OLED TV's price/best quote thread

pulled the trigger got a 55 C9, yes it looks amazing, but have some reservations still
My first thoughts the Nanocell in a bright room was almost as good as C9 (now C9 fanboys pls don't jump on me, I'm just trying to be rational)
Usually, in Technicolor and ISF picture modes the Nanaocell was as good as the C9 with the same content (a dolby vision movie from netflix). Yes there was blooming in the Nanocell, thats where C9 feels far better pure black and no blooming, but apart from that for morning viewing I felt both almost similar, of course, C9 looks sharper a bit.
Btw not able to see technicolor setting in C9, only the following settings are available - Vivid, Standard, Cinema, Game ISF Bright, ISF Dark and HDR, not sure why Technicolor is not available in C9 or is there something wrong with my set.
Will do a review sometime soon.
how much did you pay?

pulled the trigger got a 55 C9, yes it looks amazing, but have some reservations still
My first thoughts the Nanocell in a bright room was almost as good as C9 (now C9 fanboys pls don't jump on me, I'm just trying to be rational)
Usually, in Technicolor and ISF picture modes the Nanaocell was as good as the C9 with the same content (a dolby vision movie from netflix). Yes there was blooming in the Nanocell, thats where C9 feels far better pure black and no blooming, but apart from that for morning viewing I felt both almost similar, of course, C9 looks sharper a bit.
Btw not able to see technicolor setting in C9, only the following settings are available - Vivid, Standard, Cinema, Game ISF Bright, ISF Dark and HDR, not sure why Technicolor is not available in C9 or is there something wrong with my set.
Will do a review sometime soon.

That doesn't surprise me. I saw both tv side by side and you will have to look carefully to notice differences in picture quality.
The end scene of Jurassic World in 4k was played on both tv. The dinosaurs' skin and scales looked same but the lights in windows of background buildings was more sharp and better in color on OLED. Even the street lights were more sharp.
And the most striking difference was the black color which was perfect in OLED for obvious reasons. Though I must admit that difference was very negligible and I was already biased.

1.25 without sound bar
Hi, Where did you buy the tv from? And how did you manage to get a replacement for the used Tv set prior, it's normally a humongous task to get dealers/retail chains to admit the product is used and one wouldn't normally expect that for these expensive sets.

Hi, Where did you buy the tv from? And how did you manage to get a replacement for the used Tv set prior, it's normally a humongous task to get dealers/retail chains to admit the product is used and one wouldn't normally expect that for these expensive sets.
yes, it was a bit of struggle but the usage screenshot I took helped my case and moreover first they sent a 1 year old set so I sent it back without opening, then the next one I received was the demo piece and they told they don't have the same model stock in whole of pune, so I had the option of picking another tv

Hey Folks,

What are ur prediction for OLED prices this year?
Everyone was expecting CX to be available cheaper this year compared to last Diwali C9. But due to Covid, the sets might get more expensive. Or do you think prolonged lockdown might affect dealers and they might be selling their C9 stocks cheaper to recover some losses?

I feel it would be a bit of both. The newer sets would be more expensive in any case and adding to that would be the delays in shipment. Positively, the C9s would go for a better price since dealers would want sales to pick up and stocks to move.

Hey Folks,

What are ur prediction for OLED prices this year?
Everyone was expecting CX to be available cheaper this year compared to last Diwali C9. But due to Covid, the sets might get more expensive. Or do you think prolonged lockdown might affect dealers and they might be selling their C9 stocks cheaper to recover some losses?
Could be the other way around now. New budget which increases duty on electronics & also the high $ rate.
It's a wait & see scenario.

Prices will only increase, rupee has declined and import duty on tv was also increased. So, get the existing stock ASAP if you need a OLED TV this year.

On LG India website, 2020 65 GX OLED is shown as coming soon. Hopefully this year they may launch their 2020 OLED lineup including CX series after the lockdown ends. Having returned my C9, I am desperate to buy an OLED and going to buy as soon as CX series is available in India.

1588319357791.png

On LG India website, 2020 65 GX OLED is shown as coming soon. Hopefully this year they may launch their 2020 OLED lineup including CX series after the lockdown ends. Having returned my C9, I am desperate to buy an OLED and going to buy as soon as CX series is available in India.

View attachment 45486

The early samples from CX series haven't showed better uniformity though. One user had a panel just like the one I got replaced, with a line right in the center on dark greys. Lottery still alive this year. Plus, costs might go up thanks to the lockdown. Sales growth will also be uncertain.

The early samples from CX series haven't showed better uniformity though. One user had a panel just like the one I got replaced, with a line right in the center on dark greys. Lottery still alive this year. Plus, costs might go up thanks to the lockdown. Sales growth will also be uncertain.
Yes you are right, but don't want to purchase C9 again, also CX would probably be supported longer by LG in terms of feature updates. Will pickup C9 again only if their is a fire sale by dealers post lockdown relaxation, which might happen as after 50+ days of zero sales and considering the general economic devastation, dealers will try to generate cashflow.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back