OLED TV's price/best quote thread

My usage is same as urs, except much less DTH (couple of hours a week, on average). Hence all set on C9 for those yummy blacks, scrumptious contrast and wide viewing angles.
Have you already got c9 or looking forward to get one? If you are looking to buy one then where do you live?

issues have come down significantly with newer models.

Come down certainly, but not disappeared. Samsung proudly provides 10 yr panel guarantees- whereas LG shys away.

You don’t have DTH and if you can darken the living room enough, C9 will work best for you.

Let’s see if we can get C9 for 1.8L, I have my reservations, but I’ll take the jump.

Come down certainly, but not disappeared. Samsung proudly provides 10 yr panel guarantees- whereas LG shys away.

You don’t have DTH and if you can darken the living room enough, C9 will work best for you.

Let’s see if we can get C9 for 1.8L, I have my reservations, but I’ll take the jump.
True. I still see lot of people complain about burn-in on AVS forum. Not sure if it's really a great choice to get c9 for 6-7 years of fuzz free ownership.
And I don't have DTH connection from past 1.5 years. So I wouldn't watch live TV stuff for long on live TV apps. Still somewhere some worry in mind. Lol

Where did you get that 1.55 lakh offer?

I haven't enquired about the 65". The 55" and 65" price difference is 52k. The 55" is quoted at 1.12 online and is available for 1.03 offline. You can expect the same discount percentage on the 65". Quote is from Mumbai.

I have tried at numerous places in Bangalore, lowest I could manage recently was 1.65L

I feel it indicates my poor negotiating skills more than real price possible to squeeze in there for 950G.

Could be a city thing.

How many dealers have you tried? Just a 2k discount isn't enough imo. You can get cash back of 8k on amazon itself by using the ICICI card. I would expect the dealers to beat this offer.

It will be my living room TV my couch is 12 feet away from my TV unit. My usage is more of movies, TV series and some DTH (live TV apps but very less). For now I'm not into gaming. But definitely I gonna plug a ps5 next year.
For PS5 LG C9 is better choice as it has HDMI 2.1 which is missing in 950G/H.
When I was seeing Dolby vision demos in store sony x95G performed very dull next to c9. Don't know if they messed up the x95G settings deliberately.
Last year sony models had some issues with DV while playing it natively.It was not there on external devices like apple tv 4k or fire tv 4k.That might be the reason

This month most probably.
got it - based on everything I have read so far, the CX has a newer processor that allows for motion smoothening and insertion of black frames BFI 120hz, DV IQ (not sure how useful this is vs marketing value) and better colorspace coverage, but the C9 has 48gb hdmi 2.1 vs 40gb on the CX and the C9 is brighter than the CX. Are there any major differences that I am missing?

got it - based on everything I have read so far, the CX has a newer processor that allows for motion smoothening and insertion of black frames BFI 120hz, DV IQ (not sure how useful this is vs marketing value) and better colorspace coverage, but the C9 has 48gb hdmi 2.1 vs 40gb on the CX and the C9 is brighter than the CX. Are there any major differences that I am missing?
I think you have covered all major differences.
Regarding motion and BFI CX might do better job.
When it comes to color volume coverage C9 already has more than sufficient.
I heard that CX has better gradient performance than C9.
I really care less about 40gbps limitation for HDMI. Since the panel is not a 12bit.
I still feel C9 as much better choice considering the price. I am desperately waiting for c9 price drop.

Both tvs are almost identical most cases.Just to add some finer points to your list
SDR peak brightness is same for both.CX is better in black chrominance overshoot.
CX is slightly more power efficient.89W for C9 vs 75W CX.
upscaling will be slightly better on CX due to newer processor.

Also I am not sure but CX will likely going to receive firmware updates longer than C9 since it latest.may be other C7-C8 users can shed light on this.

Personally it makes sense to buy C9 if its goes below 1.7L as CX will be anyways around 1.8-1.85 around diwali.Also last year LG gave 3 yrs Extended warranty.So i guess its better to buy around diwali.But C9 will less likely be available by that time.

I have tried at numerous places in Bangalore, lowest I could manage recently was 1.65L

I feel it indicates my poor negotiating skills more than real price possible to squeeze in there for 950G.
After I have told them(Reliance) that I will be buying 2 sets and asked for the final price. Then they reduced it to 1.9. I think they would come even down may be less than 1.8 lakh in few weeks. Meanwhile if we get someone added to our group purchase. Then we may expect even better discounts.
Fingers crossed

After I have told them(Reliance) that I will be buying 2 sets and asked for the final price. Then they reduced it to 1.9. I think they would come even down may be less than 1.8 lakh in few weeks. Meanwhile if we get someone added to our group purchase. Then we may expect even better discounts.
Fingers crossed

did you check whether they have stock or not..

They said they don't have ready stock. They need to raise some po and get it for us.

Someone from Reliance digital told me they may deliver the display piece as all are coming from other cities. even he is not sure about box piece as they dont have stock in any of Bangalore stores and this is status from post lockdown. better look for other stores for BOX piece and peace of mind

may deliver the display piece as all are coming from other cities.

I am sure we can check for broken seal, or any physical usage or usage hours to ensure they are not display pieces and return them if they are. Risk of display piece being sent is from all the vendors (including online ones) - we need to be careful during delivery and installation.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back