OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Hey there guys,

Since people seem to be PMing me and asking for more details on the official Extended Warranty details, I thought I'd post here for everyone.

Yes. I did buy the official extended warranty for my G1 65. Here's how it is...

This was sent directly by the dealer as well as the installation guy who came to my place. As you can see, there are three types given in there.

1. Festive Offer Price.
2. Within 30 days Price.
3. Normal Price.

Now, even though it says "Festive Offer", it's actually "on the spot" offer, meaning you have to pay the money on the spot (or agree to get it and pay within a couple of days) and that's the price you'll get. If you let them go and call LG "within 30 days", you'll have to pay the increased price. And if not done within 30 days, you have to pay the "normal price".

Now, since I had bought the G1 65, if I chose to pay on the spot, I only had to pay 29750. If not and I chose to pay "within 30 days", I'd have to pay 45k + GST = 50k. If not, then normal price being 88k + GST = 104k.

I really wanted the LG extended warranty, so I chose the "festive offer/on the spot offer" and I paid them 30k cash for that 5-year peace of mind. BTW, do remember that you cannot use you credit card. It has to be cash, cheque or Google Pay. That's it.

Lemme know if you have any more questions.

Last edited:
@avikchaks @k-pad @raghupb

Since you guys seem to be interested in a cover, I thought I'd share my experience there. Even I wanted a good quality cover for my G1 65 as it will only be used on the weekends and I didn't want it to gather dust for the rest of the 5 days. So, what I did was went to my local tailor, brought him home and showed him the TV. He took some measurements and we went back to his shop. There, I chose a shirt piece :p, which was pure cotton and super soft and not that heavy. I made sure the cloth was soft and won't scratch/damage the panel. Weight is important here because since it's the G1, it's installed flush to the wall and there's no backside for the cover to hold onto, except half an inch around the edges.

Nonetheless, I told him to use his imagination and get the cover made. He said he'll put in elastic bands and that I can simply snap the cover onto the TV :D I told him not to make the elastic too tight.

Anyways, this was yesterday and he's supposed to give me the cover today. Once I have it, I'll put it on and share some pics :)

PS: I too had the idea of getting a big ass microfiber cloth and get it stitched together, but I live in a small town, and I really don't think I'll get a big enough microfiber cloth here to get it stitched, so this was the next best option. Maybe in the future if I can source a big microfiber cloth, I'll switch to it :)

PPS: No kids here and my wife has her own TV in the living room. The G1 65 is in my bedroom;)

Last edited:
@avikchaks @k-pad @raghupb

Since you guys seem to be interested in a cover, I thought I'd share my experience there. Even I wanted a good quality cover for my G1 65 as it will only be used on the weekends and I didn't want it to gather dust for the rest of the 5 days. So, what I did was went to my local tailor, brought him home and showed him the TV. He took some measurements and we went back to his shop. There, I chose a shirt piece :p, which was pure cotton and super soft and not that heavy. I made sure the cloth was soft and won't scratch/damage the panel. Weight is important here because since it's the G1, it's installed flush to the wall and there's no backside for the cover to hold onto, except half an inch around the edges.

Nonetheless, I told him to use his imagination and get the cover made. He said he'll put in elastic bands and that I can simply snap the cover onto the TV :D I told him not to make the elastic too tight.
I think you are on to something and your man really knows what he is doing. (From how he said he knows how much elasticity)
The stuff on Avik-da's post was also kinda cool. Will wait for his experience too.

Anyways, this was yesterday and he's supposed to give me the cover today. Once I have it, I'll put it on and share some pics :)
Please, please share when it comes home.
PS: I too had the idea of getting a big ass microfiber cloth and get it switched together, but I live in a small town, and I really don't think I'll get a big enough microfiber cloth to get it switched, so this was the next best option. Maybe in the future if I can source a big microfiber cloth, I'll switch to it :)

PPS: No kids here and my wife has her own TV in the living room. The G1 65 is in my bedroom;)
Mean boy! :p

@ravihpa
Seems like you decided on a fitted bedsheet style cover for the TV.
On the cotton part, wash the fabric a few times to get rid of lint.
The reason I suggested silk/synthetic/satin is because they are lint free.
We don't use a cover anymore because we got lazy after a couple of months.
But I do have another super goodie to dust out the electronics.
The humble "Ostrich feather duster"

Cheers,
Raghu

@ravihpa

Cheers,
Raghu
Another great solution!
Serious question: how to keep that thing clean and dustfree?

enquired with croma , pretty horrible quotes. more over he didnt even know the difference between C1 and CX // he kept blabbering that C1X (his model numbering) is different from what others provide. He didnt even budge when i said there is no such models.. idiots..
He was trying to push towards some LED samsung crap.. saying it will have long life my @ss...
Naveen, C1X is indeed a valid C1 model. There are two C1 models, ptz and xtz if I'm not wrong. There aren't any major differences between the two except for the back panel color it seems. Saw this in another thread here.

Naveen, C1X is indeed a valid C1 model. There are two C1 models, ptz and xtz if I'm not wrong. There aren't any major differences between the two except for the back panel color it seems. Saw this in another thread here.
But numbering system from lg stops with x or 1 or 9 right..

Yeah it was me who asked what the difference between ptz and xtz since both priced differently.

LG 48 C1 in Mumbai
Croma - 1L - 3k - 10k = Rs. 87k - Three Years Warranty
With 5 Year Warranty - Rs. 95.4k

LG Brand store matching 87k price but charging 14.5k for extended warranty vs 9k with Croma.
Good Deal?

Last edited:
Today RD in Delhi called with an offer of 2.22 +cashback for 65G1 on preorder to be delivered in a week ,nobody seems to budging much for 65C1. Current yr prices for 65C1 were expected to be near 65CX last diwali prices but not happening.

@ravihpa

Cheers,
Raghu
Uh, aren't you afraid the "Ostrich feather duster" will create static? I'd totally freak out if it did and wouldn't let it touch the TV under any circumstance.

Finally Bought 65 Lg G1 at 2,17500 + CB at RD + Rs 2000 Reliance Trends coupons yesterday, in Delhi, expected to be delivered today, coming from their warehouse direct. Couldn't wait any longer.

Finally Bought 65 Lg G1 at 2,17500 + CB at RD + Rs 2000 Reliance Trends coupons yesterday, expected to be delivered today, coming from their warehouse direct. Couldn't wait any longer

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back