OLED TV's price/best quote thread

They did not have it on display. They may have it in stock, but probably want to get rid of the older models first.

However, be careful of waiting for A9F. While it has a better CPU:
i) the price will be much higher and won't drop this low so soon,
ii) the table-top stand is ridiculous (heavy slanting angle; and so I will never buy it as I won't be wall mounting it) and
iii) I think that they *may* (not sure) have made it less glossy based on a video that I saw which would hamper the picture quality.

And if you keep waiting for it and don't like for these reasons or any other reason when it is available on demo, A8F may have gone out of stock everywhere.

Actually I am more inclined towards LG as sony is asking almost 40-50 K premium.I asked you more out of curiosity.BTW it has glossy screen par with C8.check rtings.com youtube review of A9F.

Actually I am more inclined towards LG as sony is asking almost 40-50 K premium.I asked you more out of curiosity.BTW it has glossy screen par with C8.check rtings.com youtube review of A9F.

Sony A8F prices should drop. Then the difference won't be too high between Sony and LG. But whatever TV you choose out of the two, make sure you see a 720p and 1080p clip to test the 4K upscaling capabilities of LG before making a final choice.

Rtings' glossy rating is the same for A9F as A8F, but see the actual pics listed on their review page for a visual difference in the coating. It is possible that the pics are taken in a wrong manner, and that is why I said I am not sure if the A9F screen is actually less glossy than A8F.

For best picture quality, a glossy screen is better (with some light anti-reflective coating rather than a dull matte coat that almost all low-end LED-LCD models have, including Sony).

Got a quote of 1.43 from LG brand shop for C8. This is before 10k cashback, one year LG insurance, blanket, and some other LG cashback. This is after hard bargain.

For sony 9000f, got a quote of 1.3 lacs in brand shop. This is before cashback and speakers.

For Sony A8F, same brandshop quoted 1.8 lacs before cashback and headphones. These are kinda final from their side, since their selling point was that you are assured of not getting demo or refurbished from brand shops.

Both brandshops denied giving two cashbacks on different cards. However, sony suggested a possibility of getting it with two different bank cards, since they actually report the transaction with piece no to the brandowners.

Anybody getting better prices from brand shops?

Any idea about prices of pana 730d and 800d? Got quote of 1 lac for 730d. But anyone has seen both these pieces? I'm interested in Pana one since you get FALD in 730d and 800d.

Samsung q7fn - got price of 1.4 before 9k cashback. This is after reducing the extra free tv. But not so keen on that, being eled. Might as well buy TCL qled then.

Reliance Digital (Jayanagar) is giving a 55C8 at 1.3L (base price) and a Sony A8 at 1.5L.
At those prices, it should be a steal. Devi was at 1.45L for 55C8.
Talk to Arun (store manager) and mention my name - Shashank. I just got a C8 today. He threw in a stabilizer to sweeten the deal. You can swipe 2 cards for max 18k CB. So, eventual landing price was 1.3L - 18k = 1.12L
I asked around in LG brand shops and other Reliance DG. No one came close to this deal.

Hello,
I am getting a quote for 1.62L (plus 6k cash back) for Sony A8F 55", should I go for it. Is it a good price?
What prices are people getting this Diwali weekend. I am in Mumbai.

Reliance Digital (Jayanagar) is giving a 55C8 at 1.3L (base price) and a Sony A8 at 1.5L.
Talk to Arun (store manager) and mention my name - Shashank. I just got a C8 today. He threw in a stabilizer to sweeten the deal. You can swipe 2 cards for max 18k CB. So, eventual landing price was 1.3L - 18k = 1.12L
I asked around in LG brand shops and other Reliance DG. No one came close to this deal.
These are superb prices.

Plus Jio Dongle for LG.

Sony price was before or after cashback? And what about the headphones, included in this or gave up?

These are superb prices.

Plus Jio Dongle for LG.

Sony price was before or after cashback? And what about the headphones, included in this or gave up?

No, 1.3 BP for the C8 is only tv and the 1+1yr warranty. About the Sony, my guess is it is minus too, but then better ask the store.

Not worth at all when C8 can be had for 2L. Maybe pay that for A9F.

The luminance fluctuation bug on the C8 is worrying me:
. (Go to 13:40)

The A9F would be 4.8-ish Lakhs, right?

I’m considering the A8f also because of the acoustic surface. I’ll be getting external Polk tower speakers but I’m wondering if the acoustic surface would be better for night time viewing.

He clearly says you notice it only when you go looking for it and and lg know about it and are very proactive about these stuff. It should be fixed as it was not there in earlier firmware.

For me, and my non-expert eye, I felt the Sony was dimming more than the LG panel. For my kind of viewing, it felt that having less aggressive ABL is better. I can't really detect the judder and motion issues the experts discern. In the same price range of C8 and 9000F, 9000F was just too bright and can't beat the dimming of an OLED.
But guess I am hijacking the thread here.
For offers in Bangalore, do check with Reliance Digital at jayanagar. The store manager told me that due to presence of Devi next door they are doing the aggressive positionings.

I showed this post to the sales executive today at Croma store. The best he could offer me was 1.60 lacs without any freebies/wireless headphones, cashback offer is also available.

Last edited:
An interesting find for me today was The Panasonic 55FZ950D OLED . It was amazing that its only on demo at one shop in the whole city. As per reviews available online , the picture quality is good, Colors are better then even Sony A8F and this panasonic tv can be considered a Benchmark in Colour reproduction for all other tv's. But in motion handling , judder free playback and Upscaling Sony A8F is the king and still a BENCHMARK in motion handling for all other OLED tvs. This Panasonic OLED available for 1.65 lacs + Soundbar without any negotiation. Its a good offer for any Panasonic fans out there. * this tv supports HDR10+ but not dolby vision though.

Last edited:
For me, and my non-expert eye, I felt the Sony was dimming more than the LG panel. For my kind of viewing, it felt that having less aggressive ABL is better. I can't really detect the judder and motion issues the experts discern. In the same price range of C8 and 9000F, 9000F was just too bright and can't beat the dimming of an OLED.
But guess I am hijacking the thread here.
For offers in Bangalore, do check with Reliance Digital at jayanagar. The store manager told me that due to presence of Devi next door they are doing the aggressive positionings.

I too noticed an overall dimness with the Sony but also saw that the highlights are much brighter than the LG. The LG seems to be resolving more detail at the expense of brightness. I kinda like how the Sony rolls off the gamma curve at this point. I just hope the ASBL isn't too aggressive for games.

Panasonic are great but dolby vision lack is a major downer

I'm honestly cool with just HDR10 at this point, especially with how problematic the implementation of DV has been on the Sony OLEDs. The only reason I'm backing away from the Panasonic is for Amazon Prime Video in HDR, which is only supported using the in-built apps on the Sony and the LG. Even the Apple TV isn't supported unfortunately.

EDIT:
Amazon supports HDR10 on the Apple TV, just not DV. So I guess the Panasonic is back on the table.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back