,990.

But, right after making the purchase, if you call the bank and foreclose the loan, they will ask you to pay the entire amount in the next 2-3 days. So you will only have to pay 1,36,881 + some foreclosure charges depending on the bank. Some banks don't charge anything for this sort of a purchase.

Also, you've only selected the 9 month plan which only gives a discount of 8109. Always look for the maximum number of months till which the no cost emi discount applies. I guess it's capped at 10k. So choose that and foreclose it immediately if you have that amount in your bank for a nice discount.

I've discussed this extensively with more examples in the following thread. Do check it out.

I am still not clear who bears the 8109/- in this case. This is even after the 0% EMI which itself is a perk.
Can you explain if you get it?

I kind of get that it is advantageous to go with these offers for the longest loan periods offered as 0% EMI, just don't get how it works in the backstage.

Last edited:
I am still not clear who bears the 8109/- in this case. This is even after the 0% EMI which itself is a perk.
Can you explain if you get it?

I kind of get that it is advantageous to go with these offers for the longest loan periods offered as 0% EMI, just don't get how it works in the backstage.
I'm not very thorough with the economics behind it.
But from what I remember reading, the cost would be borne by LG as it gets more people to buy the product.
Some situations, there's even a partnership between the manufacturer and the bank, as it is a win-win for both, the manufacturer sells more units and the banks have more people taking loans from them.

This is even after the 0% EMI which itself is a perk.

Small correction regarding this point:
This is NOT even after the 0% EMI.
..This IS the 0% EMI.

The discount is how they're able to implement the 0% EMI because of RBI rules. If there's no discount, then no cost emi wouldn't be possible in the first place because of the RBI rule which states that there can be no interest fee loans. The discount is how they go about it.

To add to my point.
LG would have capped the minimum price at which the no cost emi would get triggered. Last I checked, for CX55 it was around 1,42,995. Although it is at the discretion of individual shops to sell it at this price or lower, but if they go lower than this then it will be a full upfront purchase and the no cost emi discount will not be possible.

So, theoretically speaking, there is no way anyone can buy the CX at a lower than minimum capped price AND get an emi cashback unless there is some bill tweaking or something similar being done in the background.

LG mandates the minimum cap amount and it can change at any time.

Yes, A8H. Shop person said it had just hit the shelf . I kept asking for CX, he kept leading me to the A8H. He was going on about how superior it is to the CX.
Ended up buying 65x9500g from croma, LB nagar, Hyderabad. Got it for 1.35 (after icici card discount of 10k) and Oakter smarthome kit whose MRP is 24990 but is available on amazon for around 9k. I was told its was one of only 2 pieces available in Hyderabad, but units were available at other locations and can be supplied here in a week's time. Bought additional 2 yr warranty for 9k.

Reason: Upscaling was a top priority for me as I have a huge collection of DVDs and Blurays that I collected over a long time (easily worth more than the tvs I was looking to buy). From reviews, it looked like the X1 ultimate processor is the best in upscaling, even over LGs oleds. Didn't want to spend over 2 lakhs for a8h.

I guess I don't belong in this thread any more!

Ended up buying 65x9500g from croma, LB nagar, Hyderabad. Got it for 1.35 (after icici card discount of 10k) and Oakter smarthome kit whose MRP is 24990 but is available on amazon for around 9k. I was told its was one of only 2 pieces available in Hyderabad, but units were available at other locations and can be supplied here in a week's time. Bought additional 2 yr warranty for 9k.

Reason: Upscaling was a top priority for me as I have a huge collection of DVDs and Blurays that I collected over a long time (easily worth more than the tvs I was looking to buy). From reviews, it looked like the X1 ultimate processor is the best in upscaling, even over LGs oleds. Didn't want to spend over 2 lakhs for a8h.

I guess I don't belong in this thread any more!
A big thank you to the members of this forum. I relied heavily on the inputs of members for my decision.

Upscaling was a top priority for me as I have a huge collection of DVDs and Blurays that I collected over a long time (easily worth more than the tvs I was looking to buy). From reviews, it looked like the X1 ultimate processor is the best in upscaling, even over LGs oleds.
My experience watching 480p ripped movies thru Shield TV on 55X9500G is a bit of a downer, the SD resolution and the noise artifacts are clearly visible on the TV. I tried 1080p output on the Shield (lowest available) assuming X9500G will do a better job upscaling to 4k, but not much of a difference. I will try the DVD in a Sony BDP and check out, but I am not expecting any magic. I guess this will be the same with any 50in or bigger 4k TV.
If you are banking on your DVD/480p/576p collection and 50inch or bigger 4K TVs, think again.

My experience watching 480p ripped movies thru Shield TV on 55X9500G is a bit of a downer, the SD resolution and the noise artifacts are clearly visible on the TV. I tried 1080p output on the Shield (lowest available) assuming X9500G will do a better job upscaling to 4k, but not much of a difference. I will try the DVD in a Sony BDP and check out, but I am not expecting any magic. I guess this will be the same with any 50in or bigger 4k TV.
If you are banking on your DVD/480p/576p collection and 50inch or bigger 4K TVs, think again.
Agree. min 1080p (3-4 GB file size for a movie) is required for decent watching and 10-20GB file size for getting real sense of TVs PQ. Anything below that is no big difference on any TV. I demoed a lot of 65 inch TVs with 720p file and while X95G was better, none of the TVs made any big difference. I don't think Nvidia Shield earlier versions do any real upscaling, yet to get hands on a 2019 Shield Pro and hoping for some black friday deals on amazon.com

... I don't think Nvidia Shield earlier versions do any real upscaling, yet to get hands on a 2019 Shield Pro and hoping for some black friday deals on amazon.com
I have a 2019 STV, but I guess for it to excel in AI based upscaling, it needs a minimum of 1080p base content.

I have a 2019 STV, but I guess for it to excel in AI based upscaling, it needs a minimum of 1080p base content.
I heard shield pro upscales only content from few sources like YouTube, Netflix etc.. not all sources content is going to be upsacled. Also it will select automatically ai upscaling/enhanced based on source, so u can know in this way. After updates shield pro added sd content and some 60fps live content upscaling too.

Below are negotiated OLED tv prices valid for next 3 days in hyderabad.
All these carry additional CC cash back of 7.5k or emi cash back of 15k if you have a credit card.

If you want reference, please PM me.

LG :
(2k discount is by lucky draw. You get either of fridge, washing machine, AC or 2k discount. Mostly 2k discount for mortals.)
Any cash back is above this.
55BX - 1.12L - 2k
55CX - 1.22L - 2k
65BX - 1.58L - 2k
65CX - 1.69L - 2k

Sony: (Free headphones)
55A8G - 1.32L
65A8G - 1.92L
65A8H - 2.18L

All these carry additional CC cash back of 7.5k or emi cash back of 15k if you have a credit card.

LG :
(2k discount is by lucky draw. You get either of fridge, washing machine, AC or 2k discount. Mostly 2k discount for mortals.)
55BX - 1.12L - 2k
55CX - 1.22L - 2k
65BX - 1.58L - 2k
65CX - 1.69L - 2k

55A8G - 1.32L
65A8G - 1.92L
65A8H - 2.18L
Is this from Vijay Sales?

LG :
55BX - 1.12L - 2k
55CX - 1.22L - 2k
65BX - 1.58L - 2k
65CX - 1.69L - 2k

55A8G - 1.32L
65A8G - 1.92L
65A8H - 2.18L
These are unbelievable prices.please tell me which store ?

LG :
55BX - 1.12L - 2k
55CX - 1.22L - 2k
65BX - 1.58L - 2k
65CX - 1.69L - 2k

55A8G - 1.32L
65A8G - 1.92L
65A8H - 2.18L
Please PM the Store name

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back