OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Croma outlets in Chennai tried not to negotiate much last year. They are now clearing unsold CX in the name of demo pieces (or they can't justify selling them for this low) for 1.69 lakhs. One salesman who has quit his job told me that they had so many offers at 2.05 lakhs which they let go as they wanted 2.14 final price and the same sets are sold for 45 k less as clearing the inventory is a big deal for them now.

Croma outlets in Chennai tried not to negotiate much last year. They are now clearing unsold CX in the name of demo pieces (or they can't justify selling them for this low) for 1.69 lakhs. One salesman who has quit his job told me that they had so many offers at 2.05 lakhs which they let go as they wanted 2.14 final price and the same sets are sold for 45 k less as clearing the inventory is a big deal for them now.
Absolutely! And devious.
The showroom people are bound by targets, but their sales bosses set prices. End result: what you said.
But the consumer, or at the least FMs, should see through it, and drive hard.
IMHO, the moment we start falling for traps like bring bill, etc, we should know we will be the eventual losers.

Why LG G1 is quoting below LG C1 ; even being its a newer version and have better spec ( EVO panel , voice assistant) ,any idea ?

Why LG G1 is quoting below LG C1 ; even being its a newer version and have better spec ( EVO panel , voice assistant) ,any idea ?
Availability in the warehouse. Plain and simple.
Nothing wrong with the evo panel, if you are worried about that. It really goes brighter than the C1.
And the imbalance in india has happened cos the only other plus is the flush wall mount, which is not really a big draw in india.

People don't mind mounting cx, c1 with a slight gap vs a gapless mount at 30-50k difference.

The evo panel is made up of another organic material, a better isotope of hydrogen (duterium if I recall) which is claimed to be better equipped to handle burn in issues theoritically. However you won't notice any difference for atleast a year or so as newer technologies take a consolidation cool off period to set in. The initial introduction will be bettered in the days to come and so this year's G1 is viewed like a prototype launched with a circumspect not knowing if it would click among the masses or not but having said that, it looks like a golden opportunity for the consumers to buy at attractive prices.

I got a LG C1 Oled 55" from Amazon for around 1.33 and had it stand mounted .
I was contemplating putting a silky bedsheet over it , when not in use - but my better half has torpedoed the idea . The PVC TV covers on amazon , flipkart - are they going to scratch the TV ? Any of guys use covers for TV when not in use. I wouldnt bother if it were wall mounted , but its Stand mounted as of now , so kind of worried .

The evo panel is made up of another organic material, a better isotope of hydrogen (duterium if I recall) which is claimed to be better equipped to handle burn in issues theoritically. However you won't notice any difference for atleast a year or so as newer technologies take a consolidation cool off period to set in. The initial introduction will be bettered in the days to come and so this year's G1 is viewed like a prototype launched with a circumspect not knowing if it would click among the masses or not but having said that, it looks like a golden opportunity for the consumers to buy at attractive prices.
My entire buying decision was based on this. Also note its a more efficient panel, for the same brightness it requires less power to be pumped in. Less watts going into the panel = longer life of the pixels while still retaining good brightness levels.

Really wish LG had gone the Sony route and added a heatsink like the A90J. But anyways that TV costs an arm and a leg so its a fair compromise i guess.

My entire buying decision was based on this. Also note its a more efficient panel, for the same brightness it requires less power to be pumped in. Less watts going into the panel = longer life of the pixels while still retaining good brightness levels.

Really wish LG had gone the Sony route and added a heatsink like the A90J. But anyways that TV costs an arm and a leg so its a fair compromise i guess.
Evo will grow up on consumers.

I was contemplating putting a silky bedsheet over it , when not in use - but my better half has torpedoed the idea . The PVC TV covers on amazon , flipkart - are they going to scratch the TV ? Any of guys use covers for TV when not in use. I wouldnt bother if it were wall mounted , but its Stand mounted as of now , so kind of worried .
I wouldn’t do it. You are likely to cause damage even with a silk sheet. I don’t see any benefit of covering it. The other half is right even though the reason may be different.

Initially I use to use an old synthetic curtain, smooth type to cover. Then got lazy.
Satin cloth, blouse piece silk or any smooth synthetic material will work as long as it is lightweight.
Cheers,
Raghu

I will never do it, OLED TVs are thin and looks amazing even when they are turned off because of thin profile. Also any piece of material could cause scratches while placing or removing it.

I have seen few people doesn't remove the protection covers on front and back of the screen of the TVs these plastic sheets are installed to prevent scratches during transport and installation. TV manufacturers clearly mentions to remove them before turning on the TV for the 1st time.

I will never do it, OLED TVs are thin and looks amazing even when they are turned off because of thin profile. Also any piece of material could cause scratches while placing or removing it.

I have seen few people doesn't remove the protection covers on front and back of the screen of the TVs these plastic sheets are installed to prevent scratches during transport and installation. TV manufacturers clearly mentions to remove them before turning on the TV for the 1st time.
Yup. One fine day someone yanks the sheet of the tv and it gets caught on the tv, bringing it down.

1. Does too much dust enter your TV room?
2. Can you find a solution where you can score a giant swathe of microfibre and stitch it to your TV's dimension?
3. Can you ensure there will be no tugging at it and resultant snagging in the room (by kids, pets, etc)

Yes+Yes+Yes means you should go for it. But everything depends on answer to 1.

If it is an Yes for 1, even what Raghu has suggested above will work really well.
Cheers and enjoy the TV.

Yup. One fine day someone yanks the sheet of the tv and it gets caught on the tv, bringing it down.

1. Does too much dust enter your TV room?
2. Can you find a solution where you can score a giant swathe of microfibre and stitch it to your TV's dimension?
3. Can you ensure there will be no tugging at it and resultant snagging in the room (by kids, pets, etc)

Yes+Yes+Yes means you should go for it. But everything depends on answer to 1.

If it is an Yes for 1, even what Raghu has suggested above will work really well.
Cheers and enjoy the TV.
Don't get it form fitted. Just have it a bit oversized.
If the height of the TV is "X" inches use a cover that is "X+8" inches.
Give 3" on either side as well.
If the cloth is light and smooth, like satin or blouse material, even if someone yanks it, it just comes off.
Try it. If it works, good; you have peace of mind. If not, you'll have some fancy wipe cloth ;)

Cheers,
Raghu

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back