OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Sale prices for 65 C9 have dropped to 1699$ already. There was a thread on Reddit about this from authorised eBay seller with good ratings. Black Friday will see similar prices. 55 C9 should hit 999$. Prices in India are still way too high. We're getting better deals than last year though it seems, especially the extended warranty.
Add 10% tax on top of that for almost all the states in US

Add 10% tax on top of that for almost all the states in US

One should be able to avoid taxes by purchasing from a store that doesn’t have any presence in the buyer’s state. Eg - https://www.abesofmaine.com/LG_OLED65C9PUA_C9_65_Class_HDR_UHD_Smart_OLED_TV_1039083.html

Having said that the LG OLED prices are really great out here - especially when we compare the rest of the brands. While it is possible to find a great deal for OLED TVs during Black Friday sale, it is still a hassle to grab one when the demand is high.

Last edited:
Sale prices for 65 C9 have dropped to 1699$ already. There was a thread on Reddit about this from authorised eBay seller with good ratings. Black Friday will see similar prices. 55 C9 should hit 999$. Prices in India are still way too high. We're getting better deals than last year though it seems, especially the extended warranty.
I dont think we can consider one seller as the price trend.even we have one example where B9 purchased for 85k but thats not the rate all others are getting. specially ebay is not always reliable.i will consider other big retailers as a norm like bestbuy,amazon,walmart,target etc.all have prices around 2400-2500.

also check the CNET article for last year black friday https://www.cnet.com/news/lg-oled-tv-black-friday-2018-sale-no-big-deal-yet/

its showing the price of 1700 usd for C8.Can you share where you saw C8 for 1000 USD last year.

But prices will always be cheaper in USA that i agree.

Still way cheaper than prices here.
Cheaper yes, and it will remain so, with 3 years warranty however I feel that Lg has done a great job this Diwali. And if people are able to buy it for 1.1 Lacs for 55 C9 today, that's a very good price for OLED (3 year warranty is not cheap..:) )

I dont think we can consider one seller as the price trend.even we have one example where B9 purchased for 85k but thats not the rate all others are getting. specially ebay is not always reliable.i will consider other big retailers as a norm like bestbuy,amazon,walmart,target etc.all have prices around 2400-2500.

also check the CNET article for last year black friday https://www.cnet.com/news/lg-oled-tv-black-friday-2018-sale-no-big-deal-yet/

its showing the price of 1700 usd for C8.Can you share where you saw C8 for 1000 USD last year.

But prices will always be cheaper in USA that i agree.

First of all, I never said C8 was 1000$ during last black Friday. This is called a strawman argument. Google it. However, C8 was under 1000$ this year just a few months ago. A lot of people in various forums have bought. It was for this price on Amazon too on prime day. Feel free to Google and verify. Plus, best buy and many big retailers price match. Let black Friday come this year, and you'll see prices fall way below what we're paying. The seller I mentioned is authorised LG reseller. They have those abroad in US. Many people have bought from them.

Regarding warranty, best buy and squaretrade warranties are there for US consumers to purchase, and they offer 5 year warranties that cover burn-in at again a relatively much cheaper cost. Plus, consumer is also protected better in US, even better in UK and especially Australia.

Just browsing through owner forums will enlighten you about the huge gulf of pricing that exists. That's why I have brought this discrepancy months ago when I was researching and going through all forums.

Don't want to believe what I'm saying? No worries. Verify when black Friday comes. I'm not digging threads I have already been through now. I have posted some threads of people scoring amazing deals here too, including super duper cheap 65 inch 2018 sets.

Let's not delude ourselves. We are still being ripped off.

Here ya go: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/322-...w-z-all-sizes-15.html#/topics/3056712?page=44

Keep yourself updated and then see whether we're anywhere close to what they are getting. Beach Camera is also offering 1699$, and that's a reputed, authorized seller. 1699$ is what we're paying for 55 C9.
Well I generally follow the big sellers in USA.its not possible to follow small and local sellers .I have clicked on the link you have shared.its showing me 2496.

I think you need to register and add some promo code to get the price you are quoting.I neither have time nor have desire to check that so i just trust your word on it.here what other user is saying about that beach camera seller when someone ask whether Best Buy will match that price.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
What's the general experience people have with trying to get Best Buy to price match authorized online retailers like Beach Camera?
Poor. Beach doesn't openly advertise their best prices (eBay or phone-in deals), so there's no easy online price to show BBY. Also, Beach isn't a listed price match store, so unless you have a retail location nearby (New York, I think), you won't have much luck. There's always a story from one guy who haggled with a manager who was eager to make a sale or something, but generally, it's not going to happen. Sometimes they won't even match a local competitor (e.g., Microcenter a few years ago when they had hot prices) if the price is too low.

From their price match page:

"At the time of sale, we [Best Buy] price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com and TigerDirect.com.""

Anyways I get point that we are being ripped off.

On a lighter note I think you have done more research on US and less on India.You could have saved 10-15K if you have purchased C9 now instead of few days back:).

Well I generally follow the big sellers in USA.its not possible to follow small and local sellers .I have clicked on the link you have shared.its showing me 2496.

I think you need to register and add some promo code to get the price you are quoting.I neither have time nor have desire to check that so i just trust your word on it.here what other user is saying about that beach camera seller when someone ask whether Best Buy will match that price.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
What's the general experience people have with trying to get Best Buy to price match authorized online retailers like Beach Camera?
Poor. Beach doesn't openly advertise their best prices (eBay or phone-in deals), so there's no easy online price to show BBY. Also, Beach isn't a listed price match store, so unless you have a retail location nearby (New York, I think), you won't have much luck. There's always a story from one guy who haggled with a manager who was eager to make a sale or something, but generally, it's not going to happen. Sometimes they won't even match a local competitor (e.g., Microcenter a few years ago when they had hot prices) if the price is too low.

From their price match page:

"At the time of sale, we [Best Buy] price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com and TigerDirect.com.""

Anyways I get point that we are being ripped off.

On a lighter note I think you have done more research on US and less on India.You could have saved 10-15K if you have purchased C9 now instead of few days back:).

Cherry picking. Google it. The point that you seem to be missing is that reputed online sellers are selling a month before black Friday at 1699$. You said it's a one off thing. I showed that no, one more big and reputed company is also selling. Beach Camera is not a local seller. They have big footprint, just like Vijay Sales. Others will also reduce in sale for those who don't want to buy from online sellers. Did you Google whether amazon had C8 for 1000$ or not? Was a new C8 ever sold for 1000$ in India? Wait for a month. B9 will also touch that price if not C9.

What's the going price of C9 in India? Do you take flipkart's price as a base? No right. Tatacliq had it for 1.27 lacs for a day. Flipkart or Amazon haven't touched that price range at all. Just like we're waiting for Diwali sales, they'll get best deals on BF. Wait a month and you'll be eating your arrogant and foolish words.

I bought my set three weeks ago, and the price I got was cheapest till then. Even now, the cheapest price in my city is only 1.19 lacs. So what extra research are you blabbing about? I should have had a time machine to look into future prices? I had the money. I bought it when I got the cheapest deal on the forum at the time. Stop using fallacious arguments.

What we also need to take into account is that the extended warranty is not free if a problem develops! You can't just substract cost for that and say we're getting for cheap. It's good insurance, but if a problem develops, you'll be paying labor charges. Panel gone bust? Yes, you won't have to pay 1 lac for a new panel, but it's not free extended warranty either, because you'll be charged a decent amount as labor charges. Outside BB and squaretrade 5 year warranties can be had for 99-250$ depending on the deal. Someone bought it for 99$ for their 77 C9. That covers everything, including burn-in. Compare apples to apples. Not apples to oranges.

Last edited:
I bought my set three weeks ago, and the price I got was cheapest till then. Even now, the cheapest price in my city is only 1.19 lacs. So what extra research are you blabbing about? I should have had a time machine to look into future prices? I had the money. I bought it when I got the cheapest deal on the forum at the time. Stop using fallacious arguments.

well you have time machine which says C9 will hit 999 this year.Also anyone following this forum knows that prices at diwali or just before diwali are lowest.You dont need a time machine for that.I have mentioned that many time in last few months in my posts and other users as well.I have mentioned to you as well when we had argument before few months back.when you wanted to start a revolution against tv companies.Its common sense that if prices were cheap last year diwali then there is good possibility that trend will hold this year also.Knowledge and wisdom in only useful when you can profit from it.

Also you can not compare best buy with Flipkart.As BestBuy has offline stores and dedicated section for high end tvs called Magnolia.

Anyways i dont want to get in this US debate.My point is since we are living in india.we should focus how to get best deal here in India and not in USA.I will focus more on getting best deal then crying about ripping off.you ripped off yourself by purchasing it for a higher price.

Anyways dude i dont wanna discuss this back on forth.its very time consuming.Cant spend my diwali vacation arguing with you.Even if you say tomorrow C9 is for 100 USD in USA i agree.

What we also need to take into account is that the extended warranty is not free if a problem develops! You can't just substract cost for that and say we're getting for cheap. It's good insurance, but if a problem develops, you'll be paying labor charges. Panel gone bust? Yes, you won't have to pay 1 lac for a new panel, but it's not free extended warranty either, because you'll be charged a decent amount as labor charges. Outside BB and squaretrade 5 year warranties can be had for 99-250$ depending on the deal. Someone bought it for 99$ for their 77 C9. That covers everything, including burn-in. Compare apples to apples. Not apples to oranges.
Not comparing the 2 (US and India) as even that is not apple to apple comparison. Prices are determined on a lot of factors, which differ for India and US. Import duties, taxes are also different.

It's true in general that US has cheaper electronics (be it Apple iPhone or DSLR or OLED or QLED or luxury vehicles), for the current QLED prices in India, Lg is offering great price for OLED, and warranty is expensive if you buy separately. I wouldn't compare LG warranty with other third party warranty that you can buy for 4-5k even in India (don't know how reliable they are, I once had a very bad experience with one of them).

Any brand will have more profits if their isn't good competition, I wouldn't call it a rip off atleast for this scenario.

Enjoy the OLED and continue healthy discussion around how folks can get benefit with current market prices in India.

Not comparing the 2 (US and India) as even that is not apple to apple comparison. Prices are determined on a lot of factors, which differ for India and US. Import duties, taxes are also different.

It's true in general that US has cheaper electronics (be it Apple iPhone or DSLR or OLED or QLED or luxury vehicles), for the current QLED prices in India, Lg is offering great price for OLED, and warranty is expensive if you buy separately. I wouldn't compare LG warranty with other third party warranty that you can buy for 4-5k even in India (don't know how reliable they are, I once had a very bad experience with one of them).

Any brand will have more profits if their isn't good competition, I wouldn't call it a rip off atleast for this scenario.

Enjoy the OLED and continue healthy discussion around how folks can get benefit with current market prices in India.

As I discussed and tried to find out earlier, taxes aren't a factor that should inflate prices here. There's an FTA with Vietnam. Samsung gets sets from there. I always assumed taxes must be the reason, as that's what we're told, but on checking up, that's not really true as far as I can tell. Labor force is cheaper too along with land for factories. Anyway, I don't want to keep repeating the same things over and over again. A few posts mentioned prices being in line with US; that's wrong, and I got personal jabs and fallacious arguments in return. This guy keeps saying I ripped myself off. Did I ever complain I paid for my C9? I knew I'm paying a few k bucks more. He again used a strawman argument. Told the silly man to Google it; clearly he didn't.

I honestly prefer LG's warranty too, and that's why I pulled the plug early. However, I only mentioned the price factor as someone was cutting the hypothetical cost of the extended warranty and then claiming we're getting it for the same price. That's a silly way to do maths, since we'll be paying more if a fault happens. Many retailers in UK add in 5-6 year warranties as default, such as Richer Sounds. Many folks got amazing clearance prices for new Panasonic OLEDs over in the UK too; cheaper with longer warranties. Display pieces from Walmart also retail for cheaper than they do here. People have snagged 65 inch LG OLEDs for 650-800$ and then gotten panels replaced by LG.

A united consumer is a strong consumer, just like united workers. We can command better and fairer deals. Instead, we like fighting among ourselves and using fallacious arguments to fool ourselves that we're getting it for the same cost even though we aren't.

well you have time machine which says C9 will hit 999 this year.Also anyone following this forum knows that prices at diwali or just before diwali are lowest.You dont need a time machine for that.I have mentioned that many time in last few months in my posts and other users as well.I have mentioned to you as well when we had argument before few months back.when you wanted to start a revolution against tv companies.Its common sense that if prices were cheap last year diwali then there is good possibility that trend will hold this year also.Knowledge and wisdom in only useful when you can profit from it.

Also you can not compare best buy with Flipkart.As BestBuy has offline stores and dedicated section for high end tvs called Magnolia.

Anyways i dont want to get in this US debate.My point is since we are living in india.we should focus how to get best deal here in India and not in USA.I will focus more on getting best deal then crying about ripping off.you ripped off yourself by purchasing it for a higher price.

Anyways dude i dont wanna discuss this back on forth.its very time consuming.Cant spend my diwali vacation arguing with you.Even if you say tomorrow C9 is for 100 USD in USA i agree.

Now that my anger has subsided, let's coolly breakdown your logic.

H: India prices are now similar to US
M: No, here's a link. They aren't.
H: This is just one seller. Not major either. I want big sellers because I follow big sellers because I'm a big boy.
M: Ok! Same deal from Beach Camera. Reputed, high value seller. Probably moves more OLEDs than any seller in India.
H: It's not Best Buy. Best Buy has Magnolia. Why did you pay more instead of waiting? You ripped yourself off. Why are you crying about prices now? Why are we even discussing US prices? Tomorrow you'll say it's 100$ and I'll believe.

Mamma Mia! Let's point some fallacies. First, multiple strawman arguments. One I pointed out earlier was you saying that j should show you when was C8 at 1000$ last year. I never said it was. Now you said prices are similar and I countered; when did I ever say that I feel bad because I paid more? I knowingly paid more. Go and read my posts when I bought it. I wrote I could have saved more but didn't want to wait. You made up something I never said and beat it with your amazing logic. This is called a strawman argument.

Second, cherry picking. I said major retailers also price match and during black Friday prices will fall in buying from them too, just like they did here during diwali. You pick that BB won't match in some cases. When did I say BB will in every case? What's your obsession with BB? Do you only buy from one seller in India?

Then there's false equivalence; comparing prices when there's no sale to handpicked, best deals people have got here. If you're taking the cheapest price of C9 here, do the same there. Both eBay seller and Beach Camera I mentioned are authorised LG dsalers. Who do you think is selling here on Tatacliq, Paytm, Flipkart and Amazon? There are authorised dealers selling on these platforms too, especially on Paytm and Tatacliq. There's also Greentoe abroad, which sells only from authorised sellers, and someone bought 55 C9 for $1270, without any additional tax. Now it's apples to apples.

You try to invalidate the deals people are getting there by keep saying they aren't from major seller you like. Why? If authorised dealers were selling 55 C9 for 1300$ via tatacliq or 65 C9 for 1699$, rest assured, most of us would have taken that deal.

So this entire discussion started because you said prices are same as US. I have shown three authorised sellers who are giving much cheaper prices in US, even though black Friday is weeks away, and you refuse to accept that and deflect to fallacious arguments, including nullifying the original premise too, that why are we comparing? Saying you live in India so why compare? Well, you put forward the claim!!

Your entire argument is just so many fallacies rolled up into one. It's infuriating to even try and break them down. One merges into the other. It's almost like art. ;)

Sony 55A9G- 215000
Sony 55A8G-165000

Multiple card cashbacks possible on both So effective- 1.53 for A8G for 2 cards and probably 1.97 for A9G for 3 cards

Girias - KalyanNagar

LG 55C9 --> 1.14 lakh after cashback of 10K in Reliance Digital and excluding the soundbar
Sony 55 9500G --> 1.32 lakh before cashback
Samsung 55Q80 --> 1.55 lakh before cashback

It is at 0% EMI .. 10399 * 12 Months == 1,24,788
10500 Cashback will be credited with 90 days of purchase. So effective price of the TV comes at 1,14,288 .

Yes... there might be a price dip ... I enquired RD yesterday... .. last weekend i enquired PAI & LG brand Shop .. they had asked way above prices that time .. around 1.4 lakh .. .. Though PAI sales representative told me that time ; they are waiting for the new pricing to gets kicked in ..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back