OLED TV's price/best quote thread

was looking around 1.8 or little less.

I am with you. I'll buy if he quotes 1.8L. You can tell him there are two buyers. I am at Jakkur. They should be fine to deliver to my place. Office is GR Tech park at Whitefield.

Also ask for Sony X950G - if he quotes 1.6L, I'll take it. That is my first preference though. I just feel it suits my requirements more, but either one will work.

I am with you. I'll buy if he quotes 1.8L. You can tell him there are two buyers. I am at Jakkur. They should be fine to deliver to my place. Office is GR Tech park at Whitefield.

Also ask for Sony X950G - if he quotes 1.6L, I'll take it. That is my first preference though. I just feel it suits my requirements more, but either one will work.
I will suggest wait for x900h as it's slightly better for gaming and has better local dimming.

Yup our diwali is coming early

Amen brother.

Sure. And I don't think they will have problem to ship to your place. They cover whole Bangalore.
Share your whatsapp number.
And I already did the enquiry on x950G as a second resort. they told they would give it for 1.62L for 65 inch. But they can come down even less..
If we are going to take together they may reduce even more. If someone could join us we can get for even cheaper.

I will suggest wait for x900h as it's slightly better for gaming and has better local dimming.

Amen brother.
But suddenly people on AVS forum complaining about gradient performance they say there is too much banding when watching low bit videos while the older sony models performing much better. I'm leaning towards sony for their gradient performance, motion and rendering. If it isn't there then I'm worried on what to get.

And regarding local zone count its way less probably 32. But they say it's still performing so well despite the zone count. Need to wait and see the indian pricing.
X950H is another one which I'm considering. But I'm worried about pricing in india. If it costs as same as c9 then there's no sense to go with x950H.
Not sure why still sony is delaying the 950H launch and availability.
And there is no mention of 65" or less on their website. Which is another mystery. When I contacted their support via email, they said they can't disclose any details. WTF! Seriously! I was asking about the mentioned size not about release dates. Literally breaking my head

Will take C9 if they quote 1.8 or less. It's just stolen my heart when I watched it in person. Mind bending madness. Still there somewhere there are few worries about burn-in lol.

Sure. And I don't think they will have problem to ship to your place. They cover whole Bangalore.
Share your whatsapp number.
And I already did the enquiry on x950G as a second resort. they told they would give it for 1.62L for 65 inch. But they can come down even less..
If we are going to take together they may reduce even more. If someone could join us we can get for even cheaper.
Somewhere in 1.4 range and I may join you folks as well :p :p

x900h as it's slightly better for gaming and has better local dimming
But I'm worried about pricing in india.

Yes friend, 900H and 950h both are better than G series, but here are my thoughts:

1. H series will certainly be over 2L for 65 in whenever it is launched in India, may be around 2.2 or 2.3 with Diwali deals nearing 2L

2. I have no issues with wide angle views of 950G. Rting may complain in a lab test for viewing angles, real world people haven’t complained so much.

3. In a blind test, I’ll be barely able to distinguish between G and H. Also, G is proven for last one year and there hasn’t been any major issue reported against it, whereas H series has few issues reported already.

4. 1.6L or 1.55L is a best price for a Sony FALD set with best in business upscaling.

So either Sony 950G for 1.55L or LGC9 for 1.8L will do for me for next 6-7 years. I do have serious concerns over burn-in though. My usage has considerable Tatasky watch. And I don’t want to worry about image retention and burnin after spending 1.8L. Another reason is the OS. People may think otherwise, but I prefer the flexibility of Android OS more than WebOS. Precisely the reason for Sony to be my preference. If I don’t get both, I’ll try for Frame for 1.35L type whenever possible.

Last edited:
Yes friend, 900H and 950h both are better than G series, but here are my thoughts:

1. H series will certainly be over 2L for 65 in whenever it is launched in India, may be around 2.2 or 2.3 with Diwali deals nearing 2L

2. I have no issues with wide angle views of 950G. Rting may complain in a lab test for viewing angles, real world people haven’t complained so much.

3. In a blind test, I’ll be barely able to distinguish between G and H. Also, G is proven for last one year and there hasn’t been any major issue reported against it, whereas H series has few issues reported already.

4. 1.6L or 1.55L is a best price for a Sony FALD set with best in business upscaling.

So either Sony 950G for 1.55L or LGC9 for 1.8L will do for me for next 6-7 years. I do have serious concerns over burn-in though. My usage has considerable Tatasky watch. And I don’t want to worry about image retention and burnin after spending 1.8L. Another reason is the OS. People may think otherwise, but I prefer the flexibility of Android OS more than WebOS. Precisely the reason for Sony to be my preference. If I don’t get both, I’ll try for Frame for 1.35L type whenever possible.
If we can't get c9 for good price then let's wait for either x9000H to be launched. It may be cheaper
Or c9 for diwali sale.

@gnan10 - 1.55L for 950G works for me bro. Whatever it’ll be launched with, 900h won’t be less than 2L. Sony 8000 series pricing tells us that Sony isn’t going to change their pricing strategy. 800G last year was at 1.3L, 800H is at 1.33L this year. Also, their 900h and 950h will be another story. Presence of 900h will push the pricing of 950h upwards, rather than reverse happening.

@gnan10 - 1.55L for 950G works for me bro. Whatever it’ll be launched with, 900h won’t be less than 2L. Sony 8000 series pricing tells us that Sony isn’t going to change their pricing strategy. 800G last year was at 1.3L, 800H is at 1.33L this year. Also, their 900h and 950h will be another story. Presence of 900h will push the pricing of 950h upwards, rather than reverse happening.
Does not make sense. How can they price x900h higher than C9?

ow can they price x900h higher than C9?

:)

Last year, 950g was running at 2.3L and C9 at 2.2L. During Diwali, people got c9 on offer for 1.8L however 950G never came below 2.1L. That’s the history of Sony for us. Sony did a 50k price cut in 950g, 2 months ago.

And whatever we seeing from Sony this year, the situation hasn’t changed any bit.

I initially was behind x950G. But not sure if 1.5+ lakh is worthy for that TV. When I was seeing Dolby vision demos in store sony x95G performed very dull next to c9. Don't know if they messed up the x95G settings deliberately. And as alternative we can get LG b9 for 1.7L which is also a very good OLED. But still not convinced to go with b9 while having the c9 with less price difference.

@gnan10 - what is your usage like? Where are you going to place the TV?

Also, for showroom demos, carry your own 3-4 different type of content to play and test. If using content from store, try with 3-4 different content. One HDR content may shine more in one compared to other depending upon how that was mastered and TV handled. Playing 3-4 different examples will provide a good benchmark.

@gnan10 - what is your usage like? Where are you going to place the TV?
It will be my living room TV my couch is 12 feet away from my TV unit. My usage is more of movies, TV series and some DTH (live TV apps but very less). For now I'm not into gaming. But definitely I gonna plug a ps5 next year.
Though I'm worried about burn-in issues, I'm convinced that the issues have come down significantly with newer models.
And the price: performance ratio is amazing in case of c9. X950G is really not doing well in this area.

It will be my living room TV my couch is 12 feet away from my TV unit. My usage is more of movies, TV series and some DTH (live TV apps but very less). For now I'm not into gaming. But definitely I gonna plug a ps5 next year.
Though I'm worried about burn-in issues, I'm convinced that the issues have come down significantly with newer models.
And the price: performance ratio is amazing in case of c9. X950G is really not doing well in this area.
My usage is same as urs, except much less DTH (couple of hours a week, on average). Hence all set on C9 for those yummy blacks, scrumptious contrast and wide viewing angles.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back