OLED TV's price/best quote thread

After the post above on 77 (btw all the best for your purchase) this is going to be a step down literally :p @Marakk and few others too helped drill some Home Theater logic into me with the 65, 55 debate; but still as an Indian average consumer price to size ratio make me rethink again and again. Attaching here couple of images of my living with the 55 marked red outline and 65 marked in green outline. First image (TV1) from the real sitting distance and angle (taken from sitting at the sofa) and the next image (TV2) standing up close to wall to just show the wall size / ratio to the tv sizes. here I go again
- For this wall size and ratio 55 still felt ok
- but from the sofa (viewing distance) obviously 65 looks more better
reason I'm coming down to this is the 65 inch availability of B9 here not that common been searching with couple of showrooms across pune.... and 65 C9 (1.9L) literally is out of my league
In a dilema again..... but still the 65 inches reasoning by few others above stands true.... bigger the better, don't I'm a bit confused now.... lol

I've done something similar in my living room and have a feeling the 65" would perhaps deliver a more immersive viewing experience.

I held back my purchase since the cost of 65" was beyond what I was willing let go of. Also, my usage is really low - two or three movies a month - and that is warranting discussions at home

Last edited:
Thanks man. Which showroom was it?

I am from another city in TN, and plan to purchase from Chennai or Bangalore which are the nearest metros to me.
The last 7L quote was from Reliance Digital in Chennai.

We plan to purchase by April, and hope that the CX releases by then or the C9 drops in price.
Shahs Tambaram
The price is... not ideal. But we are already spending quite a bit for building a dedicated 14.5x12 home theatre room, so we have decided to go all out. I will try for 5.5L. I hope it can be got for 6L at the max.

Projector is an option for a potentially even bigger size, but I want this to be a gaming setup as well, and projectors don't seem to do very good in that regard. And OLED PQ seems a little too good to give up.
I think you should plan a projector. I have even had demo in 85 inches Sony x950 and 77 lg c9. No way near the cinematic Experience of a projector. Just cause I didn’t have space I went for a 65 inch oled else projector for sure. After upgrading from a led 43 inc to 65 inch oled more then the picture quality I am enjoying the size. You should reconsider for sure. Gaming you can always have a separate set up. Well choice is yours

Shahs Tambaram

I think you should plan a projector. I have even had demo in 85 inches Sony x950 and 77 lg c9. No way near the cinematic Experience of a projector. Just cause I didn’t have space I went for a 65 inch oled else projector for sure. After upgrading from a led 43 inc to 65 inch oled more then the picture quality I am enjoying the size. You should reconsider for sure. Gaming you can always have a separate set up. Well choice is yours
Thanks man. Will consider it before making the final decision.

I guess Optoma P1 is the best UST projector right now from everything I've read. I don't know the price premium for that and an ALR screen in India. How much might it cost over US prices I wonder?

Thanks man. Will consider it before making the final decision.

I guess Optoma P1 is the best UST projector right now from everything I've read. I don't know the price premium for that and an ALR screen in India. How much might it cost over US prices I wonder?
You should check with other FM’s regarding ALR. A lot of them here use projectors for their dedicated HT and if you are really interested to go the projector route or wanna learn more start a thread with your room details and budget. You will get a lot of opinions from actual owners

Last edited:
I was quoted 1,77,000 at Vijay Sales Santa Cruz on 30th December plus 7500 cashback on HDFC. But when i came back the next day they told me the company had increased the price and their final offer was 190000...Should have just picked it up instead of waiting for a day :(
any update on this? is still VS santa cruz quoting that same rate? 1.77 or 1.90

meanwhile I got a LG company contact and the person called me and said that from the company they are now bringing the OLED Tv home and placing it in your setup running a demo if not happy you cannot purchase, never heard of this before; but asked them to give me a demo. The bill too they will get it billed from whichever re seller we buy from he told eg: Vijay sales if we want to get it from them.
Also guys pls update latest price of B9 and C9 like asked in the post above

Demo service is quite old....they have been offering this for quite some time now. You can try/experience OLED. No compulsion on buying.

Last week, I availed of the demo service for 6 days. No conditions attached. In fact, they didn't even inquire about my intention to purchase C9 once the demo was over. Go ahead with it.

Hi. LG approached me to replace the power supply of my 65c7 with a better version seemingly for no cost. Said exercise is being done pan India for certain models. Anybody has idea on this? Is it ok to let them change it - I mean the TV is running fine so was skeptical.

Thanks

Prices on croma dropping.65b9 available at 1.89.+ card + some bargening.hope to touch 1.75 atleast.waiting for 26.

Hi guys, just a quick update on me buying the lg C9 55 inch
Final offer from reliance digital - 1,49,000. 124000 for the tv + 25000 for the extended warranty.
I will be getting 7.5K cashback. So final price will be 141500.

What do you guys think ? Should I pull the trigger ?

Hi guys, just a quick update on me buying the lg C9 55 inch
Final offer from reliance digital - 1,49,000. 124000 for the tv + 25000 for the extended warranty.
I will be getting 7.5K cashback. So final price will be 141500.

What do you guys think ? Should I pull the trigger ?
1.25L is a good price. If u can extend budget go for 65

Chk croma cite .1.35 with 2 years warranty .plus some card discount and your barging Power will do the magic

Checked for 65C9 at Reliance Digital, his best price was 2.2L after all the offers. I told him on his face that it is no where close to being a good price.

LG 75UM7600 was 1.67L. They are running 7k cashback on Stan Chart cards.

Checked for 65C9 at Reliance Digital, his best price was 2.2L after all the offers. I told him on his face that it is no where close to being a good price.

LG 75UM7600 was 1.67L. They are running 7k cashback on Stan Chart cards.
Reliance digital the best quote I got was 2.05L and they don’t come down. I got mine for 1.95 from shahs with 10%cash back max 7500 rs

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back