OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Hi, got thr following prices from LG shop in mumbai: (all prices after CC cashback)

B2 55': 97k
B2 65': 144k

C2 55' 113k
C2 65': 165k

What is FM's pov on these prices. Want to understand what price should i try and negotiate for?

Also, while i realise C2 & B2 price diff is small, if i watch only OTT, will B2 be enough for my requirements?
Is there a 48 inch B2?

Any recent quotes available on G2 series 55" and 65"? Also does anyone know if G2 is also carrying 5 years warranty as G1 used to do? I looked at the website for warranty information without much luck, guess I didnt get to the right place and could only see the 5yrs warranty as a promotional offer only. Thanks.

Apparently price difference is not that big. Got an improved offer on the C2 48. 101000 and 4k cashback on top. Also had a 96.5k offer but apparently was valid for that day only.

Seems LG is pricing the C2 aggressively. Shops also pushing the C2 more than C1 for some reason.

C1 no one’s quoting under 94.5k for now.

Would be nice to find anyone from Kolkata looking to get a C2. Pretty sure can negotiate a bit if buying more than a single piece
Yeah bro, i am planning for 55 inch C2 in kolkata. Let me know bro if you are also looking.

Yeah bro, i am planning for 55 inch C2 in kolkata. Let me know bro if you are also looking.
I have actually decided to hold off this purchase for now. There has been significant progress in terms of picture quality in alternative technologies like qd-oled and mini-led. As this will be a long term purchase for me, I'd like to wait till next year and see how these technologies mature.

I have actually decided to hold off this purchase for now. There has been significant progress in terms of picture quality in alternative technologies like qd-oled and mini-led. As this will be a long term purchase for me, I'd like to wait till next year and see how these technologies mature.
Next year you'll want to wait one more year for LG to implement micro-lens stuff, QD-OLED to get some other feature, or QNED tech to arrive. There will always be year-over-year improvements.

Better to get something you can easily afford. If it's too expensive for you, step down a level and buy that one or step down in screen size. For example, if someone spent $4000 last year and got the 65" A90J which was out of his budget, he would be totally disappointed at seeing the 65" A95K this year being so much better and even cheaper OLEDs like G2 beating it.

Get something which is comfortably in your budget now. Year-over-year improvements will always happen. And TBH this is a good year to buy a TV. The improvement over last year is significant. Next year it's unlikely we'll get much.

LG 65 OLED C2 price in Chennai after all discounts is coming around 1.9 Lakhs with 3 yrs warranty. is it worth it or still we can bargain, Girias dealer telling this is the best he can give.

Next year you'll want to wait one more year for LG to implement micro-lens stuff, QD-OLED to get some other feature, or QNED tech to arrive. There will always be year-over-year improvements.

Better to get something you can easily afford. If it's too expensive for you, step down a level and buy that one or step down in screen size. For example, if someone spent $4000 last year and got the 65" A90J which was out of his budget, he would be totally disappointed at seeing the 65" A95K this year being so much better and even cheaper OLEDs like G2 beating it.

Get something which is comfortably in your budget now. Year-over-year improvements will always happen. And TBH this is a good year to buy a TV. The improvement over last year is significant. Next year it's unlikely we'll get much.
Totally agree with this. Do you suggest G2 over A95K considering this QD OLED is slightly better than G2 however the price difference between them is too big!! My purpose is to use it mainly for HDR movies and web series content for now. I'm considering G2 while on tight budget for a 65" size.

LG 65 OLED C2 price in Chennai after all discounts is coming around 1.9 Lakhs with 3 yrs warranty. is it worth it or still we can bargain, Girias dealer telling this is the best he can give.
I'd suggest you should wait for festival discount to show up in just another month, you should be able to get G2 over C2 around the same budget during the festival offer if my calculation is not way too far.
I'm looking to buy one in Bangalore and it'd be a good idea if we can gather and go for a group purchase if there are other members in the town waiting to make the purchase this season.

Totally agree with this. Do you suggest G2 over A95K considering this QD OLED is slightly better than G2 however the price difference between them is too big!! My purpose is to use it mainly for HDR movies and web series content for now. I'm considering G2 while on tight budget for a 65" size.
I'm also deciding between these two only. Went to a couple of showrooms this week but they only had C2 and A80K.

AFAIK,
G2:
  • Better blacks in ambient light due to polarizer on the screen. QD-OLEDs look purple/grey.
  • In bright white scenes it's the brightest TV around.
  • 4 HDMI 2.1 ports v/s 2 on the Sony
  • G-sync, freesync and proper HGIG for a better gaming experience.
  • Dolby Vision at 4k 120Hz. Also, LG usually does tone-map Dolby Vision the best and has least bugs
  • Cheaper by about 1 lakh rupees
  • Has a 55" option if you just need something personal for the bedroom for cheap.
A95K:
  • Higher colour luminance
  • Higher colour gamut
  • Should be more resistant to burn-in, theoretically
  • Overall higher PQ and Sony's processing
  • Better sound
  • Support of DTS codec
I usually go back and forth between them. But considering the major price difference, if the PQ difference isn't that large I'll go with the G2. Will upgrade in 4-5 years when QD-OLED will be available in 77" and will have better polarization.
I'm looking to buy one in Bangalore and it'd be a good idea if we can gather and go for a group purchase if there are other members in the town waiting to make the purchase this season.
I'm mostly shifting to Bangalore next month too (in the midst of a job switch). Would love to go and check out the TVs side by side and negotiate.

Get something which is comfortably in your budget now. Year-over-year improvements will always happen. And TBH this is a good year to buy a TV. The improvement over last year is significant. Next year it's unlikely we'll get much.that QD-OLED tech is going to outperform the current tech?

Do you mean to say that QD OLED tech is much better value for money and is going to replace the current tech sooner?

I'm also deciding between these two only. Went to a couple of showrooms this week but they only had C2 and A80K.

AFAIK,
G2:
  • Better blacks in ambient light due to polarizer on the screen. QD-OLEDs look purple/grey.
  • In bright white scenes it's the brightest TV around.
  • 4 HDMI 2.1 ports v/s 2 on the Sony
  • G-sync, freesync and proper HGIG for a better gaming experience.
  • Dolby Vision at 4k 120Hz. Also, LG usually does tone-map Dolby Vision the best and has least bugs
  • Cheaper by about 1 lakh rupees
  • Has a 55" option if you just need something personal for the bedroom for cheap.
A95K:
  • Higher colour luminance
  • Higher colour gamut
  • Should be more resistant to burn-in, theoretically
  • Overall higher PQ and Sony's processing
  • Better sound
  • Support of DTS codec
I usually go back and forth between them. But considering the major price difference, if the PQ difference isn't that large I'll go with the G2. Will upgrade in 4-5 years when QD-OLED will be available in 77" and will have better polarization.

I'm mostly shifting to Bangalore next month too (in the midst of a job switch). Would love to go and check out the TVs side by side and negotiate.
This is good news! Let's catch up when you are in Bangalore and ready to get one of these, I'm planning to start visiting stores as soon as the festival offers arrive.
What is your opinion about Samsung S95B? I have not heard about it and its prices, is that not available anywhere in India? Some reviews I have gone over talks very highly about it, surely better brightness and other QD-OLED benefits over WOLED LG and price isn't that high as Sony A95K (international market). I was thinking about that as well with only one concern, it doesn't have Dolby Vision. Most of the content that I see is from Netflix, Prime Video like streaming sources where lot of content is in DV. I'm just trying to understand what would a DV content from Netflix look like on S95B when compared with G2!

anyone else planning for buying in Chennai for C2 or G2 . the final quote am getting till today is 1.9L for C2 :(
Might be worth taking this quotation to Reliance Digital or Chroma and asking them to do better.

If not, if you can wait till early October, you might get better deals with festive sales.

We've seen 1.7L etc on this forum in other cities, although I don't think it includes 3 year warranty.

How much inch size TV this price was?
65 inch
is this with CC cashback?
does LG sell the optional stand for LG G2 in India?
without cash back ICICI cash back another 10k. They give only one option for stand either table or wallmount not both
Might be worth taking this quotation to Reliance Digital or Chroma and asking them to do better.

If not, if you can wait till early October, you might get better deals with festive sales.

We've seen 1.7L etc on this forum in other cities, although I don't think it includes 3 year warranty.
reliance digital is where is quote initially from , now Girias is trying to better this quote,

I feel this is the best quote, if I put the icici cash back price effectively comes to 1.8

This is good news! Let's catch up when you are in Bangalore and ready to get one of these, I'm planning to start visiting stores as soon as the festival offers arrive.
What is your opinion about Samsung S95B? I have not heard about it and its prices, is that not available anywhere in India? Some reviews I have gone over talks very highly about it, surely better brightness and other QD-OLED benefits over WOLED LG and price isn't that high as Sony A95K (international market). I was thinking about that as well with only one concern, it doesn't have Dolby Vision. Most of the content that I see is from Netflix, Prime Video like streaming sources where lot of content is in DV.
S95B doesn’t seem to be releasing in India. So I am completely ignoring that.

Regarding whether to get that over the G2 or not if it was available, I’m not sure. it’s better in PQ a bit but a lot buggier and has some major misses like Dolby Vision.
I'm just trying to understand what would a DV content from Netflix look like on S95B when compared with G2!
That’s a good question. Honestly the lack of DV just means the TV will play HDR10 instead. In my experience DV looks very slightly better because of better tone mapping. But these TVs have inbuilt dynamic tone mapping too.

That said the PQ difference is minor too, so IDK.

Anyway since it’s not available, no point worrying about it.

Do you mean to say that QD OLED tech is much better value for money and is going to replace the current tech sooner?
It will bring more competition to the market and that should influence the prices. It is, however, not likely to replace the current tech; just co-exist.

Back