OLED TV's price/best quote thread

I booked 65" LG C9 yesterday with one lac booking amount. After hard bargain the I could only get them to settle for 2.40 lacs including sound bar.
I just can't believe the FMs mentioning the price of C9 in other cities is close to 1.8 without sound bar and just over 2 lacs with sound bar. I was told that post 31st January the prices have increased by 6%.

Depends on the city and competition within dealers too. Although, 2.4l is a lot. Without soundbar they cut 10k. Even online in sales it went cheaper than this. Currently it's 2.2l on tatacliq, without soundbar of course. They have a cheap extended warranty scheme though. It's from oneassist, which isn't that good, but definitely better than nothing.

Depends on the city and competition within dealers too. Although, 2.4l is a lot. Without soundbar they cut 10k. Even online in sales it went cheaper than this. Currently it's 2.2l on tatacliq, without soundbar of course. They have a cheap extended warranty scheme though. It's from oneassist, which isn't that good, but definitely better than nothing.

2.4 is with sound bar. Without sound bar it was only 10K less.

Anyone knows the current price of C9?

Have been offered 1.25L for 55C9 at kohinoor mumbai.
I have booked it but i am still worried about screen burn in. Should i switch to Samsung Q80
Mainly it will be used to view Tatasky connection and some online streaming
What to do?

Have been offered 1.25L for 55C9 at kohinoor mumbai.
I have booked it but i am still worried about screen burn in. Should i switch to Samsung Q80
Mainly it will be used to view Tatasky connection and some online streaming
What to do?

The tatatsky logo itself can burn-in as it remains constantly on the screen. You can expect 5,000-6,000 hours of usage before it burns in prominently. Probably not the best case use scenario for an OLED as of now.

A couple of years down the line, stack change with tadf-blue will happen, which will prolong life even more. Then burn-in wouldn't be much of a concern even in a usage scenario like yours.

The tatatsky logo itself can burn-in as it remains constantly on the screen. You can expect 5,000-6,000 hours of usage before it burns in prominently. Probably not the best case use scenario for an OLED as of now.

A couple of years down the line, stack change with tadf-blue will happen, which will prolong life even more. Then burn-in wouldn't be much of a concern even in a usage scenario like yours.
ok so, watching tatasky continuously on OLED is a problem and can lead to burn in then?

ok so, watching tatasky continuously on OLED is a problem and can lead to burn in then?

Yup! It can be. We don't know how effective logo luminance will be. So take 5000-6000 hours as the conservative estimate and calculate accordingly.

Yup! It can be. We don't know how effective logo luminance will be. So take 5000-6000 hours as the conservative estimate and calculate accordingly.
UH ho that's a major issue now, my house runs 24/7 on tatasky i.e., cable tv channels only and sometimes watch streaming content or movies.
If so now what is the best FALD alternative / panasonic tvs to a OLED :rolleyes:

UH ho that's a major issue now, my house runs 24/7 on tatasky i.e., cable tv channels only and sometimes watch streaming content or movies.
If so now what is the best FALD alternative / panasonic tvs to a OLED :rolleyes:
If your plan is to watch tata sky and streaming content you can very well save a lot in avoiding oled. Midrange tv’s from Sony, Panasonic and Samsung will surely satisfy you. Also the one plus tv is good enough.

Q80 or X950G will suit you better then. Or wait for 5-6 months for 2020 models.

You can also consider LG's nano cell SM 9XXX series. I had a side side comparison of SM nano cell series. Even though OLED was clear winner but nano cell was no slouch either.

After much hesitation brought SM9000 65 inch for 1.47 (best price I got after lot of bargaining and showing the TATA Cliq current price) could have gone for a 55 C9 but like mentioned TATA sky at my place runs the whole day....
Looked at Q70R, Q80R, Sony 9500G,
Any other SM 9000 users please comment your experience till now and what should be the calibration I should do....

After much hesitation brought SM9000 65 inch for 1.47 (best price I got after lot of bargaining and showing the TATA Cliq current price) could have gone for a 55 C9 but like mentioned TATA sky at my place runs the whole day....
Looked at Q70R, Q80R, Sony 9500G,
Any other SM 9000 users please comment your experience till now and what should be the calibration I should do....
I got the TV but since it was a used piece that they had sent, I had asked for newer piece which they don't have currently; so I have the option of taking any other FALD / brand tv for around 1.5L or I can still go in for OLED 55 (because of the cost matching).
First of all on SM9000 is a really good TV though less on contrast great on color. but definitely has heavy blooming on all the default picture settings in low light.

- Also for my room size and viewing distance the 65 inches looks HUGE.
- Like before only concern on OLED was watching Tatasky, so is there any DTH service at in India which doesn't display a logo.
has anybody till now got burn in because of tata sky or any other dth logos.
- Also chances of burn in while gaming for 6 hours plus per day?

I got the TV but since it was a used piece that they had sent, I had asked for newer piece which they don't have currently; so I have the option of taking any other FALD / brand tv for around 1.5L or I can still go in for OLED 55 (because of the cost matching).
First of all on SM9000 is a really good TV though less on contrast great on color. but definitely has heavy blooming on all the default picture settings in low light.

- Also for my room size and viewing distance the 65 inches looks HUGE.
- Like before only concern on OLED was watching Tatasky, so is there any DTH service at in India which doesn't display a logo.
has anybody till now got burn in because of tata sky or any other dth logos.
- Also chances of burn in while gaming for 6 hours plus per day?

Gaming for 6 hours plus per day depends if you're playing the same game over and over again, and it has a static element or a bright element that comes in the mostly same place, such as rocket league. Expect burn-in to happen at 6,000 hours or so if you're playing the same game at medium brightness. Maximum will burn it out faster; 2000-3000 hours.

What kind of games do you play? Any game that you expect to cross 6,000 hours in 5 years?

Tatatsky logo will definitely burn-in after 2-3 years if you watch it for 5-6 hours everyday. Like I said above, calculate number of days before the logo hits 6,000 hours at medium brightness. 4 hours means 1,500 days. That's about 4 years. 5 hours however cut it to 3 years or so. 6 will be somewhere between 2-3.

Whether someone has gotten burn-in from the dth logos, C7 owners will have to report. Even most C8 ones wouldn't have crossed enough viewing time to cause burn-in. Maybe by the end of this year some users might come in with burn-in reports. Depends on viewing habits and OLED light seting really.

The TV does have logo luminance btw. It does work well in dimming logos. I haven't taken that into account in the 6,000 hours calculation as I'm giving you a conservative estimate. If you do want the best PQ and are ready to take a chance that maybe after 3-4 years dth logo would have burned in, go for the OLED.

If you do, and even if burn-in happens, maybe you can keep that TV after 3-4 years as the sole dth TV and then get a new one at that time. Of course, this depends on your disposable income and how soon you get the upgrade itch.

Gaming for 6 hours plus per day depends if you're playing the same game over and over again, and it has a static element or a bright element that comes in the mostly same place, such as rocket league. Expect burn-in to happen at 6,000 hours or so if you're playing the same game at medium brightness. Maximum will burn it out faster; 2000-3000 hours.

What kind of games do you play? Any game that you expect to cross 6,000 hours in 5 years?

Tatatsky logo will definitely burn-in after 2-3 years if you watch it for 5-6 hours everyday. Like I said above, calculate number of days before the logo hits 6,000 hours at medium brightness. 4 hours means 1,500 days. That's about 4 years. 5 hours however cut it to 3 years or so. 6 will be somewhere between 2-3.

Whether someone has gotten burn-in from the dth logos, C7 owners will have to report. Even most C8 ones wouldn't have crossed enough viewing time to cause burn-in. Maybe by the end of this year some users might come in with burn-in reports. Depends on viewing habits and OLED light seting really.

The TV does have logo luminance btw. It does work well in dimming logos. I haven't taken that into account in the 6,000 hours calculation as I'm giving you a conservative estimate. If you do want the best PQ and are ready to take a chance that maybe after 3-4 years dth logo would have burned in, go for the OLED.

If you do, and even if burn-in happens, maybe you can keep that TV after 3-4 years as the sole dth TV and then get a new one at that time. Of course, this depends on your disposable income and how soon you get the upgrade itch.
haha disposable income of 1.5L doesn't happen very often maybe in 3 years once (since I'm an avg indian consumer like mentioned before)
yeah with 6hrs per day it comes to around 3 years max, yes and post burn in that could be an option too keeping OLED only for dth viewing or hopefully wait for an microled to hit the Indian market.
These are the major DTH services in India - tatasky, airtel, dishtv, reliance, videocon etc, off all these only reliance and free dish does not have bright logos.
I had already mentioned the types of games I play - mostly rpg (with minimap and HUD).
- Quite frankly doesn't these current tools included in C9 for reducing chance or Burnin actually work.
- Sadly LG wrranty doesn't cover burnin I think.
Currently quoted rate for 55 was 1.25

haha disposable income of 1.5L doesn't happen very often maybe in 3 years once (since I'm an avg indian consumer like mentioned before)
yeah with 6hrs per day it comes to around 3 years max, yes and post burn in that could be an option too keeping OLED only for dth viewing or hopefully wait for an microled to hit the Indian market.
These are the major DTH services in India - tatasky, airtel, dishtv, reliance, videocon etc, off all these only reliance and free dish does not have bright logos.
I had already mentioned the types of games I play - mostly rpg (with minimap and HUD).
- Quite frankly doesn't these current tools included in C9 for reducing chance or Burnin actually work.
- Sadly LG wrranty doesn't cover burnin I think.
Currently quoted rate for 55 was 1.25

LG warranty doesn't cover burn-in, but LG has been replacing panels for burn-in for 4 years a one-time courtesy. Not something that can be counted on 100%, but it's there.

The current tools that are there are untested. We know how C6 performed, and it was bad. Burn-in on 500-600 hours only. We know C7 improved it to 3000 hours. Rtings has tested both of these, but not C8 or C9.

Logo luminance came in on 2018 sets and red subpixel has been increased twice, and now it's almost twice the size of 2017 sets. Aperture ratio, fill ratio of the pixels has also improved, giving more headroom to compensation mechanisms. The end result of these improvements might very well mean that the set will last way longer than even 6,000 hours, but I can't be sure. So I'm giving you a conservative estimate.

Do you play the same RPG over and over or different ones? HUDs can be turned off in a lot of games, such assassin's creed. Playing that in HDR right now. It's glorious on OLED. Disco Elysium is up next. I don't see myself crossing 200 hours on any of these games though, so have zero concerns about burn-in for my usage. Total hours matter. That's it.

pulled the trigger got a 55 C9, yes it looks amazing, but have some reservations still
My first thoughts the Nanocell in a bright room was almost as good as C9 (now C9 fanboys pls don't jump on me, I'm just trying to be rational)
Usually, in Technicolor and ISF picture modes the Nanaocell was as good as the C9 with the same content (a dolby vision movie from netflix). Yes there was blooming in the Nanocell, thats where C9 feels far better pure black and no blooming, but apart from that for morning viewing I felt both almost similar, of course, C9 looks sharper a bit.
Btw not able to see technicolor setting in C9, only the following settings are available - Vivid, Standard, Cinema, Game ISF Bright, ISF Dark and HDR, not sure why Technicolor is not available in C9 or is there something wrong with my set.
Will do a review sometime soon.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back