OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Asking again... What's a good price for the Sony A80K 65 inch OLED this Diwali?

I'm in Pune currently getting quoted about ₹ 2 lakh from various shops.

The best policy is to buy from one's own city from reputed shops even if it is 10 or 20 k costlier. Many shops sell display units as new or use sevice remotes to alter viewing hours. There are also shops with smuggled goods or Amazon returns etc which sell at reduced prices.
In 2012 I had purchased a Panasonic GT 50 plasma and even after telling the store to send a sealed unit they sent a cleaned display unit which had burn in. Took them 3 months to import a replacement for me as it was the last year Panasonic sold plasmas. It would have been impossible to ship it to a different city.

The best policy is to buy from one's own city from reputed shops even if it is 10 or 20 k costlier. Many shops sell display units as new or use sevice remotes to alter viewing hours. There are also shops with smuggled goods or Amazon returns etc which sell at reduced prices.
In 2012 I had purchased a Panasonic GT 50 plasma and even after telling the store to send a sealed unit they sent a cleaned display unit which had burn in. Took them 3 months to import a replacement for me as it was the last year Panasonic sold plasmas. It would have been impossible to ship it to a different city.

Yes., reputed stores are important deal. I trust Chroma given TATA brand.

Last edited:
I have been contemplating about getting a LG OLED for this festive season and was offer shopping yesterday with some dealers in Chennai and below is what I got. These prices are for the 55 inch and an additional instant discount of 10k available for these models.

C2X - 129k with Apple Airpods Prod (Reliance Digital says they sell only C2X which is premium to C2) - 119k after card discount
C2 - 124K (Croma) - 114K after card discount
B2 - 109k with some free goodies (Vasanth & Co) - 99k after card discount

Not sure if these are best prices yet for the season but I think there is still room for some negotiation of either price discount or additional goodies if ready to book.

Cheers!

I have been contemplating about getting a LG OLED for this festive season and was offer shopping yesterday with some dealers in Chennai and below is what I got. These prices are for the 55 inch and an additional instant discount of 10k available for these models.

C2X - 129k with Apple Airpods Prod (Reliance Digital says they sell only C2X which is premium to C2) - 119k after card discount

Not sure if these are best prices yet for the season but I think there is still room for some negotiation of either price discount or additional goodies if ready to book.

Cheers!
My contact in Delhi Croma is offering G2 55 at 1.12 after 10k cashback. That’s the best I could crack.
Got myself a 65 G2 for 1.56L after all discounts. Between me and another guy, we did buy a lot of other stuff so that could be a reason for the low prices. Not sure if he can still replicate the offer, esp with the festive season ending in a few days.

Cheers!
From what I know, the C2X and C2 are the same except for the color of the back panel.. If you meant premium as in design, then its subjective, but its the same otherwise.

Got a G2 on Dhanteras.. was quoted 1.85 - 12.5k discount.. got it down to 1.75 with 12.5k discount.. Nothing extra.. no LG tones as some members here got..
I know some here got a slightly better deal, but the 65" G2 for 1.625 seems like pretty good deal.. enough for me to pull the trigger.

From what I know, the C2X and C2 are the same except for the color of the back panel.. If you meant premium as in design, then its subjective, but its the same otherwise.

Got a G2 on Dhanteras.. was quoted 1.85 - 12.5k discount.. got it down to 1.75 with 12.5k discount.. Nothing extra.. no LG tones as some members here got..
I know some here got a slightly better deal, but the 65" G2 for 1.625 seems like pretty good deal.. enough for me to pull the trigger.
Did you get the extended warranty also?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back