OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Finally.

Congrats bro. Enjoy the TV :D

Haha! Waiting for installation. Just like via Flipkart, LG seems to like taking their own time for installing TVs in Mumbai; within 48 hours, can't rush. Pfft!

I got the information from LG customer care that for getting the additional 2 years warranty card, we need to get from the dealer. But my dealer is claiming like its from LG and they can only provide it. When you said 1 year warranty card packed, you mean along with the manual? As when my TV as installed yesterday I could not find the card or maybe I overlooked at the TV quality and forgot about it ;)
My dealer showed me the new warranty card for front load washing machine and said it will be same for TV in few weeks. But he also said he will be writing on the bill for time being and putting company seal on the same.

Do we know if these are not display pieces? Also wonder what the manufacture date could be. I stay quite far off

Flipkart seems to be gearing up for some discounts on last year's oleds. One can see the message on the product page for some of them
The person there seemed to assuree that he has sealed pieces but he is the only seller i have found with a pana oled proper so could give it a try.
He also has all types of oleds in the same place so if you feel its a bad deal you could switch to a lg or sony

LG is giving 3 year warranty on OLEDs as per new festive season brochure. As per the brand store guy it covers burn-in but I havn't seen any document confirming the same.
None of the brand store guys knows anything ask him to call up a service guy and ask him directly, he will clearly mention burn -in is not covered

None of the brand store guys knows anything ask him to call up a service guy and ask him directly, he will clearly mention burn -in is not covered
He did call the guy who is responsible for warranty claim issues and confirmed the same but I honestly don't believe any of them. I did not push though because burn in was not on the list of things that affected my purchase decision. For complete peace of mind LCD is the only choice.

There is a new firmware 5.10 for C8. Has anyone tried? What are the changes?
If you moved from 5.10.03, there isnt much. If you mvoed from 4.10.x then there are a few.

[04.10.55]
1. To improve no audio issue when changing sound out from ARC to TV Speaker in QSM Mode On
2. To improve contour noise.

[05.10.03]
1. Fixed Google Speech's bug
2. Improving Google Assistant service
3. Improving Amazon Echo service
4. "Direct TV Now" ready for 2018 yeares of product launch
5. TV Remote service expansion to 14 EU countries
6. Adding Compensation function in OLED model Auto Off condition
7. Adding 18Y HDCP2.3
8. Adding to Israeli STB Universal Remote Control
9. Fixed minor bugs

[05.10.15]
1. To improve SUNNXT App audio quality issues.

Ref: https://www.lg.com/in/support/support-product/lg-OLED55C8PTA

If you moved from 5.10.03, there isnt much. If you mvoed from 4.10.x then there are a few.

[04.10.55]
1. To improve no audio issue when changing sound out from ARC to TV Speaker in QSM Mode On
2. To improve contour noise.

[05.10.03]
1. Fixed Google Speech's bug
2. Improving Google Assistant service
3. Improving Amazon Echo service
4. "Direct TV Now" ready for 2018 yeares of product launch
5. TV Remote service expansion to 14 EU countries
6. Adding Compensation function in OLED model Auto Off condition
7. Adding 18Y HDCP2.3
8. Adding to Israeli STB Universal Remote Control
9. Fixed minor bugs

[05.10.15]
1. To improve SUNNXT App audio quality issues.

Ref: https://www.lg.com/in/support/support-product/lg-OLED55C8PTA
Thanks, I am currently on 5.10.03

The person there seemed to assuree that he has sealed pieces but he is the only seller i have found with a pana oled proper so could give it a try.
He also has all types of oleds in the same place so if you feel its a bad deal you could switch to a lg or sony
Croma at Kalyan Nagar did have the 55 inch Panny OLED on display,a couple of months back. The colors on it were mesmerizing , the best of the lot..I mean even in 2019.

Also visited a few other shops this side of town The most disappointing of the lot are the Sonys..They just seem so dull, lifeless.. The C9 definitely had more pop than both the A9G and A8G but the colors were not accurate.. That shouldnt be a problem I guess after calibration. All of these sets including the Panny have some elevation in black levels.. in certain scenes. Compared to the C8 the C9 seemed better in motion handling..I mean its very obvious.

What i was disappointed with was DV.. a couple of places that I went I felt like I didn't care. The HDR on the Panny was good enough for me. Guess I need to carry some DV content myself if at all and have them played on them side by side..

Also wherever I went I saw a wierd kind of ghosting on all the Sonys..I guess it's due to SOE and I remember at one place the motionflow setting to be high.. Its very difficult to convince the folks on floor to change any settings

Croma at Kalyan Nagar did have the 55 inch Panny OLED on display,a couple of months back. The colors on it were mesmerizing , the best of the lot..I mean even in 2019.

Also visited a few other shops this side of town The most disappointing of the lot are the Sonys..They just seem so dull, lifeless.. The C9 definitely had more pop than both the A9G and A8G but the colors were not accurate.. That shouldnt be a problem I guess after calibration. All of these sets including the Panny have some elevation in black levels.. in certain scenes. Compared to the C8 the C9 seemed better in motion handling..I mean its very obvious.

What i was disappointed with was DV.. a couple of places that I went I felt like I didn't care. The HDR on the Panny was good enough for me. Guess I need to carry some DV content myself if at all and have them played on them side by side..

Also wherever I went I saw a wierd kind of ghosting on all the Sonys..I guess it's due to SOE and I remember at one place the motionflow setting to be high.. Its very difficult to convince the folks on floor to change any settings

That ghosting might be caused by DNR. I noticed that on Metz OLED and C9 too.

Panasonic OLEDs in 2019 too are top notch. They are the only manufacturer without flashing and chrominance issues, which means their near black performance is the cleanest. Their dynamic tone mapping is the best. 2018 sets suffr from mild stutter issues on slow moving shots though. It's 99% resolved in 2019. Unfortunately, the GZ models haven't been launched here.

I have argued multiple times that DV can be a hit or a miss. Dark scenes can be too dark on it at times. Now I have confirmed this. HDR 10 on Metz OLED gave me consistent performance via Netflix app; no scene too dark. While with DV now on LG C9, some dark scenes can be a tad too dark. Godless is one example of this.

For motion, I don't have C8 as a point of reference, but Metz OLED gave me headaches because of the stutter. Planning shots were painful too watch. LG C9 is much better, especially with mild motion interpolation; De-judder at 2 and de-blur at 0 for me for now.

Guys can i remove or not remove screenguard preapplied on lg b8 oled

Please remove! It'll impede heat dissipation. Be careful while removing it though. Push it gently downwards and sideways to ensure panel doesn't bend.

Where did you buy your oled bud? I just came from vijay sales in bandra and they are quoting me 2.27 for 65c9. What would be the best price for the 55 and 65” oled?

I still have my 55b6 but the panel has gotten worse so much so the wife approved of a new tv purchase

Offhand i asked for the sony 65x9000f and they are giving it at 1.86. With that price im clearly going oled.
Damn. That is a great price for the 65" C9. I paid 2.6L for it in August.

The prices have crashed hard. In hindsight, I should have waited till October to pickup mine :(

Guys whats the best price anyone has got for 55 inch B9/ C9 in Delhi. I asked a local shop, he quoted 1.5 for C9 and 1.35 for B9.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back