OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Light lightgamer says, go for Samsung's mini LED offerings. Samsung QN95b with local dimming has contrast ratio of ~ 19000:1. Sony does not give more than 7000:1 in 95k or 90k series.
Lack of Dolby vision is a major drawback with Samsung tvs. Dolby vision is increasingly becoming the dominant standard for high definition content.

Lack of Dolby vision is a major drawback with Samsung tvs. Dolby vision is increasingly becoming the dominant standard for high definition content.
How to explain based on what i think(my personal opinion). Once in Czech republic capital, Prague, i went from pillar to post in look out for the much hyped Charles Bridge. But later I realised, i had passed through Charles Bridge 5 times already and did not realise, that bridge with gargoyles and mannequins was Charles Bridge. I was thinking it would be out of the world feeling. But my cousin who went there last week has not stopped talking about how great it is based on hype. Same way Dolby Vision is a huge marketing gimmicks as Samsung TVs have their own standards that match DV. A DV licenced TV placed next to a Samsung mini LED will not beat the Samsung flagship.

Went price hunting today. Got below quotes. Are they any good or will it drop more around Deepawali

LG C2 77" - ₹4.21L (including LG SP8A soundbar and excluding ₹20k CC cashback)

LG C2 77" - ₹3.81L without soundbar and excluding ₹20K cashback

LG G2 65" - ₹2.33 L with Lg Gx soundbar and excluding ₹14k CC cashback

LG G2 65" - ₹1.96 L without soundbar and excluding ₹14k CC cashback

I am looking for 77" G2 but they are unavailable at all stores.

If you want a TV for a bright room, you should look at Samsung offerings or the X95 series. X90 series aren’t that bright either.

And if the room is so bright you can probably get by with a cheaper TV too like the VU masterpiece glo. That TV is 1000 nits.

My opinion is that a TV for living room should be as cheap and bright as possible. That ambient light will kill picture quality anyway.
Isnt VU masterpice glo 800 nits?X90K is also around 800 nits.

also, i would not buy personally buy VU.especially after seeing its product page.it says and i quote

"Vu Masterpiece TV features the industry-leading quantum dot technology (QLED), which allows for superlative contrast ratios and inky blacks, giving you a magnificent experience."

How can we trust a company writing such nonsense

Went price hunting today. Got below quotes. Are they any good or will it drop more around Deepawali

This is a dream price for a 77" OLED. It was going at around 5+ and not less for years and years. If it comes to 3.25 lakhs it is a good buy.

LG G2 65" - ₹2.33 L with Lg Gx soundbar and excluding ₹14k CC cashback

LG G2 65" - ₹1.96 L without soundbar and excluding ₹14k CC cashback

I am looking for 77" G2 but they are unavailable at all stores.
These are great prices. Can you please let us know which city and store?

Isnt VU masterpice glo 800 nits?X90K is also around 800 nits.
There was an FM(@Alphaforest) who measured around 1000 nits on his unit.
X90K is also around 800 nits.
Yeah, but it's twice the price.
also, i would not buy personally buy VU.especially after seeing its product page.it says and i quote

"Vu Masterpiece TV features the industry-leading quantum dot technology (QLED), which allows for superlative contrast ratios and inky blacks, giving you a magnificent experience."

How can we trust a company writing such nonsense
Every company does this. Let me google for 5 minutes and prove it to you:

Sony X80K:
Breathtaking colours make everything so real

Hear high quality sound
Designed to complement the sound quality and slimness of the TV with its unique new shape, our X-Balanced Speaker drives movies and music with clear sound.

Experience the thrills of the cinema

Supreme pictures and sound, whatever the environment
Go and visit Sony/Samsung/LG website and look at their mediocre TVs. They all mention this kind of stuff in marketing material.

Apparently mentioning low contrast, low brightness, mediocre PQ and shit sound quality doesn't sell TVs.

Is there any group buy going on for C2/G2 ? If anyone is planning for a group buy, please point me to the related thread or group.
There will be group buys in a few weeks when we start getting Diwali pricing.
I'm contemplating move to Bangalore and will start a group by for whatever city I'm in for sure (A95K or G2).

Where? I mean which retailer?
I see we have at least a few folks here planning to get C2/G2 this festival season and we see some decent offers as well here. If timings are matching, we can go with a group purchase and that would surely help get a good deal. Either a thread on this forum or a WA group are something we can think of others are interested.

There will be group buys in a few weeks when we start getting Diwali pricing.
I'm contemplating move to Bangalore and will start a group by for whatever city I'm in for sure (A95K or G2).
Please consider me, I'd love to be part of the group. Thanks.

There was an FM(@Alphaforest) who measured around 1000 nits on his unit
Yes in the 25% window the measurement was 968 nits. The Colors were also decently accurate after calibration, however out of the box they were horrible. The poor blacks is the real issue with this TV. It is after all an ADS panel. Since the TV is for my parents, it doesn’t matter as they are not picky however I myself cannot use that TV. I’d still try to find Sony X90J if available in any of the stores or get a 55inch version of X90K. If the room isn’t overly bright then I’d go with an OLED tv without thinking twice. Also VU has a lot of stupid marketing hyper, just like any other manufacturer, I suggest not calling for it. That includes the speakers. They are at best a 40-60 watt average quality speaker.

Edit1: The TV has poor tracking in PQ EOTF curve. This will affect HDR performance

Last edited:
This is a dream price for a 77" OLED. It was going at around 5+ and not less for years and years. If it comes to 3.25 lakhs it is a good buy.
Agree, ₹3.25L will be a dream price. I am specially looking for G2 because of the included heat sink which will make the panel last longer.

These are great prices. Can you please let us know which city and store?
Vadodara, Gujarat - LG Best Shop

Every company does this. Let me google for 5 minutes and prove it to you:
I know everyone exaggerates to sell their mediocre TVs.but in this case it was simply wrong.In India companies can do this because we don't have strong consumer law.
Yeah, but it's twice the price.
yeah but its cheaper than x95 and samsung.also sony prices will drop by diwali.Vu 65 in for 1Lac if sony x90k 65 drops to 1.2-1.3 by diwali then it will be a better buy.

Vu is a use and throw brand. You cant expect reasonable resale value or reliability and on those counts does not appeal to the general audience but those who wish to gamble can always do so and who knows you might be lucky if it lasts a few good years. Its FALD plus around 800 nits, QLED, has a good remote and is 2 third the price of an entry level product line of big three having much better bells and whistles. But it is a panel lottery. Some will last, some might not.

I know everyone exaggerates to sell their mediocre TVs.but in this case it was simply wrong.In India companies can do this because we don't have strong consumer law.
I don't see any lie in there. Any TV with local dimming can display inky deep blacks if nothing in the entire zone is lit up.

It's just exaggerated because in 99% of the scenarios you won't see that, just like those shitty Sony, Samsung and LG budget lineup.
yeah but its cheaper than x95 and samsung.also sony prices will drop by diwali.Vu 65 in for 1Lac if sony x90k 65 drops to 1.2-1.3 by diwali then it will be a better buy.
You are comparing non-sale, non discounted VU price with expected best case X90K price in metros after lots of haggling and after card discounts.

There is a very good chance that the VU will be discounted 10-15k at Diwali too, with another 5-10k of card offers making it much cheaper than X90K. In a bright room, you won't be able to tell much of a difference anyway since the blacks won't matter and better viewing angles of IPS will matter more.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back