OLED TV's price/best quote thread

I don't have that option. We have a wooden decor panel on the wall and I have an integrated entertainment unit which has space to place the TV.

It's a 2018 model, though. The FZ series are part of the 2018 line up, isn't it?

I'm not into gaming at all, but may use it to project the Flight Sim software that I have installed on my computer.

Just a little overwhelming to think of a 65" screen for a 10-13 feet viewing distance.
My viewing distance is just 7.5-8 feet and I feel 65 is good. 55 is actually small for 10-13 feet. Take measurements and see with little re-arrangement if you can accommodate a 65 inch tv

Last edited:
F&d r60bt is basically as good as edifier s1000db because i compare that speaker with my friend s1000db my friend is so jeaslous :p

Yes, I'm looking at the 55. My only concern is that the stand is too low to place a soundbar in the front. I'll have to look at a placing the TV on a plank.

I was also considering the Panasonic GZ950, but that comes for a whopping 1.85 Lakhs. The FZ1000 65 incher is available for 1.3 L, but that's a tad too big for me to bite the bullet.

Oh OK. I'd have gone ahead right away because the soundbars are not going to be available for long, but I'm missing the cahback deal. Maybe I'll just wait till the 26th.
check the prices on tatacliq n croma. that will give u an idea what should be your bargaining chip.

hi I'm Ashwanth from Pune, got into the OLED bug recently, pre-dominantly a pc gamer now cause even with a ps4 pro console (forced to game on a 32 inch bravia lcd)
Now my dilemma
- LG C9 55: getting a 1.25L price + 7.5 cashback makes it 1.17 effectively (Vijay Sales)
- LG C9 65: not checked the final price but may be 1.90L /1.80L if i can bargain (though online CLIQ and Amazon prices show 2.2L)
But for a 65 need to literally sell my kidney (not kidneys)
So my question is isn't 55 sufficient for a home setup with 8-10 feet max viewing distance, I know most are going to swear by 65 as larger the better logic. But
- I've seen people here saying 55 will start feeling smaller with few weeks (that way won't even 65 start feeling smaller once you are used to a 65 size in you room after few weeks)
- Isn't C9 55 OLED good enough to give a cinema / home theater experience and an experience of immersion
- Or the only option for now I have is a panasonic 65 DX655 (with basic HDR and dolby vision), i know I'm comparing oranges to apples, but that's only option I have for a 65 inch tv now as 65 inch OLED is a bit too steep for me.... so should I compromise the size (leaving a 65 aside) and go for a C9 55 tv

Last edited:
hi I'm Ashwanth from Pune, got into the OLED bug recently, pre-dominantly a pc gamer now cause even with a ps4 pro console (forced to game on a 32 inch bravia lcd)
Now my dilemma
- LG C9 55: getting a 1.25L price + 7.5 cashback makes it 1.17 effectively (Vijay Sales)
- LG C9 65: not checked the final price but may be 1.90L /1.80L if i can bargain (though online CLIQ and Amazon prices show 2.2L)
So my question is isn't 55 sufficient for a home setup with 8-10 feet max viewing distance, I know most are going to swear by 65 as larger the better logic. But
- I've seen people here saying 55 will start feeling smaller with few weeks (that way won't even 65 start feeling smaller once you are used to a 65 size in you room after few weeks)
- Isn't C9 55 OLED good enough to give a cinema / home theater experience and an experience of immersion
- Or the only option for now I have is a panasonic 65 DX655 (with basic HDR and dolby vision), i know I'm comparing oranges to apples, but that's only option I have for a 65 inch tv now as 65 inch OLED is a bit too steep for me.... so should I compromise the size (leaving a 65 aside) and go for a C9 55 tv

I have a 55 inch C9 at 8 feet, and it's small. 65 inch would be closer to ideal. Would fill the FoV better for a more immersive experience. The faces will become substantially larger than real life in midshots too, adding to the experience of the content being more cinematic. For gaming, C9 is fantastic with G-Sync. Playing without it is a mess. Also, 30fps is also a mess on OLED thanks to the stutter. Can the PS4 pro do 60fps?

And no, just because 55 inch would feel smaller, doesn't mean 65 inch would feel equally small, even if you start craving for bigger. It would be a lot more satisfying. Trying me best to avoid a dirty analogy here. ;)

I couldn't fit a 65 inch in bedroom currently, otherwise I would have saved up for it. However, if you can't do that, go with the 55 inch OLED over a mediocre TV can't really deliver HDR in any impactful manner. Minimum recommended for HDR would be FALD sets such as X950G and Q70.

Now my dilemma
It mainly depends on why you want to upgrade to an oled. Since I recently got the 65 inch let me tel you how how it all started and my journey will help you decide. For me the oled bug hit me mainly for the size factor rather then the picture quality. I was 100% satisfied with my 43 inch Sony interms of picture quality but I always felt something is missing in my cinematic experience. So I also finalised on 55 inch Sony A8 being a Sony fan boy I didn’t want to go for any other brands.so after three days of auditioning and at the time of booking the Sony A8 55 inch I wanted to take one last demo and guess what just within 3 days it felt small. I spoke to my friend who is having a 55 inch who also said the same that 55 doesn’t bring any change when it comes to size factor and feels small. So I finally booked the c9 65 inch and it definitely feels big and even after getting used, it may not feel big but surely you won’t feel it’s small but standard in size. If size is the most important factor then you should look at 65 inch.

Last edited:
I have a 55 inch C9 at 8 feet, and it's small. 65 inch would be closer to ideal. Would fill the FoV better for a more immersive experience. The faces will become substantially larger than real life in midshots too, adding to the experience of the content being more cinematic. For gaming, C9 is fantastic with G-Sync. Playing without it is a mess. Also, 30fps is also a mess on OLED thanks to the stutter. Can the PS4 pro do 60fps?

And no, just because 55 inch would feel smaller, doesn't mean 65 inch would feel equally small, even if you start craving for bigger. It would be a lot more satisfying. Trying me best to avoid a dirty analogy here. ;)

I couldn't fit a 65 inch in bedroom currently, otherwise I would have saved up for it. However, if you can't do that, go with the 55 inch OLED over a mediocre TV can't really deliver HDR in any impactful manner. Minimum recommended for HDR would be FALD sets such as X950G and Q70.

- Thanks yeah now I have to rethink about 65 then, wouldn't any good panasonic like GX750D (guess FX730 now) be better than a Q70? Cause I'm somehow sold on to the GX655(Vivid Color pro) on a 65inch and even 750D with HCX processor was looking stunning (since only 48inch is available but)
- PS4 pro can do 60fps at times on few games, so straight answer no it can only 30fps at 1080p, but with the boost mode on it can 60fps at times during a game (and those periods are just breathtaking)
(Still the ideal scenario of a OLED with gsync and a console displaying at 60fps constant is far away dream but yes xbox can do it but not exactly a xbox fanby with all the bad titles on it)
- If at all 65C9 I can get during some deals with just sankranti around the corner will wait for it and chk that too; but on general note any idea of vijay sales by anyone out here and which is the best retail which offers the max discount?
- Also now I need to sacrifice my plan of receiver and a couple of tower speaker allowing with a 55 C9 if I'm getting a 65 C9 now
Btw is B9 as good as C9? if so a B9 65 can be atleast 20k less that a C9 65

Last edited:
Now my dilemma
If you want the OLED experience, then you can choose 55 inch. But don't just decide by looking at the demo content. Of course it'll be small but if are particular about OLED, then it's not wise to spend a lakh more for 65. If screen size is your priority, then you may look at the biggest size tv you can afford. A 75 inch TV will be a good option if you can put up with the TV quality. If it is just for dark room viewing, movies, then you may consider a projector. You can get a decent one for 80-100k.
TVs imo aren't affordable yet in large screen sizes. So I'd suggest you to consider a bright projector. If it's a TV, a 75 inch one will be a good option.

It mainly depends on why you want to upgrade to an oled. Since I recently got the 65 inch let me tel you how how it all started and my journey will help you decide. For me the oled bug hit me mainly for the size factor rather then the picture quality. I was 100% satisfied with my 43 inch Sony interms of picture quality but I always felt something is missing in my cinematic experience. So I also finalised on 55 inch Sony A8 being a Sony fan boy I didn’t want to go for any other brands.so after three days of auditioning and at the time of booking the Sony A8 55 inch I wanted to take one last demo and guess what just within 3 days it felt small. I spoke to my friend who is having a 55 inch who also said the same that 55 doesn’t bring any change when it comes to size factor and feels small. So I finally booked the c9 65 inch and it definitely feels big and even after getting used, it may not feel big but surely you won’t feel it’s small but standard in size. If size is the most important factor then you should look at 65 inch.

Haha yeah I get what you mean by a Sony fanboy, though I'm not exactly one even for a 32 K series LCD for last ten years without any issues Sony does deliver, but somehow the over contrasting of images I've seen of the new HD tvs on the showroom vs the color tones of panasonic puts me off from sony. Yeah Sony OLED is just out of my budget.
Yeah now I'm started rethinking of the 65 should be the way to go, just that I need to sacrifice my dream of getting a god marantz receiver and some good speakers along with 65

Last edited:
If you want the OLED experience, then you can choose 55 inch. But don't just decide by looking at the demo content. Of course it'll be small but if are particular about OLED, then it's not wise to spend a lakh more for 65. If screen size is your priority, then you may look at the biggest size tv you can afford. A 75 inch TV will be a good option if you can put up with the TV quality. If it is just for dark room viewing, movies, then you may consider a projector. You can get a decent one for 80-100k.
TVs imo aren't affordable yet in large screen sizes. So I'd suggest you to consider a bright projector. If it's a TV, a 75 inch one will be a good option.
Thanks, that's a good angle to think, but never thought a projector replacing my tv (as it's just a plain vanilla hall with day light viewing too), still will go with a 65 tv (now that I'm inclined towards this size) need to just decide between a OLED or a very good LED tv

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, first post at hifivision ( sorry for the long post in advance ). I live in Pune.

Have been lurking here for quite a few days now, really awesome community. Normally, it's hard to find people who know what they are talking about regarding TVs in India but you guys are a breath of fresh air.

Coming to what I needed help with. I am looking to buy a TV, primarily for streaming and casual gaming on my PS4. I bought a 55 inch VU premium TV recently but did not like it at all, there were too many flaws. Decided to splurge and get a good one from one of the reputed brands.

Now, an ideal tv for me would be x9500g. The upscaling, detailing and color separation will be too of the class and I wouldn't have to worry about burn in. But guess what, Sony's pricing is atrocious. The price would be double of that in US. ( 70000 vs 1.4 list price here ). Any Sony TV below x9500g won't be that good. I checked similar panasonic and LG models but wasn't wowed by the PQ ( when compared to x9500g )

So, I was like fuck it, let's decide to really up the budget and get an oled. Zeroed in on LG C9. Currently getting it at 1.22 L with + 1 year warranty on Panel from Reliance digital. Also compared to A8G and A9G, both TVs had better picture quality.

C9 is a better deal, no doubt about it. But I want to also buy additional 2 years warranty bcus with something this expensive I want to have some peace of mind. LG says 2 year warranty will cost me around 36k + gst. Reliance is offering 2 year warranty for 30k. I think I can get it down to 25K. Reliability will be a factor though.

So my options are around 1.45K if I buy warranty from Reliance or 1.55k if I buy from LG. I don't like this at all. Especially, since many people got a 3 year warranty for free during Diwali ( although granted that the Panel was not covered in the additional 2 years )

So, guys I wanted to ask you this -

1. Should I get the extended warranty ? 1+ 1 on Panel will be enough to cover most issues ?
2. I have seen twice mentioned now that someone bought and A9G for 1.75 and A8G for 1.5. Further warranty from Sony is cheaper - 25k for 2 years. Plus I like the PQ better than LG and it's more reliable. You think I can get the those prices here in Pune ?
Idk, the list prices are so high in showrooms that I think I will be laughed at if I suggest this. Already talked to Reliance guy, said he can do 1.7 for an A8G at best :(.
But lets say I get can get an A9G at 1.75. That would be 2L including extended warranty from the manufacturer vs 1.55 for C9. This sounds a good deal to me.
3. Now this is a stupid question to ask to people who want to buy an oled. Is there any TV that would be cheaper but with more value for money ?

Thanks for helping out in advance.

Now my dilemma

That cashback is limited to 2K i believe at VS, please check again

- Thanks yeah now I have to rethink about 65 then, wouldn't any good panasonic like GX750D (guess FX730 now) be better than a Q70? Cause I'm somehow sold on to the GX655(Vivid Color pro) on a 65inch and even 750D with HCX processor was looking stunning (since only 48inch is available but)
- PS4 pro can do 60fps at times on few games, so straight answer no it can only 30fps at 1080p, but with the boost mode on it can 60fps at times during a game (and those periods are just breathtaking)
(Still the ideal scenario of a OLED with gsync and a console displaying at 60fps constant is far away dream but yes xbox can do it but not exactly a xbox fanby with all the bad titles on it)
- If at all 65C9 I can get during some deals with just sankranti around the corner will wait for it and chk that too; but on general note any idea of vijay sales by anyone out here and which is the best retail which offers the max discount?
- Also now I need to sacrifice my plan of receiver and a couple of tower speaker allowing with a 55 C9 if I'm getting a 65 C9 now
Btw is B9 as good as C9? if so a B9 65 can be atleast 20k less that a C9 65

Panasonic GX is mediocre abroad. It doesn't have FALD. Brightness is only 400 nits. Pretty meh. In India, it's worse because IPS panel. It's a horrible TV for a dark room, which home theaters should be.

B9 is almost as good as C9, but gradiation has suffered this year. possible reasoning was mentioned by Vincent in one video, but I don't remember the details now. Anyway, it'll still smoke all FALD sets because OLED, but C9 seems like the decidedly better option this year. But yeah, if you're short on money, save that 20k.

You don't have to be at constant 60 fps, just above 40 for G-Sync to kick in. The range for VRR for these OLEDs starts from 40 fps. I'm on a PC so I have no issues with maintaining. New consoles are coming though.

You need to decide your priorities now. What will be better? 55 C9 with receiver and tower speakers, or let's 65 B9 with some good, budget audio option. If you don't want surround, how about good 2.1 active speakers from Edifier? Lots of options available. You decide what you want.

Hi Everyone, first post at hifivision ( sorry for the long post in advance ). I live in Pune.

Have been lurking here for quite a few days now, really awesome community. Normally, it's hard to find people who know what they are talking about regarding TVs in India but you guys are a breath of fresh air.

Coming to what I needed help with. I am looking to buy a TV, primarily for streaming and casual gaming on my PS4. I bought a 55 inch VU premium TV recently but did not like it at all, there were too many flaws. Decided to splurge and get a good one from one of the reputed brands.

Now, an ideal tv for me would be x9500g. The upscaling, detailing and color separation will be too of the class and I wouldn't have to worry about burn in. But guess what, Sony's pricing is atrocious. The price would be double of that in US. ( 70000 vs 1.4 list price here ). Any Sony TV below x9500g won't be that good. I checked similar panasonic and LG models but wasn't wowed by the PQ ( when compared to x9500g )

So, I was like fuck it, let's decide to really up the budget and get an oled. Zeroed in on LG C9. Currently getting it at 1.22 L with + 1 year warranty on Panel from Reliance digital. Also compared to A8G and A9G, both TVs had better picture quality.

C9 is a better deal, no doubt about it. But I want to also buy additional 2 years warranty bcus with something this expensive I want to have some peace of mind. LG says 2 year warranty will cost me around 36k + gst. Reliance is offering 2 year warranty for 30k. I think I can get it down to 25K. Reliability will be a factor though.

So my options are around 1.45K if I buy warranty from Reliance or 1.55k if I buy from LG. I don't like this at all. Especially, since many people got a 3 year warranty for free during Diwali ( although granted that the Panel was not covered in the additional 2 years )

So, guys I wanted to ask you this -

1. Should I get the extended warranty ? 1+ 1 on Panel will be enough to cover most issues ?
2. I have seen twice mentioned now that someone bought and A9G for 1.75 and A8G for 1.5. Further warranty from Sony is cheaper - 25k for 2 years. Plus I like the PQ better than LG and it's more reliable. You think I can get the those prices here in Pune ?
Idk, the list prices are so high in showrooms that I think I will be laughed at if I suggest this. Already talked to Reliance guy, said he can do 1.7 for an A8G at best :(.
But lets say I get can get an A9G at 1.75. That would be 2L including extended warranty from the manufacturer vs 1.55 for C9. This sounds a good deal to me.
3. Now this is a stupid question to ask to people who want to buy an oled. Is there any TV that would be cheaper but with more value for money ?

Thanks for helping out in advance.
I think you have wrong information, it was a comprehensive warranty, panel was definitely covered, only labour charges are to be paid in 2 and 3 year, if i remember correctly.

I think you have wrong information, it was a comprehensive warranty, panel was definitely covered, only labour charges are to be paid in 2 and 3 year, if i remember correctly.

Yup. It's a comprehensive warranty with everything that's covered in the original warranty also being covered in the extended one.

Yup. It's a comprehensive warranty with everything that's covered in the original warranty also being covered in the extended one.
I missed a good deal then. So, in your opinion, should I go out of my way to get the extended warranty ?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back