OLED TV's price/best quote thread

yeah bro 65 is ideal :rolleyes:, btw just an update, I'm getting a 65 GX655 panasonic from vijay sales, which is not comparable to a OLED but with vivid color pro and Dolby vision and HDR (I guess this better than that 65 4k from Sanyo), btw how much is the best rate for a 65 Q80 or a 65 Q90 from Samsung here
meanwhile trying to reach out to few more sellers here for B9 65, reliance guys say B9 production has been stopped from LG and the few units that any sellers might have might be older unsold ones or probably defected ones and any issues it will be difficult to get a replacement for B9 as production is stopped is this true

As I have written multiple times on this forum, the GX series is just bad in India with IPS panels. Only 400 nits without FALD. HDR will look washed out. If you're getting it only for SDR, fine. It can't do any justice to HDR material.

It seems like retailers are lying openly to you. B9 is very much under production, and LG will have B series in 2020 too. It doesn't make any sense to discontinue probably the second most popular OLED model, especially when Chinese players are entering the market with lower pricing. B series isn't going anywhere.

yeah bro 65 is ideal :rolleyes:, btw just an update, I'm getting a 65 GX655 panasonic from vijay sales, which is not comparable to a OLED but with vivid color pro and Dolby vision and HDR (I guess this better than that 65 4k from Sanyo), btw how much is the best rate for a 65 Q80 or a 65 Q90 from Samsung here
meanwhile trying to reach out to few more sellers here for B9 65, reliance guys say B9 production has been stopped from LG and the few units that any sellers might have might be older unsold ones or probably defected ones and any issues it will be difficult to get a replacement for B9 as production is stopped is this true
To sell existing stocks they will tell anything so don’t go by their words.

getting a quote for C9 65 at 1.90 after cashback (probably will get another 5k max and 1.85 after cashback) and for B9 1.80 now and probably 1.75 after more bargaining and after cashback effectively. So just the difference is around 10k max between both and 1.85 for C9 is decent I believe? (but just way out of my league lol :rolleyes: but got me thinking now)
- Again a little bit of an old topic, since you guys has already an OLED want to hear from you all - burn in? is it really and issue, I'm a bit worried about it since I'm a gamer and most like will play a lot of 4k ps4 games once I get either a B9 or C9
- by with LG announcing new OLED models in CES couple of days back wont that affect the prices of existing C9 and B9

Last edited:
getting a quote for C9 65 at 1.90 after cashback (probably will get another 5k max and 1.85 after cashback) and for B9 1.80 now and probably 1.75 after more bargaining and after cashback effectively. So just the difference is around 10k max between both and 1.85 for C9 is decent I believe? (but just way out of my league lol :rolleyes: but got me thinking now)
- Again a little bit of an odl topic, since you guys has already an OLED want to hear from you all - burn in? is it really and issue, I'm a bit worried about it since I'm a gamer and most like will play a lot of 4k ps4 games once I get either a B9 or C9
- by with LG announcing new OLED models in CES couple of days back wont that affect the prices of existing C9 and B9
Gaming for hours on a weekend or with a gap of one or two days is fine.Gaming for hours everyday may cause burn in after few years.

Gaming for hours on a weekend or with a gap of one or two days is fine.Gaming for hours everyday may cause burn in after few years.
Oh bro you got me worried now :rolleyes: then should I go in for C9 55 which if at all can be around a 1L damage and not 2L
*essentially the point of buying a 4k TV for a game designer like me is to play HD latest titles day in and day out :(, so once burn in happens does Lg cover it in the warranty or I just need to say bye bye to my tv
But I'm still trying find one youtube video which reported C9 burn in after gaming though

Only if it's the same game over and over again. If there are no static elements, or some elements that are usually in the same place throughout the game, such as Rocket League, burn-in shouldn't happen.

If you're playing single-player campaign games, that's just 50-150 hours in a game. Not enough to cause burn-in, as every game will have different HUD and static elements.

Oh bro you got me worried now :rolleyes: then should I go in for C9 55 which if at all can be around a 1L damage and not 2L
*essentially the point of buying a 4k TV for a game designer like me is to play HD latest titles day in and day out :(, so once burn in happens does Lg cover it in the warranty or I just need to say bye bye to my tv
But I'm still trying find one youtube video which reported C9 burn in after gaming though

Go over to reddit and forums where people have reported burn-ins. Not a single one of them has been caused by playing campaigns single-player games.You'll be fine. If there's a game in which you see yourself spending 1000+ hours, then you should worry. Otherwise no need to worry.

Burn in is not covered under warranty. If you are going to game day in and out why not go for a gaming monitor? I have a g-sync 1ms 144 hz acer gaming monitor and no way tvs can match its performance.

chked the rtings burn in test but none of it were on gaming it was just tv content, will chk out the reddit threads
yeah but again how many hours to be precise, cause yes single player campaigns or any single game will have a permanent HUD / Minimap as constant info on the same place.... so lets say two scenarios and the chances of a burn in
Case 1: playing COD WWII with HUD and minimap on and for 3 hours per day all week long
Case 2: play COD WWII with HUD and minimap on only on the weekends 7 hours per day for two days
- which of the above has more chance / can cause a burn in - faster
- does both eventually cause a burn in after sometime
@Marakk one more question I have for you - forgot to ask you in my earlier reply; in your cause you said 55 inch so how far are you viewing it from (your couch/bed)? and from that x feet does it give you immersion still? (cause like you noted I'm anywayz moving from 32 LCD, but I'm used to 46 Samsung LCD a bit too at my Dad's place not like to the 32 on a every day basis)

Last edited:
Burn in is not covered under warranty. If you are going to game day in and out why not go for a gaming monitor? I have a g-sync 1ms 144 hz acer gaming monitor and no way tvs can match its performance.
yeah that's an option too, but then I just game on my msi laptop and never owned a gaming rig (just an imac) but anwyaz since the OLED now I want to weigh my options of gaming in it, btw which is the acer monitor you have

yeah that's an option too, but then I just game on my msi laptop and never owned a gaming rig (just an imac) but anwyaz since the OLED now I want to weigh my options of gaming in it, btw which is the acer monitor you have

Just play on the TV, buddy. It's hella immersive and so smooth with g-sync. The most amount of hours I have spent in a game in past 4 years is Rocket league at 430 hours, and then Witcher 3 + exp at 200. None of those would have posed a problem. Remember, burn-in is cumulative. So it's 1000 hours in the next 5 years in a single game. Even here I'm being conservative. You can play all single-player immersive games on OLED without any worries. I'm really psyched for Cyberpunk 2077. Not going to spend even a single second of that on a measly monitor. HDR with ray tracing at whatever resolution my card will suport.

chked the rtings burn in test but none of it were on gaming it was just tv content, will chk out the reddit threads
yeah but again how many hours to be precise, cause yes single player campaigns or any single game will have a permanent HUD / Minimap as constant info on the same place.... so lets say two scenarios and the chances of a burn in
Case 1: playing COD WWII with HUD and minimap on and for 3 hours per day all week long
Case 2: play COD WWII with HUD and minimap on only on the weekends 7 hours per day for two days
- which of the above has more chance / can cause a burn in - faster
- does both eventually cause a burn in after sometime
@Marakk one more question I have for you - forgot to ask you in my earlier reply; in your cause you said 55 inch so how far are you viewing it from (your couch/bed)? and from that x feet does it give you immersion still? (cause like you noted I'm anywayz moving from 32 LCD, but I'm used to 46 Samsung LCD a bit too at my Dad's place not like to the 32 on a every day basis)

Burn-in is cumulative. 1,000 hours is 1,000 hours. Doesn't matter if you split it or not. Total hours matter.

I'm viewing it from 8 feet, which does feel small. At 5-6 feet it's better, but I don't sit like that often. It's in the bedroom. I enjoy chilling on the wedge pillow and watch for hours. 65 would have been better but the room has pillars that make mounting a 65 inch really awkward.

Btw, Rtings have done a CoD test for burn-in. Check that out and see whether they had the HUD on or not. Also, that's a 2017 model. You can easily double those hours with a 2019 set. With logo luminance on high, probably even more, but I'm giving conservative estimates to everyone.

Burn-in is cumulative. 1,000 hours is 1,000 hours. Doesn't matter if you split it or not. Total hours matter.

I'm viewing it from 8 feet, which does feel small. At 5-6 feet it's better, but I don't sit like that often. It's in the bedroom. I enjoy chilling on the wedge pillow and watch for hours. 65 would have been better but the room has pillars that make mounting a 65 inch really awkward.

Btw, Rtings have done a CoD test for burn-in. Check that out and see whether they had the HUD on or not. Also, that's a 2017 model. You can easily double those hours with a 2019 set. With logo luminance on high, probably even more, but I'm giving conservative estimates to everyone.

Cool, still 55 is big so enjoy it (I have been gaming on 32 all these years :p)
Yeah will chk the rtings COD test settings
btw pre-ordered cycberpunk too ;) it's going to be one hell of a game; hope u've seen the latest gameplay vid
and waiting to replay fallout and bioshock on C9 now

Cool, still 55 is big so enjoy it (I have been gaming on 32 all these years :p)
Yeah will chk the rtings COD test settings
btw pre-ordered cycberpunk too ;) it's going to be one hell of a game; hope u've seen the latest gameplay vid
and waiting to replay fallout and bioshock on C9 now

I'm a big Witcher fan, so eagerly awaiting it. Don't follow every update though. Lol. I'm the kind of gamer who'll play it after the launch bugs are fixed. Hehe!

yeah witcher is the game of the century for sure, been more of a fallout guy and into skyrim so not done more than 30 hours on witcher stuck to sekiro for now, chk out sekiro and nioh if you like fast paced combats.... anywayz we will stick to oleds before someone flags us for game chats.... btw is there a site that talks about HT room setups (tv placement, siting distance, speaker placements etc) for ideal HT experience

yeah witcher is the game of the century for sure, been more of a fallout guy and into skyrim so not done more than 30 hours on witcher stuck to sekiro for now, chk out sekiro and nioh if you like fast paced combats.... anywayz we will stick to oleds before someone flags us for game chats.... btw is there a site that talks about HT room setups (tv placement, siting distance, speaker placements etc) for ideal HT experience

Haha! Yeah! I'm a pretty casual gamer. I started Dark Souls 3, but it needs a lot of practice to...git gud. Lol. Will get more into gaming this year. I haven't yet played even an assassin's creed game. Lol

Anyway, let's not sidetrack the thread. Go for the OLED. You'll love it.

Which part of Chennai are you from? I recently purchased C9 65 inch and the same show room may give additional discount. 77 has a mrp of 11L and 7L seems a fair discount. Getting it for 5.5 may be very difficult
Thanks man. Which showroom was it?

I am from another city in TN, and plan to purchase from Chennai or Bangalore which are the nearest metros to me.
The last 7L quote was from Reliance Digital in Chennai.

We plan to purchase by April, and hope that the CX releases by then or the C9 drops in price.

In India the price is more than twice as much. In a couple of years, as production ramps up, price should normalize for 77 inch here too.
The price is... not ideal. But we are already spending quite a bit for building a dedicated 14.5x12 home theatre room, so we have decided to go all out. I will try for 5.5L. I hope it can be got for 6L at the max.

Projector is an option for a potentially even bigger size, but I want this to be a gaming setup as well, and projectors don't seem to do very good in that regard. And OLED PQ seems a little too good to give up.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back