OLED TV's price/best quote thread

If it falls too much you are in a risk of getting a display piece, so that point also should be considered
Good chances of you getting display units for C1, not for C2, they may have gone on the shelf just recently and there wont be any C2 display unit that these stores are trying to sell in the market. Also, I have heard reputed stores like Reliance/Croma usually dont do that, even if they are selling the display unit, they would inform you about it and may also change the panel by claiming warranty before they do so (I have had such offer a few years back from Reliance digital which I did not go for).

Good chances of you getting display units for C1, not for C2, they may have gone on the shelf just recently and there wont be any C2 display unit that these stores are trying to sell in the market. Also, I have heard reputed stores like Reliance/Croma usually dont do that, even if they are selling the display unit, they would inform you about it and may also change the panel by claiming warranty before they do so (I have had such offer a few years back from Reliance digital which I did not go for).
What are looking for? C2 or G2?

I'm also deciding between these two only. Went to a couple of showrooms this week but they only had C2 and A80K.

AFAIK,
G2:
  • Better blacks in ambient light due to polarizer on the screen. QD-OLEDs look purple/grey.
  • In bright white scenes it's the brightest TV around.
  • 4 HDMI 2.1 ports v/s 2 on the Sony
  • G-sync, freesync and proper HGIG for a better gaming experience.
  • Dolby Vision at 4k 120Hz. Also, LG usually does tone-map Dolby Vision the best and has least bugs
  • Cheaper by about 1 lakh rupees
  • Has a 55" option if you just need something personal for the bedroom for cheap.
A95K:
  • Higher colour luminance
  • Higher colour gamut
  • Should be more resistant to burn-in, theoretically
  • Overall higher PQ and Sony's processing
  • Better sound
  • Support of DTS codec
I usually go back and forth between them. But considering the major price difference, if the PQ difference isn't that large I'll go with the G2. Will upgrade in 4-5 years when QD-OLED will be available in 77" and will have better polarization.

I'm mostly shifting to Bangalore next month too (in the midst of a job switch). Would love to go and check out the TVs side by side and negotiate.
Welcome to Bangalore... Don't forget to bring a boat 😆

The OLED is tempting, however I'm not sure of it's performance in brightly lit rooms. Hence I'm leaning towards a 65 inch sony X90.

Will keep a watch on the group buy though when it's out.

Welcome to Bangalore... Don't forget to bring a boat 😆
I did live in Bangalore pre pandemic too. It’s unfortunate that the infrastructure is so shit and the government so corrupt
The OLED is tempting, however I'm not sure of its performance in brightly lit rooms. Hence I'm leaning towards a 65 inch sony X90.

Will keep a watch on the group buy though when it's out.
If you want a TV for a bright room, you should look at Samsung offerings or the X95 series. X90 series aren’t that bright either.

And if the room is so bright you can probably get by with a cheaper TV too like the VU masterpiece glo. That TV is 1000 nits.

My opinion is that a TV for living room should be as cheap and bright as possible. That ambient light will kill picture quality anyway.

Final Cost of Lg C2 65 inch with Credit Card Cash back now stands at 1.78 L ....:D waiting till oct 1st week to see if any diwali magic happens and this reduces further

Now am being tempted by the dealer, he is saying price difference between C2 and G2 is effectively around 10-15k only... so he is pushing me to take G2 instead of C2. C2 price now stands at 1.9L, G2 is 2.1 L . is G2 worth it ?

I'm looking at G2 edition. If the timing of purchase matches, sellers wouldn't mind selling different models together for a group purchase.
Didn't try different models in group buy in 2020,but we purchased CX in 55 and 65 sizes, this time I'm looking for a secondary TV during Deepawali time!

Now am being tempted by the dealer, he is saying price difference between C2 and G2 is effectively around 10-15k only... so he is pushing me to take G2 instead of C2. C2 price now stands at 1.9L, G2 is 2.1 L . is G2 worth it ?

Go for G2 if you can. But both your prices seem bad. Is that the best price you could find among all stores?
I know people who bought 65 C1 in March this year for 1.4L. Going by that I would consider 1.5 / 1.7 for the 65C2/G2 respectively as good Diwali deals.

Go for G2 if you can. But both your prices seem bad. Is that the best price you could find among all stores?
I know people who bought 65 C1 in March this year for 1.4L. Going by that I would consider 1.5 / 1.7 for the 65C2/G2 respectively as good Diwali deals.
1.5L for C2 65?
Woah 😀
Thats pretty much optimistic!!

1.5L for C2 65?
Woah 😀
Thats pretty much optimistic!!
I went through some old posts to see what the pricing scene was around the same time last year, and you're right - I couldn't find anyone here having bought the 65inch C1 below 1.5L. Asked my friend and he said he got the deal through some contacts in the dealership so maybe that's why it was so low.

considering C2 and G2 are recent models, prices seems to be very fair, may be in 2023 republic day sale we can expect your prices.

I'd go for G2 with that kind of difference for sure. It carries 5 year warranty vs 2 or 3 years on C2 which itself is more than what you can ask for and don't forget that the major gain with G2 is the HDR PQ and other benefits you get over C2.

I did live in Bangalore pre pandemic too. It’s unfortunate that the infrastructure is so shit and the government so corrupt

If you want a TV for a bright room, you should look at Samsung offerings or the X95 series. X90 series aren’t that bright either.

And if the room is so bright you can probably get by with a cheaper TV too like the VU masterpiece glo. That TV is 1000 nits.

My opinion is that a TV for living room should be as cheap and bright as possible. That ambient light will kill picture quality anyway.
Light lightgamer says, go for Samsung's mini LED offerings. Samsung QN95b with local dimming has contrast ratio of ~ 19000:1. Sony does not give more than 7000:1 in 95k or 90k series.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back