OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Please think twice before buying LG OLED:oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I had a 55E6 that developed vertical lines. Loved 3D on that set. Unfortunately panel replacements just made it worse and LG stopped 3D after 6 series. I got a refund and decided to go with C7 that has now clocked close to 5,200 hours. You get unlucky sometimes but no reason to avoid LG.

I heard from retail stores that Sony A1 series OLED had high rate of failure. Maybe the lean back design with acoustic panel caused issues.

Saw the Samsung 65" Q95T on tatacliq for 2.65. If they can reduce its pricing it can be a great OLED alternative specially with the one connect box.
I heard that q95T/q90T is actually an upgrade for Q80R than q90r. They say q90r is better compared to q95t

I heard that q95T/q90T is actually an upgrade for Q80R than q90r. They say q90r is better compared to q95t
Yep. They have reduced the local dimming zones from 480 to 120 but changed backlight control to improve contrast and blooming. Its probably the best 4K non OLED TV of 2020. And one major cosmetic/aesthetic advantage is the one connect box.

Saw the Samsung 65" Q95T on tatacliq for 2.65. If they can reduce its pricing it can be a great OLED alternative specially with the one connect box.
Yes. Q90 is a great alternative to QLED for bright rooms. I am playing with the idea of 65 OLED or QLED.
Btw, if you have an OLED then definitely invest in a good UHD bluray player. Nothing beats physical media. So much of picture quality is lost in streaming!

There is a c9 user thread which covers settings and should be applicable for all lg oled models. You should start one for Sony once u get it
Navin, thanks. I'll post my C7 settings on C9 thread.

Sony! Sigh!
I read reviews on A8H and it is an improvement over A9G. Plus it could be at a more justifiable price bump from C9.

Received a pleasant surprise!

824C2CF3-2E3D-41B1-88E3-BBA652E795D4.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes. If not streaming I watch movies on bluray. Nothing beats physical disc.
I haven’t tested for 4k. I actually had a decent Sony 3D Blu-ray player and have a lot of 1080p Blu-ray Discs. I checked side by side and shield was equally good interms of audio and video. I think if you download the actual blu ray disk m2ts file or the remux file it’s the same has watching in blu ray disk.

I haven’t tested for 4k. I actually had a decent Sony 3D Blu-ray player and have a lot of 1080p Blu-ray Discs. I checked side by side and shield was equally good interms of audio and video. I think if you download the actual blu ray disk m2ts file or the remux file it’s the same has watching in blu ray disk.
I tested 4K using The Revenant, comparing Apple TV 4K and the disc. There is quite a lot of subtle details and overall dynamics that is lost on streaming.
I don’t download.

Lg CX and BX are now showing as available on LG website. MRP of 55 BX is mentioned as 2.2 lacs, same as last year. Called a nearby retailer, he told me they expect to receive the stock and display pieces by next week.
I guess , actual retail price will be much lesser , even for c9 55 price on their site is 2.2 but we are getting for 1.25 right

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back