OLED TV's price/best quote thread

I am being told that there's a 10% Citibank cashback (capped at 7.5k) on LG for a store purchase.
Not able to find any info online. There are some city based offers but none for Lucknow.
Any idea anyone ?

I am being told that there's a 10% Citibank cashback (capped at 7.5k) on LG for a store purchase.
Not able to find any info online. There are some city based offers but none for Lucknow.
Any idea anyone ?
I'm guessing you're referring to the no cost emi cashback that gets triggered after 90 days. If yes, it isn't limited to citibank and can be availed with others as well provided you take the tv on a no cost emi plan of minimum 6 months.

I'm guessing you're referring to the no cost emi cashback that gets triggered after 90 days. If yes, it isn't limited to citibank and can be availed with others as well provided you take the tv on a no cost emi plan of minimum 6 months.
No, I'm being told that it is a flat cashback after 90 days. No mention of EMI.

No, I'm being told that it is a flat cashback after 90 days. No mention of EMI.
Oh, okay. Do check when this offer came into play. If it was this week or a few days back, then I'm not sure because I haven't enquired about offer updates yet.

But if it was there for a long time, then I'm reasonably sure that this is the same emi cashback that he is referring to.

Also, that is how no cost emi works for these store purchases. They give a capped cashback amount after 90 days. Minimum emi period is 6 months. The cashback is almost equivalent to the interest charged and hence the no cost concept.

And I'm guessing it's not just a coincidence that this citibank thing that you're referring to is also 7.5k.
It covers most banks. Just confirm with them again.

Wonder how EMI cash back works, any idea?
We have reached a stage where outright purchase is more costly than the final EMI amount paid till the EMI tenure.

I don't understand the logic behind this, anyone?
It is like some one lending for a loss, Why would anyone even do that?

Wonder how EMI cash back works, any idea?
We have reached a stage where outright purchase is more costly than the final EMI amount paid till the EMI tenure.

I don't understand the logic behind this, anyone?
It is like some one lending for a loss, Why would anyone even do that?
Long story short, if there is a no cost emi option, always go for it and take the highest tenure possible as long as it is no cost. You're supposed to do this even if you have the entire money for an immediate upfront cash purchase. If you don't take the no cost emi route, you are losing money.

The logic is basically buyer psychology. You are more likely to make a purchase when they break down the payments and make it easy for you to digest. So the companies are willing to absorb that small discount.

Also, if you look at it the other way, they might have also inflated the prices in such a way that the price after getting the cashback is the normal price that they intended to sell but raised it so that they can give a discount. And anyone who does not opt for it is losing money.

Anyway, I had discussed this in depth in an earlier thread over here.
Check this out.

55 inch would very much work for that distance. Even 65 inch would be fine.
Actually I read online that the size of the TV should be divided by 2 in inches for your viewing distance hence the question.. I think a 65" which i already have will be too big for the room.

For that distance,65 inch is good if you intend to watch primarily HD ,4k content.Dont go below 55 inch.
I was also considering a Projector probably a short throw one.. Just for preventing too much of screen time for the eyes.. Would you recommend a projector which definitely would be expensive but not at the cost of eyes..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back