OLED TV's price/best quote thread

The QN90B quote I received was from a newly opened retail store called Great Eastern in Gurgaon. It was 3.2L after all cashbacks (was quoted 3.5L initially but got the price down a fair bit)

I’m terms of C2 vs QN90B - I would honestly go with the OLED.
The lack of Dolby Vision IQ is a real issue in my opinion and the TV gets unreasonably bright when watching in a dark room. The C2 can regulate its brightness much better without diving into settings every time.
Also the OLED viewing angles are unbelievably wide.

In terms of day viewing - Yes the Sammy is much brighter but I honestly don’t think you’d have an issue with the OLED unless the room you’re going to placing it in will have light coming from more than 1 side.
LG will give a 5 year warranty during Diwali. Best time to get it would be then
Exactly which dates around diwali?any idea

I think that this year prices are high because I got 48 c1 for around 81k after all discounts and card offer last diwali
Don't you think you should wait for Diwali offers to settle in..?
You are probably one of the first few in the door. How much bargaining power will you have when you have an entire month to go...?

Just called the dealer again, he agreed to upgrade it and I'll need to pay the difference amount only.
Will go there tomorrow to get the upgrade.
So, I went there and upgraded to B2. Feels good to have an OLED with good HDR and gaming capabilities and not a display unit anymore :p.

Last edited:
If you have picked up the display unit, you should have done some checks like the mfg date of the unit, some tests to be performed on the unit where if you can see the dead pixels or banding or the grey uniformity etc..
Its A1, so surely mfg last year, its display unit so surely been running for quite some time. LG engineers and now even store technicians have an interface where they could rest the usage hours etc. They usually are expert at making the unit look like its fresh with no dust or traces anywhere. However, since you have the warranty so you are covered to get things fixed under warranty, depending on how long the unit is used as DU in the store, you may see slightly more chances of issues showing up when compared to a fresh unit. Please make sure you have good connect/channel with the support in case if you have to resort to it in future.

"As per the showroom guys the unit was installed last week only course they wanted to sell the last piece of A1." << on this one, I'm not convinced why the unit, that too an A1 was installed just last week (they should have installed current year models a few months ago not an A1), that too in order to sell the unit!! Who disposes a unit to the display shelf to sell it? They're surely not telling you the truth or I've got it wrong.

Edit: If you have an option to top the amount with what you already paid for a newer unit, please do that, it may be lesser than the time, energy and money you pay to get issues fixed in case if that happens in future.
On an average how much old manufacturing month/date of TV unit should be acceptable if the sales guy says the TV unit is fresh (and not display unit)?

Went price hunting today. Got below quotes. Are they any good or will it drop more around Deepawali

LG C2 77" - ₹4.21L (including LG SP8A soundbar and excluding ₹20k CC cashback)

LG C2 77" - ₹3.81L without soundbar and excluding ₹20K cashback

LG G2 65" - ₹2.33 L with Lg Gx soundbar and excluding ₹14k CC cashback

LG G2 65" - ₹1.96 L without soundbar and excluding ₹14k CC cashback

I am looking for 77" G2 but they are unavailable at all stores.
Hey where did you get these price quotes?

I got LG C1 65 inch on amazon for 165k - 8k card cashback. Is this good deal?
I had it sitting in my cart for a bit before I decided to not buy off amazon, it went out of stock when I checked later, guess you bought it?

I decided against it simply because of only 1 year warranty, additional warranty would cost 20k minimum, not worth it at that price. if you want extended warranty you’ll probably get a better deal offline.

So, my C2 finally got set up today. Came with a vertical line which is very hard to notice but clearly shows in a green screen. Can I push the dealer to replace it or needs to be done through LG?

Really pissed. My first big TV purchase and this. Ruins the experience.

So, my C2 finally got set up today. Came with a vertical line which is very hard to notice but clearly shows in a green screen. Can I push the dealer to replace it or needs to be done through LG?

Dealer should be able to replace it. My dealer promised to replace it if any issue occurs within 1 week of installation.

Get it replaced asap with the dealer before he starts diverting you to LG. If needed, perform all the other OLED panel tests if there are other issues with the unit. Usually you would want to do this as soon as new unit comes out of the box to rule out any mfg defects on them. With the improved OLED panels with newer generation units, its less likely one will encounter such issues, but there may be some rare cases.

On an average how much old manufacturing month/date of TV unit should be acceptable if the sales guy says the TV unit is fresh (and not display unit)?
I'm just trying to understand by looking at the mfg/import date, how long its been lying in the warehouse or store. We already know whether its 2021 or 2022 from the model itself. So, not necessary to check such details if you are getting a current year unit relatively early in the launch cycle, but if you are buying later in the launch cycle, you may want to!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back