OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Any of you guys have experience with third party warranty providers like onsitego, Bajaj etc. I can only seem to find bad review online but idk if that's because of the service being really bad for 100% of the time or because we are more likely to find a bad review online

Any of you guys have experience with third party warranty providers like onsitego, Bajaj etc. I can only seem to find bad review online but idk if that's because of the service being really bad for 100% of the time or because we are more likely to find a bad review online
Nothing compares to OEM warranty, better wait for 3 years warranty scheme to come again.

I have had a bad experience with onsitego for our ACs. I would have taken third-party as insurance just in case, even if I had to fight with them, but since the option of OEM warranty might be available, I'll suggest waiting. If not, then get the cheapest third party one you can get.

As per my understanding during diwali the 3 years warranty includes labour only in the 1st year. Remaining two years you get for parts. If you buy now you will get one year labour and one year for panel. If this is not enough you need to wait till they give this offer

Panasonic GX is mediocre abroad. It doesn't have FALD. Brightness is only 400 nits. Pretty meh. In India, it's worse because IPS panel. It's a horrible TV for a dark room, which home theaters should be.

B9 is almost as good as C9, but gradiation has suffered this year. possible reasoning was mentioned by Vincent in one video, but I don't remember the details now. Anyway, it'll still smoke all FALD sets because OLED, but C9 seems like the decidedly better option this year. But yeah, if you're short on money, save that 20k.

You don't have to be at constant 60 fps, just above 40 for G-Sync to kick in. The range for VRR for these OLEDs starts from 40 fps. I'm on a PC so I have no issues with maintaining. New consoles are coming though.

You need to decide your priorities now. What will be better? 55 C9 with receiver and tower speakers, or let's 65 B9 with some good, budget audio option. If you don't want surround, how about good 2.1 active speakers from Edifier? Lots of options available. You decide what you want.
I checked the side by side of B9 and C9 in rtings almost same except brightness in HDR and some banding (hope this is not an issue) visible, so B9 is good I'm thinking. Yes I too love the pc gaming experience, right now loving sekiro at 60 fps on a 1650.
Decided on 65 for now, Budget audio is it good? can I get a really good a get 2.1 active speakers will check out edifier, cause I'm not much aware of the latest HT systems as I had a old onkyo receiver with a 5.1 jamo speakers. I can create a new thread in the HT forum if this is not relevant here but need some help with choosing good speakers and a receiver post getting my B9.

Last edited:
I checked the side by side of B9 and C9 in rtings almost same except brightness in HDR and some banding (hope this is not an issue) visible, so B9 is good I'm thinking. Yes I too love the pc gaming experience, right now loving sekiro at 60 fps on a 1650.
Decided on 65 for now, Budget audio is it good? can I get a really good a get 2.1 active speakers will check out edifier, cause I'm not much aware of the latest HT systems as I had a old onkyo receiver with a 5.1 jamo speakers. I can create a new thread in the HT forum if this is not relevant her but need some help with choosing good speakers and a receiver post getting my B9.

Go for B9. It's great too. OLED after all. You'll love it.

I have an Edifier soundbar, and it sounds good enough for my small bedroom. Audio depends really on your expectations and past equipments. I couldn't fit bookshelf speakers, otherwise I would have gotten Edifier S880DB. Bass is also something that differs. Now 55-60 Hz is good enough for me. Any lower and my neighbors would complain as sub-bass is tough to control or absorb. Many others would not be happy with that. They want their subwoofer.

I did some room treatment too. I spent 11k on that, but only 8k on the soundbar. Lol. Small room sounded bright and yet boomy. Had to control it a bit at least. Much better after treatment.

Also, I'm somewhat of an outlier. I'm not really sold on surround sound and Atmos either. In theaters, I find it distracting, especially when it comes from behind. My dream setup, which will happen once we move to a bigger place, is a 77 inch OLED with two good, clean sounding bookshelf speakers next to the TV for a wide soundstage with extreme toe-in for a wider phantom center and better off-axus performance. I'm not sold on 3.0 setups either. I also prefer a clean looking setup with minimum wire visibility or those wire hiding channels that people use. I don't like them.

Anyway, I'm no audio expert. I have some radical thoughts too. So please go and ask more people. Research well. This is half of the fun. Enjoy!

thanks for the info will surely check any idea on how good vijay sales are? in terms of delivering a good new (unused) tv and post service

I bought from Vijay Sales only. No issues. Just be cautious. Store to store variance can be there.

Go for B9. It's great too. OLED after all. You'll love it.

I have an Edifier soundbar, and it sounds good enough for my small bedroom. Audio depends really on your expectations and past equipments. I couldn't fit bookshelf speakers, otherwise I would have gotten Edifier S880DB. Bass is also something that differs. Now 55-60 Hz is good enough for me. Any lower and my neighbors would complain as sub-bass is tough to control or absorb. Many others would not be happy with that. They want their subwoofer.

I did some room treatment too. I spent 11k on that, but only 8k on the soundbar. Lol. Small room sounded bright and yet boomy. Had to control it a bit at least. Much better after treatment.

Also, I'm somewhat of an outlier. I'm not really sold on surround sound and Atmos either. In theaters, I find it distracting, especially when it comes from behind. My dream setup, which will happen once we move to a bigger place, is a 77 inch OLED with two good, clean sounding bookshelf speakers next to the TV for a wide soundstage with extreme toe-in for a wider phantom center and better off-axus performance. I'm not sold on 3.0 setups either. I also prefer a clean looking setup with minimum wire visibility or those wire hiding channels that people use. I don't like them.

Anyway, I'm no audio expert. I have some radical thoughts too. So please go and ask more people. Research well. This is half of the fun. Enjoy!

Thanks bro, will definitely research well, interesting to know about speaker toe-in, yes learning that even a good 2.1 can replace a 5.1 system too

Hello guys. New to the forum.

After a lot of deliberation we have decided to get a 77" OLED. We were originally considering 65" but eventually decided on 77" despite the potentially ridiculous pricing.

The last quote from one Reliance Digital was 7L for the C9. I am wondering if a price closer to say 5.5L is possible.

After a lot of deliberation we have decided to get a 77" OLED. We were originally considering 65" but eventually decided on 77" despite the potentially ridiculous pricing.

The last quote from one Reliance Digital was 7L for the C9. I am wondering if a price closer to say 5.5L is possible.
Which part of Chennai are you from? I recently purchased C9 65 inch and the same show room may give additional discount. 77 has a mrp of 11L and 7L seems a fair discount. Getting it for 5.5 may be very difficult

Last edited:

The 55" sells for 1.25 +- 5%
65" for 2.0 +- 10%
77" has a sticker price of 11.0 o_O

I understand the complexity of producing larger panels (unlike Plasma panels), but this is atrocious!!

65" for 2.0 +- 10%

I understand the complexity of producing larger panels (unlike Plasma panels), but this is atrocious!!
77" is a completely different segment of TV. You can see its video.

In India the price is more than twice as much. In a couple of years, as production ramps up, price should normalize for 77 inch here too.
65" for 2.0 +- 10%

The 77 inch is retailing for $4,000 in US. That's about 3 lacs. Maybe in the next few years as the production in the new factory ramps up and they have more 77 inch panels being made, India will see significant price drops.

After the post above on 77 (btw all the best for your purchase) this is going to be a step down literally :p @Marakk and few others too helped drill some Home Theater logic into me with the 65, 55 debate; but still as an Indian average consumer price to size ratio make me rethink again and again. Attaching here couple of images of my living with the 55 marked red outline and 65 marked in green outline. First image (TV1) from the real sitting distance and angle (taken from sitting at the sofa) and the next image (TV2) standing up close to wall to just show the wall size / ratio to the tv sizes. here I go again
- For this wall size and ratio 55 still felt ok
- but from the sofa (viewing distance) obviously 65 looks more better
reason I'm coming down to this is the 65 inch availability of B9 here not that common been searching with couple of showrooms across pune.... and 65 C9 (1.9L) literally is out of my league
In a dilema again..... but still the 65 inches reasoning by few others above stands true.... bigger the better, don't I'm a bit confused now.... lol

Attachments

• TV1.jpg
    TV1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 46
  • TV2.jpg
    TV2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
After the post above on 77 (btw all the best for your purchase) this is going to be a step down literally :p @Marakk and few others too helped drill some Home Theater logic into me with the 65, 55 debate; but still as an Indian average consumer price to size ratio make me rethink again and again. Attaching here couple of images of my living with the 55 marked red outline and 65 marked in green outline. First image (TV1) from the real sitting distance and angle (taken from sitting at the sofa) and the next image (TV2) standing up close to wall to just show the wall size / ratio to the tv sizes. here I go again
- For this wall size and ratio 55 still felt ok
- but from the sofa (viewing distance) obviously 65 looks more better
reason I'm coming down to this is the 65 inch availability of B9 here not that common been searching with couple of showrooms across pune.... and 65 C9 (1.9L) literally is out of my league
In a dilema again..... but still the 65 inches reasoning by few others above stands true.... bigger the better, don't I'm a bit confused now.... lol

65 will fit better here. Save more for 6 months if possible and then get the 65" C9 when prices drop in June/July? Or you can get the %% inch one now and move the couch forward towards the wall if the layout allows.

Anyway, considering that you'll be moving upwards from a much smaller TV, it's going be an amazing upgrade either way, even if not ideal. I have a 55 inch one as I couldn't fit in a 65 inch one. Is it ideal? No. Does it still offer an amazing viewing experience....yes!!

65 will fit better here. Save more for 6 months if possible and then get the 65" C9 when prices drop in June/July? Or you can get the %% inch one now and move the couch forward towards the wall if the layout allows.

Anyway, considering that you'll be moving upwards from a much smaller TV, it's going be an amazing upgrade either way, even if not ideal. I have a 55 inch one as I couldn't fit in a 65 inch one. Is it ideal? No. Does it still offer an amazing viewing experience....yes!!
yeah bro 65 is ideal :rolleyes:, btw just an update, I'm getting a 65 GX655 panasonic from vijay sales, which is not comparable to a OLED but with vivid color pro and Dolby vision and HDR (I guess this better than that 65 4k from Sanyo), btw how much is the best rate for a 65 Q80 or a 65 Q90 from Samsung here
meanwhile trying to reach out to few more sellers here for B9 65, reliance guys say B9 production has been stopped from LG and the few units that any sellers might have might be older unsold ones or probably defected ones and any issues it will be difficult to get a replacement for B9 as production is stopped is this true

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back